The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Hasegawa FW190 A8 Blue 8 JG5

Hi guy's. I finished Blue 8 a wile ago now and thought I'd share some photos.

She was painted with Gunze acrylics and weathered with oils, pastels and coloured pencils. Final flat coat is Testors Dullcoat. Apart from brass tubing gun barrels and scratching the outboard cannon fairings, I built it oob. I did spend a lot of time aligning the cowling to the fuselage and luckily didn't need any filler. Phew!! Decals are from Eagle Cals.

FW190A8102-1.jpg

FW190A8101-1.jpg

FW190A8095-1.jpg

FW190A8092-1.jpg

FW190A8093-1.jpg

FW190A8094-1.jpg

FW190A8098-1.jpg

FW190A8097-1.jpg

FW190A8122-1.jpg

FW190A8123-1.jpg

FW190A8086-1.jpg

FW190A8088-1.jpg

FW190A8107-1.jpg

Sorry for the furryish photos.........don't know what's going on there they seem fine on HS. I have done a little more with the weathering since these were taken and finished the antenna lead in wire to the fuselage.

Hope you enjoy the pics cheers Bevan

• Like 6

Now that has to be one of the nicest 190s I have ever seen, what a beautiful finish, Fantastic scheme also. Very well done and thanks indeed for sharing ;-)

Martin.

Agreed!  Love your weathering style, looks good and used.  Did you use oils to get that subtle marbled look?  I like it VERY much.

Agreed!  Love your weathering style, looks good and used.  Did you use oils to get that subtle marbled look?  I like it VERY much.

Hi Daywalker  glad you like it. Yes I did use oils (white) but only on the fuselage spine, from the wing root to the outer cannon covers, rear canopy section and mg cover and the cowling ..... I think!

Greetings Brevan;

Another excellent example of a Luftwaffe aircraft .......... Very nice....... the weathering is lovely..........  doggyh10.gif.

It does not get much better than this .......................  mike10.gif.

Mike

First of all thanks to everybody for your kind comments, appreciated.

Matt, the oil paint was firstly added as a wash/filter using black and burnt umber and dabbed off rather than wiped in the direction of the airflow to get a more random effect.

I re cleared it and added pin washes. final use of oils was over the flat coat, dot filter using white. Only the second time using this method so I was a little nervous as I had it looking pretty good and didn't want to ruin it. This was used over the MG cover, engine cowling, rear canopy section, fuselage spine and from the wing roots out to the cannon covers. Hope this helps cheers Bevan

• 2 weeks later...

Bevan

Thanks for bringing your work here - looks fantastic

One suggestion / observation: the decals look super bright and sharp compared to the subdued feel of the rest of the plane, and therefore a little out of step

Brilliant mottle though - wish I could pull effects like that off myself

Many thanks again

Nick

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...