Jump to content

Large Scale (Size Matters?) In Less Than 1/35th?


Folkwulfe
 Share

Recommended Posts

I am currently building a 1/72nd scale Revell Type VII C/41 U-Boat that measures out at near 3 feet in length. Since it's smaller, in scale, than the required 1/32nd scale, is it allowable here or not? I await your answer before I post further...and thanks in advance for your consideration.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome to this open minded and friendly place of plastic nuts. Glad you found us and joined. LSM is open to all scales, I even posted a 1/144 build once :D. There is a section on the homepage called Non-LS Builds and that is where you can leave all the smaller stuff, including your U-boat. Personally, I like diversity, be it in scales or subjects. Feel free, to post your progressions with your boat

Cheers Rob

image.thumb.png.6641d9da3287955c7f18e80a4e55defa.png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Jim H said:

It's actually now allowed in the regular LSM build areas as it's a LARGE model, irrespective of scale!

Now that's a definition I can get behind. :thumbsup2:

Can't wait to see your build. 

Carl

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 3:29 AM, Folkwulfe said:

I am currently building a 1/72nd scale Revell Type VII C/41 U-Boat that measures out at near 3 feet in length. Since it's smaller, in scale, than the required 1/32nd scale, is it allowable here or not? I await your answer before I post further...and thanks in advance for your consideration.

:1051927712:the friendliest corner of the modelling world. Looking forward to seeing your build...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Yes, the emphasis is now more on the LARGE, rather than just the scale multiplier. So a 1/72 An-225 is absolutely welcome in the main area. 

Its a serious attempt to be more inclusive and not disqualify people.  One model a few of us have built or are going o build is the 1/48 Vickers Wellington.  1/48 is as big as you’ll find unless you scratch it or go vac, so as fast as I’m concerned, BRING IT!

That U-boat will look stunning!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2021 at 3:06 PM, Jim H said:

It's actually now allowed in the regular LSM build areas as it's a LARGE model, irrespective of scale!

 

5 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yes, the emphasis is now more on the LARGE, rather than just the scale multiplier. So a 1/72 An-225 is absolutely welcome in the main area. 

Its a serious attempt to be more inclusive and not disqualify people.  One model a few of us have built or are going o build is the 1/48 Vickers Wellington.  1/48 is as big as you’ll find unless you scratch it or go vac, so as fast as I’m concerned, BRING IT!

If you may allow, Folkwulfe, I want to place an OT comment here, because the subject was stressed in this thread by our moderators. 
We have a Non-LSM-place for WIP's and finished models, so why make exceptions. I never found myself humiliated by placing my small scale builds there. The new path lacks definition also. Up to wich size a non LSM-kit is Non-LSM or is a very small LS-kit like a Kettenkrad possibly Non-LSM.
I don't want to provoke a LS argument here, but I can't see the point of the change of view. 

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see the U boat getting a great overhaul, wherever it is placed here. 

Cheers Rob

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ernie

Completely agree.  Too much emphasis is placed on scale rather then size of the model. I just took a quick peak at my display case and I was surprised to see that a 1/48 F-14 is actually a larger model then a 1/32nd P-51.

Part of the problem is the non large scale is at the very bottom of the forum list and I would guess not visited as often as it should and it should really be placed right after LSM Work In Progress, as it is a build forum.

Peter

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...