The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Tamiya 1/48 F-14A Tomcat

Peterpools

Sorry to say, for the next three or four months, all modeling projects are now on hold as Diane and I are getting ready for a major home renovation and there will be no space nor time for building until all the work has been completed. The contractors are having deliveries starting sometime this coming week and we have a lot of work to do.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year 
Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Sorry to say, for the next three or four months, all modeling projects are now on hold as Diane and I are getting ready for a major home renovation and there will be no space nor time for building until all the work has been completed. The contractors are having deliveries starting sometime this coming week and we have a lot of work to do.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

What a fun deal Peter! NOT!!! I hope all goes well and y'all are happy with the results.

• Like 2

Phil

Almost all the work is interior except for replacing a large double window in the master bedroom, new master bathroom, floors and painting throughout. Lots of other work will be done and we have been waiting so long to have the work done and then enjoy the house and finally retirement. The contractor has done a lot of work in our area so I feel confident all will go as planned, which it never does.

I’ll be on line with my PC and iPad so I’ll be able to keep up with the goings on.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 4

Sometimes, it has to be that way Peter, and it mustn't be bad modelling wise. a break can fire you up again and let you feel the love for the hobby more intense. I had some building projects here over the last year, which were exhausting, but rewarding too, because my wife and me, we realized the projects together and the results where very enrichening for our lives, like the new sea view terrace with adjoining room for meeting friends or having a barbecue for ourselves.
I wish you luck with your redo project, to get rid of all the accumulated weathering effects ;).

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

Rob

Thank You. You renovation projects sound wonderful and a sea view terrace - magnificent. 
Our renovations go from one end of the house to the other, nearly a complete make over and we will be living in the house and coordinating the work. The time required for the renovation will be somewhat longer for that reason alone, as we have chew choices due to medical conditions and of course Covid. But when done, it is going to seem as now live in a new home plus I am acquiring a brand new room for all my hobbies and needs.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 5

Thanks Kent

Getting ready to start with deliveries scheduled for this week and I wish we were already done. Almost like just sitting down in the dentist chair, looking at the clock for the hour procedure to start and the clock hardly moves.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

Phil

Long way from it but our home renovation is scheduled to begin tomorrow and the past few weeks we've been packing and moving a ton of stuff - I have no idea where it all comes from. I'm even getting a new and larger Hobby Room/Photo Studio with the reno but until all the renovation work is done, no modeling, just no time and no energy. Diane and I have been waiting years for this and it would have already been done if I wasn't diagnosed with cancer and everything had to be put on hold plus the covid pandemic and no one was allowed in the house. I'm healthy enough for the contractors to start (with approval from my doctors and of course, everyone has to social distance and wear masks) and the work will be done in a few phases, as we are still going to be living in the house. Please no comments on how you feel about social distancing, masks and the injections - I'm following doctors orders and I'm still here and doing well. 

We are both in our seventies and there is just so much we can do in a day to prepare, just don't have the energy of what I had in my sixties. Thank goodness, the contractor is doing a lot of extra work for us.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 5

On 12/31/2021 at 7:39 AM, Peterpools said:

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Hopefully we can keep you occupied with monitoring our modeling projects when you are not monitoring contractors!

Ryan

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kai

Thank you for checking in and seeing how we are doing with the renovation, which is moving along to plan but just taking a little longer for each phase, as we keep adding items that we want. Right now the first phase of the project is completed; a 100% new master bathroom and one of the bedrooms is now my studio/cave - new floors, completely painted and window treatments. Most of what was in my former studio/cave has been moved into my new room and I'm in the processes of finding new homes for everything. I ordered a set of paint shelves which should be here sometime next week depending on the monster snow storm we're consumed in right now.  

Right now, we're getting ready to start phase two: painting and flooring and that should take a good month or so. Then I'll be ready to hit my cave running and get back to modeling. One thing I hadn't thought about as being a cancer patient and in my mid seventies, my energy level and strength isn't what it once was and things now definitely take a lot longer to do.

We're getting there and it's now just time and energy so we are ready for the contractors to return.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 2

Harv

It's always something and Diane and I decided now was the time to do a complete reno; we made a list of everything we wanted done, hired a contractor who had to work to around my medical restrictions  (John has been great) and we were off and running. So far, it's taking longer for each phase but we keep adding things and of course, the cost goes up. our home but it's our last chance to to have everything the way we want.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1