The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

P-39 Cobra II in progress

9 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

This looks great John!

Which yellow did you use? From which supplier? I‘m curious how it will look like with the gloss yellow! 

Thanks Kai. It's just Testor's flat yellow from their little .25 oz bottle. Same with the gloss yellow. I figure using flat yellow for a primer/base coat would work well. :)

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice decisions on both the flat and gloss yellows. Your creativity with paint and an air brush is exceptional.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. Just many years of experience. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So in the time it takes me to glue a couple wing flaps together, you've almost finished yet another build.

As always I'm impressed by your speed and quality of work John.  Great idea to prime with the flat yellow. I've always found yellow to be one of these paints that seems to be translucent. 

Carl

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

So in the time it takes me to glue a couple wing flaps together, you've almost finished yet another build.

As always I'm impressed by your speed and quality of work John.  Great idea to prime with the flat yellow. I've always found yellow to be one of these paints that seems to be translucent. 

Carl

Thanks Carl. I agree, yellow can be a problem. As it is I had to apply 2 coats of flat and 3 of gloss to get satisfactory coverage. 🙄

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

The gloss yellow look so good. I'll have to give your te4chnique of gloss over flat a try.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thank you Peter. It works with all of the lighter colors, white, light gray, etc. :)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John, going to give it a try when I can

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Easy peasy Peter. It just takes a lot of paint! LOL (I used up all my gloss yellow!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Troy M. said:

Wow, looks fantastic.  Love the orange.   Kidding!   Looking great John!  Yellow yellow and a little black!  

Thanks Troy. :) Decaling is complete so now I'm attaching the landing gear, etc. Should be done later today! 😀

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

John sublime finish and another almost complete…….

Thank you Phil. I hope to have it finished later today. Stay tuned! LOL :)

• Like 1