The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190A-8 3/JG1 crash Vreeland

2 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

I used mr hobby rlm02 over tamiya matt black. Added some off white and yellow to brighten up the RLM02 in the highlights 

Thanks Jeroen. Never tried the aqueous Mr Hobby paints. Too many options....

• Like 2

Jeroen

Perfect looking pre-shading work. What broke on your Iwata that it needed to go in for repairs? One of my air brushes, an Iwata Eclipse had a constant sticking trigger and no matter how much I cleaned it, the problem kept on reoccurring after a few times of use. I bit the bullet, bought all the necessary parts and replaced the complete air valve assemble and internal seals/o-rings. So far so good.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Jeroen

Perfect looking pre-shading work. What broke on your Iwata that it needed to go in for repairs? One of my air brushes, an Iwata Eclipse had a constant sticking trigger and no matter how much I cleaned it, the problem kept on reoccurring after a few times of use. I bit the bullet, bought all the necessary parts and replaced the complete air valve assemble and internal seals/o-rings. So far so good.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Aahh nasty. On mine the thread on the nozzle cap (that holds the needle) gave. I couldnt tighten it anymore. A new thread maker had to be ordered from japan. It has been a year now! Shop says the tool arrived last week so repair should not take more than another week. I hope…

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Aahh nasty. On mine the thread on the nozzle cap (that holds the needle) gave. I couldnt tighten it anymore. A new thread maker had to be ordered from japan. It has been a year now! Shop says the tool arrived last week so repair should not take more than another week. I hope…

Jeroen

Nasty repair for sure as the actual body is not a part that can be ordered and a year's wait for the thread cutter: ouch! Fingers crossed the repairs come out perfect. 🤞

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Jeroen

Mission accomplished -  the pre shading and various tones look spot on the money. I'm assuming the aileraons, looking just a solid light gray reflect the fact they were fabric covers (?).

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Exactly. I first gave them the same treatment. Not liking the monotone look i cleaned them and resprayed them with a lighter basecoat.

• Like 3

• Administrators
2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Stunning Jeroen, just attempted my first pre shading, I have a lot to learn….

Some love it. Some hate it. I only use it when i think the camo or scheme needs it. Almost ready for upper camo (rlm74 and 75)

B7126D31-DE04-4535-89AF-90B65215E885.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...