The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM 1/48 Ju 88A-11

16 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

When I did some research,  you’re right in they should be 81’s. The only ones I could find were the Eduard and they were a little pricey and also resin…..

ModelsUA

miniw4858_3.jpg

And alternative to Eduard...  a buck or so cheaper.

And they have brass barrels, too.  Which is a very cheap alternative...   just attach them to your plastic receiver group.

miniw4858a_3.jpg

But missing are the sights and sight cover...   so, basically you can scratch the sight and sight cover...

2coh9jn-jpg.388090

Sorry to suggest extra work...  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

ModelsUA 

And they have brass barrels, too.  Which is a very cheap alternative...   just attach them to your plastic receiver group.

Gaz, you’re an absolute star for finding these, thanks you so much…

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GazzaS said:

ModelsUA

miniw4858_3.jpg

miniw4858a_3.jpg

But missing are the sights and sight cover...   so, basically you can scratch the sight and sight cover...

2coh9jn-jpg.388090

Sorry to suggest extra work...  

Gaz

Way to go!

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, Peterpools said:

Phil

Right with martin  - looking mighty good and raiding one kit to aid another is OK in my book

Thanks Peter, the rudder PE can’t be seen in the 109 but on the Ju88 is on show, yet to fabricate a hint of seat harness’s …..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Rob, spent some time in pit this past week, I’ll take some pics, when are starting your Do17……..

If you ask me now, I would say immediately, but then I look at my stash and find so many temptations. Honestly I can't tell. For now, I have the excuse, that I wait for my Brassin MG's. I'm also not sure about the camo and tend to a North African scheme.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those tape seat belts look great, Phil.  I reckon it's a great substitution for AM belts if your canopy is gonna be closed.  Hard thing to master is painting the buckles...   mine tend to look like silvery blobs.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Those tape seat belts look great, Phil.  I reckon it's a great substitution for AM belts if your canopy is gonna be closed.  Hard thing to master is painting the buckles...   mine tend to look like silvery blobs.

Thanks Gaz, as money is a little tight at present, I thought I’d give the tape belts a go. First time I have tried them. I’ll try your idea of yours for the buckles……..

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Awesome work on the front office and those seat belts and harnesses - bravo! The look better then a lot of PE belts I've seen and some of mine as we'll

Peter much appreciated, the belts are just ordinary masking tape doubled over, cut into strips and then Vallejo Dark Brown Wash ……..I’m happy with them……

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Sweet Phil, the cockpit is looking great and it's good to see a non PE-pit with hand painted details. Seat cushions and seat belts are also very nice

Rob, much appreciated, this build is a first for several reasons mainly being detailing a German cockpit with all the RLM 66 and the seat belts……..this ICM twin is a fun build………..I think I saw ICM are bringing out a Bristol Beaufort which would be great, a very underrated workhorse. Also I wonder if it’s a line of Bristols coming our way…..

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...