The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Done - F-4EJ Kai Phantom - The Last of it's Kind ZM 1/48

DocRob

13 hours ago, kahunaminor said:

Very intense watching all the work that went into the paint and stencils. I do like the comment about F1 mechanics! You should be justifiably proud of adding this one to your cabinet.

Thank you Kent, with the Kai Phantom it was somewhat different to other builds, the construction to painting/masking/decaling ratio was well out of bounds, with pure building time taking between 10-20%.

12 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Awesome build of an awesome livery. 
I really like these colorful japanese Rhinos plastered with stencils.

This one has museum quality Rob!

Thank you Kai, I agree about the Japanese liveries, which are vivid and tasteful to my eye. The Kai Phantom will be a rare detour in your main field of action, jets. My next jet might be a ME-262 or maybe a bottle rocket like the Fly Natter. With these, I can read the stencils at least :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Beautiful Finish, Rob.  Coincidentally a fascistbook friend of mine completed one on the same day.

Thanks Gaz, but there can be only one 'last' Kai Phantom :D. Earnestly, I've seen some pictures of finished builds. It seems that these Japanese Phantoms are quite popular among modelers, given the short timeframe since their release.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3