The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190A-8 3/JG1 crash Vreeland

19 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

but if the Brassin pit is a hands-down winner and much better overall, I might reconsider...

You've answered your own question there. Hands down winner imho. Same goes for the Brassin engine

• Like 5

Nice work on the Focke, Jeroen. You are a brave man, adding PE to the canopy, a thing which always scares me. Do you glue it with Future or do you use CA?
I will not use HGW vinyl type masks anymore, as they never fitted properly, when I used them.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Wingco57 said:

Did you make an apointment with LHS to visit for a duration of ten minutes? Time for me to have a visit again, it's been too long.

Nope. Collect at the door. Again. 
Managed to replace the kit Mg151 barrels with the Master ones’. The Eduard wheelbay upgrade is fiddly, but then again: so am i.

4BE6C65A-49BA-410E-93E5-DCA6A2FAD223.jpeg9094FD47-B84F-4686-844E-085AC6B45CEB.jpeg3102548B-0F72-4B67-A378-83D8EDEB00C0.jpeg

• Like 12

8 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That PE work is so neat and tidy. I usually have CA everywhere but where I need it. 

Know the feeling Carl. Especially with PE belts, I usually end up with at least one part stuck to me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Know the feeling Carl. Especially with PE belts, I usually end up with at least one part stuck to me. 

Don't build too many planes Gus, people will look irritated, when they meet you  :rofl:. I know the feeling, you can't live without PE, but it can be a pain. Jeroen however, seems to be non stick, seeing the quality of his PE work.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Thnx guys. Small steps. The wheelbay is tricky. Make sure to widen the holes for the mg151’s in the Eduard set a teeny bit. Otherwise the master barrels won’t fit through. You really need to plan the sequence here in subassemblies. 

In other news: my 285€ Iwata TR1 died on me last week. The screw thread of the nozzle in the brush somehow got damaged. This is not covered by the 5 year warranty. Needle and nozzle not covered. The airbrush store is trying to fix it. If not: i’ll buy a new one.

5D0329B5-7FA1-4627-A0A8-CD2C43C72FFE.jpeg

• Like 8