Jump to content

Another Shelf of Doom rescue.


Recommended Posts

  • Administrators

I am absolutely NOT a helo guy, but these killer eggs are really fun little kits. 
I stopped work on it because I couldn’t figure out the bottom tabS on the sling seats  I think they need removing. No biggie, the seats are just sitting there

C7BDBACD-DA20-48D6-9B15-D3D920C6BA2C.jpeg

6F22A354-CC92-4979-BECB-637394FCFEF7.jpeg

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice killer egg there Ernie. They do look mean with their miniguns and rocket pods. 

28 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

I’m so weird when it comes to building. I’ll start a kit, then shelve it. Then, 2, 3, or even 4 years later it comes roaring back.  

Got you beat there. My Tamiya McLaren MP4/6 I started in 1993 is still in the stash. I work on it once in a while for a bit and then put it back. I have to figure out the tires as a couple have dry rotted. I'm thinking of just leaving them off one side and showing off the brakes. 

PXL_20210112_173834269-600x450.jpg

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Yeah, you don’t need to hide those brakes. Damn….

I never got into car models. I’d like to do an 1/8 or so antique motorcycle, but it would need to be something off the beaten path, like a Vincent Black Shadow or Lightning.  Or even an Ace, Indian, or Henderson 4.

Lord knows I’ll never own a real Vincent. Those things are selling north of $900,000 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
1 hour ago, Bill_S said:

I think we all have a kit or two that has languished on the SOD. Finishing some of those would be a great theme for a group build.

That WOULD be cool. Have i mentioned how much is hate helicopter builds.. LOL

They take up gobs of space, and 90% of the people alive know every nut and bolt on them, when I’m bleedin’ clueless. 😣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Got you beat there. My Tamiya McLaren MP4/6 I started in 1993 is still in the stash. I work on it once in a while for a bit and then put it back. I have to figure out the tires as a couple have dry rotted. I'm thinking of just leaving them off one side and showing off the brakes. 

Where is the dust Carl? :D The brakes cry for continuing with the McLaren. If it's 1/20, then Model Factory Hiro produces tires fitting to the different decades.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, you don’t need to hide those brakes. Damn….

I never got into car models. I’d like to do an 1/8 or so antique motorcycle, but it would need to be something off the beaten path, like a Vincent Black Shadow or Lightning.  Or even an Ace, Indian, or Henderson 4.

Lord knows I’ll never own a real Vincent. Those things are selling north of $900,000 

Ernie, Model Factory Hiro has some highly detailed 1/9 kits in their range. There is a Vincent too. They are pricey, but you can cancel the last three zeros from the real thing ;).

Cheers Rob 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

Yeah, you don’t need to hide those brakes. Damn….

I never got into car models. I’d like to do an 1/8 or so antique motorcycle, but it would need to be something off the beaten path, like a Vincent Black Shadow or Lightning.  Or even an Ace, Indian, or Henderson 4.

Lord knows I’ll never own a real Vincent. Those things are selling north of $900,000 

 

17 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Ernie, Model Factory Hiro has some highly detailed 1/9 kits in their range. There is a Vincent too. They are pricey, but you can cancel the last three zeros from the real thing ;).

Cheers Rob 

My friend Martin Field, who mastered for me a 1/32 Dragon Rapide kit - which I passed to release for a number of other life reasons - was working a few years ago on the master for a large scale (I think I remember 1/6, but may be wrong on this one) Vincent.

If the person who commissioned Martin was more diligent than me, then this kit must be available somewhere.

Btw, sadly, I learned that Martin died of cancer a few days ago.

Hubert

  • Like 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
5 hours ago, DocRob said:

Ernie, Model Factory Hiro has some highly detailed 1/9 kits in their range. There is a Vincent too. They are pricey, but you can cancel the last three zeros from the real thing ;).

Cheers Rob 

I saw their Brough Superior in 1/9. That’s another bucket list bike almost as unreachable as the Vincent. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

Where is the dust Carl? :D The brakes cry for continuing with the McLaren. If it's 1/20, then Model Factory Hiro produces tires fitting to the different decades.

Cheers Rob

Rob, it's the Tamiya 1/12 kit. I was hoping they would reissue the kit at some point so I could get replacements but that hasn't happened yet. MFH might make tires in that scale but I'm not sure. 

Carl

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Rob, it's the Tamiya 1/12 kit. I was hoping they would reissue the kit at some point so I could get replacements but that hasn't happened yet. MFH might make tires in that scale but I'm not sure.

Im waiting for this to happen too, but ordered the new release of the old 1/12 Brabham BT44 kit yesterday.

@Ernie, OT off, sorry :wub:.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...