Fly MK IIC Hurricane re-do

JohnB

I built this kit a couple of years ago and never was very happy with the results. It's been sitting on the shelf gathering dust and getting broken so now I think I will re-do the markings, etc. I intend to do the Hurricane flown by Kuttlewascher of Number 1 Squadron in 1942 on night intruder ops. Not much work involved other than removing the chin scoop, adding the short scoop, making some repairs and doing the repaint, etc. I have the decals so that won't be a problem.:)

9-7-21 001.jpg

3-9 003.jpg

• Like 6

John

Way to go .. and a awesome way to make a save from the SOD.

Just a bit confused (nothing new) as the top image is not the same as the bottom image. Was the work done?

Going to be focused on this one :popcorn: if I didn't miss the party

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Way to go .. and a awesome way to make a save from the SOD.

Just a bit confused (nothing new) as the top image is not the same as the bottom image. Was the work done?

Going to be focused on this one :popcorn: if I didn't miss the party

Keep 'em comin

Peter

That is the old scheme Peter. The new one is in the 1st photo (black undersides).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Spitfire said:

Should look good, I remember doing that scheme on an old Revell kit a long time ago.

Cheers

Dennis

Should be a big improvement over the original scheme.. :)

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

How did you find the Fly Hurricane, you get differing view points?

Actually it was a PITA to build. All due to the poor fit of the cockpit assembly. Other than that not a big deal. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Fantastic progress - decaling looks painted on and looking so good. Glad you decided to do the re-do and show us, we can always go back and change/correct what needs to be done.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Coming along with the decals although I had to replace the serial numbers with some from my stash. The Techmod numbers were a bit over size. Not a big deal though. :)

• Like 3

I think it's great that you were able to re-do this model, and the photos show you did

it with great skill. I'll be returning to modeling soon and I hope to be doing a camouflage

Pattern on one of the models I'll be doing. What was the nozzle size on the airbrush

You used? I have an Iwata airbrush with a .3mm nozzle size will this work ok for Camouflage or do I need something smaller? I'm thinking of purchasing another

Iwata brush with a .2mm nozzle. The price on the Iwata brush I'm considering, I think, is 

pretty reasonable , but if what I have is ok I could save the money. Thanks; I would

Appreciate your input.

Paul.

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

I use a old Paasche H airbrush I've had for over 20 years or more. The nozzle # has rubbed off over the rears but all their nozzles are adjustable. The H brushes are sort of the "standard" brush but they also have a "F" which is a bit smaller and is for very fine work. However, I hardly ever use it and I get the wanted results from my "H". I don't know how much help this is but there it is. Good luck!!! :)

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Hi Paul,

I use a old Paasche H airbrush I've had for over 20 years or more. The nozzle # has rubbed off over the rears but all their nozzles are adjustable. The H brushes are sort of the "standard" brush but they also have a "F" which is a bit smaller and is for very fine work. However, I hardly ever use it and I get the wanted results from my "H". I don't know how much help this is but there it is. Good luck!!! :)

John

Thanks for your reply. That's pretty good work for an old Paasche!

• Like 2