The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Spitfire II New Test shot pics

• 1 month later...

My info has nothing to do with guessing what was/wasn't measured at a Canadian museum.

My info does state emphatically that the next kit will NOT be running a DB...

A BMW 801, then? ;)

Or a Junkers Jumo...

• Members

Annnnnddddd......you would be building a what? :rolleyes:

Would really like to do the Revell He 111P as a KG 55 plane with the improvised night camo scheme but I'm a little nervous of how something that big would survive the move next year.

• Like 1

Would really like to do the Revell He 111P as a KG 55 plane with the improvised night camo scheme but I'm a little nervous of how something that big would survive the move next year.

I think I'm obsessed with night-fighters, lol!! Just did some research and love the KG55 He111P night camouflage!! I just happened to have a Revell He111P waiting in the wings!! Thanks for the idea!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's out!

Just got back from the aviation megastore and they had a nice stack of the Spit.

At 24,95 euro's a bargain.

Upon a swift inspection the instrument panels looks to be corrected. Personally

I consider the rivets not a problem. Strangely there are some proud panels on the

Wing top and underside surfaces. Have they measured P7350 by any chance?

That had same repairpatches.

Edgar?

Cheers

Cees

• Administrators

I have the final here. The rivets do seem to be a little less aggressive than the test shot, but still too heavy generally. An easy fix though, and it's at a very good price. I think it'll sell well.

• Like 1

Think too, the price is unbeatable. I like the way the wing fits to the fuselage. A firm

Joint is the result. Things to note are the missing blunt spinner and the Mk V oilcooler

Intake. Wink wink nudge nudge.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 1

BTW, what is needed to make it a Mk.I? I think I have seen that the kit features metal control surfaces, while the Mk. I had fabric? Anything related to the Coffman starter would have to be removed. Does the kit feature a metal or a "bakelite" seat? The prop and spinner would be good for a Mk.I I'd think.... And of course the oil cooler must be made circular, but that's a thing that should be done, no matter what. Anything else?