The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

A Sexy Spitfire

On 3/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, TJTX said:

I'm hoping to maybe be home for a few days to get some work done on the cockpit.   We're headed into March Madness here so who knows what my schedule holds for me.  I do know on my hard days off I'll be digging into this bird.

Just be happy you are working, play can wait.

• Like 2

Yes, knowing that 30,000 some pilots dont have jobs I cant be more thankful.   We actually probably had the busiest winter ever.  I'm not sure who or what cosmic thing everyone believes in, but I firmly believe I was brought to this company when I was because someone is watching out for me.  I've got all the chores done so tomorrow is modeling day!!

• Like 4

First Quinta bits are on.  I started with the rudder pedal parts to try and see how these work.  Pretty darn cool in my book! I'm going to over paint these when I paint the pedals to be able to blend them in and weather a bit, but the color looks pretty darn close the the MRP paint I have.  They're interesting to work with, it doesnt take much time at all to get comfortable with them.  The best way I can describe them is after they're removed from the backing paper, the act like very thin rubber.  They're certainly pliable but also still strong at the same time. I can absolutely see these becoming a must use just like fabric seatbelts have become.  Of course now we have the seatbelts with the Quinta sets! 

20210312_123849.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ok, plain and simple....

There is no other product that will get you a result remotely this good, no matter who you are.  I mean look at that radio!!!! This took me honestly 20 minutes to knock out the instrument panel and radio and that's because I'm no speed racer.  John would have the whole cockpit done by now!

20210312_183802.jpg

20210312_183745.jpg

20210312_183820.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TJTX said:

Also, why the hell haven't I switched to MRP!? This stuff is amazing! Of course i have a draw full of Gunze which I like but MRP is a whole 'nuther level.

Definitely, I switched last year, love it! I have about 120 colors now.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TJTX said:

Ok, plain and simple....

There is no other product that will get you a result remotely this good, no matter who you are.  I mean look at that radio!!!! This took me honestly 20 minutes to knock out the instrument panel and radio and that's because I'm no speed racer.  John would have the whole cockpit done by now!

20210312_183802.jpg

20210312_183745.jpg

20210312_183820.jpg

This really looks amazing!

Beautful Job so far! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

Nice to see that they work well, I was a bit unsure.

Cheers

Dennis

They're really easy to work with and I've had no issues breaking anything on them.  I was curious how the seatbelts would work but I can see they'll be plenty flexible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Some goodies arrived from across the pond.  Now I can make an appropriate E wing bird.  It blows me away tami6didnt include the few little parts needed to make an e wing when they give you the ability to have a clipped wing bird.

20210315_203054.jpg

• Like 5

Tony

Glad the AM parts arrived from the other side of the pond and you can start working on the “E” wing.

I finally finished upgrading my Mustang cockpit with the Quinta decals and all the extra detail decals included in the set, brought it up to a new level. I also have been using Micro Kristal Kleer to add a bit of extra insurance, just to be sure they remain in place. Just too new using them to felt confident at this stage of the game.

Looking forward to Your E wing update

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2

Just to clarify,  the cockpit looking that good has nothing to do with me, it's all the Quinta sets.  I've got a second set for my Mustang and another set coming for my Zero.  I'll be buying another set for my 2nd Mustang and a set for my Corsair when they have that as an option.   

• Like 2