The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Group Build Review - What would you like to see next?

Dave J

With most of the guys getting to the business end of the Revell Bf 109G-6 Review Build Off, we are starting to look at the next kit that could be next on the Build Off Review table... So what would you guys like to see us hit next? We would love to hear your suggestions!

Panzer Vor!!

no ... seriously, anything is good! ... I'm loving all the different simultaneous POV's on the Revell G-6 (I may even buy a second one - when I have finished current procurement targets!!)

I take it you guys will be building something newly released? ... Well ...

* Dragon has something out every other month week day so why not from them? ...

* Or the new Cyber Hobby Bf109E-7 ...

* Or you could go HPH 410?? (although not everyone has the same budget allowances that I do!) ...

* Or wait for the new Special Hobby Tempest (while a few of the Group Builds die down)?? ...

* Also ... Academy has a new Pz.35(t) out!!! ... and the in-box review looks ok!! (I'm due to get one of these on the next 'stash procurement list')

Just a few ideas ...

Rog :)

I could do a CyberHobby Emil or the Tamiya Birdcage....but I'd have to finish the Dora first. I only

work on one at a time. How do these types of GB's work? I had thought of this idea a few years back

but I figured the logistics would make it near impossible. That's assuming everybody follows the

same sequence...but I assume you guys don't do that right?

There's also the ZM Uhu :) I know Rog has it (what doesn't he have lol)

... There's also the ZM Uhu :) I know Rog has it (what doesn't he have lol) ...

ha ha ha :D ... I bit the bullet and got one while grabbing another ZM and Tamiya kit as presents for a friend on a forum - the postage was only incremental, so I thought, stuff it! ... upon opening the darned thing the other day, I immediately uttered an admiring expletive - and promptly ordered a Mustang and TA-152 (This one is the 'anime' version as the original is now discontinued and sold out!)... to answer your question I still don't have a Tamiya kit though - plus, theres a few Panzer & Luftwaffe variants still on the "spreadsheet-of-dreams" ... along with a bucketload of AM correction and detail sets!

There is that 'budget concern' I mentioned, when considering it for a GB for the experts, though! ... ZM kits are not on the cheaper side! ... and it's not exactly on the 'new-kit-out' list anymore - so fat chance of these guys scoring a 'review example' ... hell, we're already getting obscure hints as to their next release!! ... One things for sure - I be paying a lot closer attention to the next issue than previously!

Though I've got CH's new 109E-7 Trop, I'm going to kick and scream against another 109. I've somehow, despite being ambivalent toward the type, managed to build four of the bastards in 1/32. Need to do other things for some time...

lol :D ... P.109T.S.D - thats a new one! ... well - I have seen that you are good with armour - so maybe give that Acadamy Pz.35(t) a crack? ... whatever you experts decide I'll enjoy going along for the ride!!

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, how about a Meng Me 163B Komet Review Build-Off?

Could be followed by a Kawanishi N1K1J Shiden-Kai Review Build-Off.

To my eyes it looks as though the Komet doesn't really need aftermarket. Because of the strategy of Hasegawa to make an outstanding basis from which one can take it a step further it may be better to wait what the likes of Eduard are going to produce. For example; the BigEd for the Ki 84 Hayate is quite extensive and really takes thje base kit up a notch, while the plastic sure is already excellent!

Fair enough! Looking forward to them - whatever they are!

However, I know that Huub (a friend of mine who also reads here and posted the EuroMilitaire 2013 photos) has ordered one. For such a project I would like to do that too, as it seems to be a project one can oversee (if that's correct English...) So maybe there are some more contenders?