SH P-39

JohnB

I've decided to build another one of the SH P-39's. The 1st step is to cut the fuselage where the "plug" will go. Then it's on to the build. I'm a little undecided as to which a/c it will be but I'd like to do Shomos' Snook's 2nd. I had the decals at one time but can't find them now so if any of you have 'em and don't plan to use 'em I'd sure like to get 'em. :)

9-14-21 001.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

You’re the master of this now……..going watch anyway…..:popcorn:

LOL Phil! :) The SH kit does have some shortcomings but it's still better than the KH kit.

• Like 4

Making some progress. The seat, guns and IP are from the KH kit. The seat belts are Fine Molds. I replaced the control stick with one from my spares stash. Remember to click on the photos for best resolution. :)

9-18-21 002.jpg

9-18-21 001.jpg

• Like 7

56 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice progress on your P-39 and the best part, you don't have to deal with a zillion part nose that doesn't fit.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter! Indeed! That HK kit is a bear and a large headache. I'll take the SH kit over it any day. :)

• Like 3

On 9/18/2021 at 2:21 PM, JohnB said:

Making some progress. The seat, guns and IP are from the KH kit. The seat belts are Fine Molds. I replaced the control stick with one from my spares stash. Remember to click on the photos for best resolution. :)

9-18-21 002.jpg

9-18-21 001.jpg

Maybe there is a difference between the D and Q models, but is the IP too far forward?