Jump to content
EVERYTHING UKRAINE GROUP BUILD IS NOW UNDERWAY.

Fw190A-8 3/JG1 crash Vreeland


JeroenPeters

Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

Since I used the F8 kit to build this A8.... I need to reinstall the outer MG151 cannons. 

This means bulges on top of the wings. Easy. They're included in the kit.
And Bulges on the underwing acces panels. Harder. These bulges are quite intricate. Especially the ammo chutes. I tried to draw them up in 3D. Luckily Revell did not get the shape right. They actually used the Mk108 bulges and ammo chutes. So in the end this is an upgrade. Just ordered my 3D efforts. We'll see.

Also removed the inspection panels in the large panel.

 

detail_fw190a8_19.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-20 om 10.53.56.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-20 om 09.52.58.png

B9295F60-FBB4-4491-B04F-2F3E3E4D23AE.jpeg

ECC19227-F9A9-4248-8D2D-EB93AA9AB820.jpeg

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I checked mine Jeroen, and the blades seem to be bent too. The spinner looks ok and fits with over the hub.
In my set, the PE template for marking the middle was missing and in the Brassin engine set, there were too few cylinders packed in. Luckily, some time ago, Wumm wrote about the Brassin engine and I checked and got spares from Eduard.
It's not the first time though, parts were missing from Brassin sets. Once I ordered 1/24 cannons for the Typhoon and got only one instead of four :hsmack:. I always received spares from Eduard, but I learnt to check, where their checking often seems to fail.

Cheers Rob

IMG_8669.thumb.JPG.1fc8ae72e7289129bd17fa1c1b7e2e06.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Wingco57 said:

Or storage in a warm environment.

That's rich, given the situation with the fire in the Eduard warehouse in January :D, but earnestly, I bought the set some years ago.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/28/2021 at 7:28 PM, JeroenPeters said:

For some reason the HGW inside and outside masks are too small. So had to add some additional masking tape. Eduard cockpit combing added too.

877C8252-7782-4F45-8CAC-E14B00321ACA.jpegE2DDF800-F8D9-4844-AD25-B64488434B4D.jpeg

Super cool project

 

have you contacted HGW about their ‘short shot’ masks?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

Super cool project

 

have you contacted HGW about their ‘short shot’ masks?

No... can’t be bothered. Won’t contact Eduard either. Already cut the kit props to accommodate the Eduard hub.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/20/2021 at 10:57 AM, JeroenPeters said:

Since I used the F8 kit to build this A8.... I need to reinstall the outer MG151 cannons. 

This means bulges on top of the wings. Easy. They're included in the kit.
And Bulges on the underwing acces panels. Harder. These bulges are quite intricate. Especially the ammo chutes. I tried to draw them up in 3D. Luckily Revell did not get the shape right. They actually used the Mk108 bulges and ammo chutes. So in the end this is an upgrade. Just ordered my 3D efforts. We'll see.

Also removed the inspection panels in the large panel.

 

detail_fw190a8_19.jpg

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-20 om 10.53.56.png

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-20 om 09.52.58.png

B9295F60-FBB4-4491-B04F-2F3E3E4D23AE.jpeg

 

Jeroen, were those blisters parallel to each other? From the top of my mind I recall they were of a different shape to each other? Or was that the case with the 30mm blisters?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
8 hours ago, One-Oh-Four said:

Jeroen, were those blisters parallel to each other? From the top of my mind I recall they were of a different shape to each other? Or was that the case with the 30mm blisters?

There are 3 different blisters. Two different for the mg151. On with a central ejection chute and one with the chute to one side. Ejecting the casings outward. The mk108 had different blisters with the chutes next to it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Moving on to the rear engine hatches. These are not included in the Eduard engine set. So i will scratch them. Asked for references on Facebook and recieved a ton of photo’s on FB and email. Both from Steve mcGready and Ricardo Dacoba. 
Cut out the louvres. Smoothened the inside. Filled a tab with greencard. Added a flange and started adding detail.

EFFDAA4F-1EBE-4A34-B450-76D941D7E3C6.jpeg

EB5D0E21-1337-4AB1-B8CB-B3DD0F11CAED.jpeg

E318FE32-85B0-45F7-A314-3541C85FC4DB.jpeg

4C1636E2-BAF8-4465-A54C-7DE722B50AC6.jpeg

6A400D44-FD06-4672-BE0D-9CA5C94298B7.jpeg

9EA8B4B5-5FD6-4A1E-A195-8295428EAF91.jpeg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...