The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM 1/48 Ju 88A-11

On 11/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, Peterpools said:

Which seam and what’s your filler of choice. Could be a change of filler might do the trick.

Thanks Peter, I use Vallejo it’s good for infill joints but flat seams can be a fight, I nailed it and primed plus my first attempt at pre shading, Vallejo German grey very thin……..hmmmm looking at it now,  what a bleeding mess….🤪🤞

BE83CBBF-A400-4110-97AD-398BE9AF4163.thumb.jpeg.198480090fa40f02a36ae0db44df534b.jpeg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JohnB said:

I had overlooked this build Phil! Looks like it's coming along nicely. Great subject! :)

Appreciated John, really enjoying the build, I’ll definitely build ICM again……..fancy doing a HE 111…….are we allowed to show the crooked cross on pics of the finished model?…….first Luftwaffe I’ve done since coming back to the hobby……

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

are we allowed to show the crooked cross on pics of the finished model?

That rule as far as I know only applies to farcebook.  No crazy shit like that here, thank goodness.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Appreciated John, really enjoying the build, I’ll definitely build ICM again……..fancy doing a HE 111…….are we allowed to show the crooked cross on pics of the finished model?…….first Luftwaffe I’ve done since coming back to the hobby……

No problem with the swastika showing. A HE 111 would be great! :)

• Like 2

On 11/22/2021 at 1:18 AM, GazzaS said:

That rule as far as I know only applies to farcebook.  No crazy shit like that here, thank goodness.

Thanks Gaz, I know I’d seen it somewhere……

On 11/22/2021 at 2:00 AM, JohnB said:

No problem with the swastika showing. A HE 111 would be great! :)

thanks John, I’d probably do the North Africa scheme again……

22 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Phil

Your pre-shading is looking mighty good and right with Gaz and John, no issues with using historically accurate swastika decals on our models.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

thanks Peter, wish I could spray thinner lines, I’ll have to practice. On holiday next week, trying to clear them before Christmas, so lots of bench time…..

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Thanks Gaz, I know I’d seen it somewhere……

thanks John, I’d probably do the North Africa scheme again……

thanks Peter, wish I could spray thinner lines, I’ll have to practice. On holiday next week, trying to clear them before Christmas, so lots of bench time…..

I have learned to not try either detail painting or highly controlled airbrushing after caffeine.  I get palpitations and can see my hands visibly shake.

• Like 3

The pre shading should be sufficient Phil, I found, that it does not count for that much, how thin or equally done the pre shading is (with the exception of WWI wing strut / canvas simulation shading, which should be fine and equal).
If you really want to improve it, you can do it multi tone, selecting different colors, like brown and blue, depending the surface color. this way, you can accentuate panels also, which makes a monochrome paintjob more interesting. It's not much more work, bud does improve the result a lot.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

To much glass on German aircraft, I hope this works………..

I wish you luck Phil, when I used Micro Mask, it always disappointed me, but I never used it on panes. The most annoying part was to get rid of it, as it adheres too strong, at least at detailed parts. Maybe it's of use on the glasshouse.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

1 hour ago, DocRob said:

I wish you luck Phil, when I used Micro Mask, it always disappointed me, but I never used it on panes. The most annoying part was to get 

I guess I’ll soon find out, I know what you mean,  for being so thin in does grip like hell. The only alternative was cut masks but that would have meant laying a scalpel on the canopies……..wish me luck

• Like 4