Jump to content

HK Lancaster with Iconicair Dambusters conversion


Recommended Posts

Thanks Gus! 

The border crossing took an hour between lining to get on the bridge and then waiting to go through customs. Plus I made a wrong turn at some point and we ended up driving through Chicago rather than around it. 

Carl

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Carl

Glad you were able to spend a week visiting family in Wisconsin, something that wasn't possible just a year ago.

Nice to see you back at the bench working on the Lancaster - the seat detail is truly amazing and no question that 3D AM details are changing the hobby.

I know how you feel having to drive through Chicago by error, as a few years back, my wife and I were driving home from a vacation in Maine on US 95, heading south towards Long Island and missed the exit for the by pass around Boston. We spent hours in heavy duty rush hour traffic and just missed getting into an accident from some nut who decided to change lanes without looking.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2022 at 2:23 AM, GazzaS said:

Tat seat is impressive!  Driving through Chicago...    a nightmare come true.

Thanks Gary!

When I realized the Chicago Skyline was getting bigger, my first thought was "So much for making good time". Lol

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/21/2022 at 5:37 AM, Peterpools said:

Carl

Glad you were able to spend a week visiting family in Wisconsin, something that wasn't possible just a year ago.

Nice to see you back at the bench working on the Lancaster - the seat detail is truly amazing and no question that 3D AM details are changing the hobby.

I know how you feel having to drive through Chicago by error, as a few years back, my wife and I were driving home from a vacation in Maine on US 95, heading south towards Long Island and missed the exit for the by pass around Boston. We spent hours in heavy duty rush hour traffic and just missed getting into an accident from some nut who decided to change lanes without looking.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Peter, 3D printing has definitely been a game changer. 

Toronto these days is perpetual gridlock so the traffic in Chicago felt like home. Which is funny as folks often compare Toronto to Chicago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I got some work done in the cockpit. I used the Eduard seatbelts for the pilot and radio operater. 

PXL_20220322_024911140.thumb.jpg.97f00f9975b0d11cd97c80435066bbae.jpg

PXL_20220322_214731026_MP.thumb.jpg.935591d4a14240eeb1cfaba25a61d603.jpg

I then added the navigator's seat and belts. 

PXL_20220323_012807229.thumb.jpg.c402fbfae94687e3aef3bad65a1f506b.jpg

Finally I added the navigator's table. 

PXL_20220323_022914099.thumb.jpg.05a9b2c1bbb5364bfc0550ac455c0c4f.jpg

The cockpit is starting to come together. 

Csrl

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Amazing detail with these printed parts. Your great painting reveals the quality of those parts. This pit is truly a kit in the kit and let me think again about getting the nose section without the redundant accessories :D.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, DocRob said:

Amazing detail with these printed parts. Your great painting reveals the quality of those parts. This pit is truly a kit in the kit and let me think again about getting the nose section without the redundant accessories :D.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob! I'm not doing much weathering ad the plane I'm modeling only flew a few times before being lost on the Dams raid. I will probably do more of that on my second Lanc when I get to it. 

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Looking good Carl, I’m still in two minds if to go for the HK Lanc in 32 or 48. The holy grail would be Borders Lanc but that’s not going to happen this side of nowhere……the IP looks stunning …..

Thanks Phil! Supposedly HK fixed a couple of the errors on the 1/32 kit when they did the 1/48 one. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I got some work done in the cockpit. I used the Eduard seatbelts for the pilot and radio operater. 

PXL_20220322_024911140.thumb.jpg.97f00f9975b0d11cd97c80435066bbae.jpg

PXL_20220322_214731026_MP.thumb.jpg.935591d4a14240eeb1cfaba25a61d603.jpg

I then added the navigator's seat and belts. 

PXL_20220323_012807229.thumb.jpg.c402fbfae94687e3aef3bad65a1f506b.jpg

Finally I added the navigator's table. 

PXL_20220323_022914099.thumb.jpg.05a9b2c1bbb5364bfc0550ac455c0c4f.jpg

The cockpit is starting to come together. 

Csrl

Great progress Carl. The woodgrain of the desk is amazing!

Will you add the yellow circle 🟡 to the front and back of the headrest? 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Enjoying your build Carl, spotted many mods that I also have carried out.

I'm hoping by reading your thread it may get me back to the bench . . . .

 

Carry on the good work

Ian 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/22/2022 at 10:38 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

I got some work done in the cockpit. I used the Eduard seatbelts for the pilot and radio operater. 

PXL_20220322_024911140.thumb.jpg.97f00f9975b0d11cd97c80435066bbae.jpg

PXL_20220322_214731026_MP.thumb.jpg.935591d4a14240eeb1cfaba25a61d603.jpg

I then added the navigator's seat and belts. 

PXL_20220323_012807229.thumb.jpg.c402fbfae94687e3aef3bad65a1f506b.jpg

Finally I added the navigator's table. 

PXL_20220323_022914099.thumb.jpg.05a9b2c1bbb5364bfc0550ac455c0c4f.jpg

The cockpit is starting to come together. 

Csrl

Carl

Front office is so nicely taking shape as the details being added.

 Keep 'em comin

Peter

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/23/2022 at 2:55 PM, Kaireckstadt said:

Great progress Carl. The woodgrain of the desk is amazing!

Will you add the yellow circle 🟡 to the front and back of the headrest? 

Thanks Kai! For the desk, unused Hasegawa's self adhesive wood finish. It's a very thin vinyl sticker that I cut to fit and applied. First time I tried I and it seems to have worked out ok .

PXL_20220325_190059508.thumb.jpg.e1e5ccaa80ae5e478ffbc61f40b78684.jpg

On 3/23/2022 at 2:57 PM, FME erk said:

Enjoying your build Carl, spotted many mods that I also have carried out.

I'm hoping by reading your thread it may get me back to the bench . . . .

 

Carry on the good work

Ian 

Thanks Ian! I actually followed many of the mods and corrections that you made on your build. Hope to see you back at it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 1:09 AM, GazzaS said:

is too clean to believe...   Where are the butts, twinkie wrappers, and Bud cans? 

 

Looks awesome!

 

I'm saving those for my B-17F when I get to it. Seems more appropriate to have a Twinkies wrapper there. :D

On 3/24/2022 at 1:37 AM, Wingco57 said:

These particular aircraft were newly delivered from the factory and had very few hours.

AJ-K had the fewest in-service hours of any of the planes that went on the Dams raid so definitely in a like new condition. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 2:13 AM, JeroenPeters said:

Lovely work so far. Enjoying your teaking and updating.

 

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Carl

Front office is so nicely taking shape as the details being added.

 Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Jeroen and Peter! I'm really enjoying my approach to this build. Nothing feels like a chore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More work on the cockpit. The IP, control stick and the controls by the pilot's seat have all been added. 

PXL_20220325_184525722.thumb.jpg.8333ca2b0ec24b83e0a0a81c4b62a064.jpg

PXL_20220325_184540341.thumb.jpg.7342341d6ec5ee926238ba3642806813.jpg

The navigator's position.

PXL_20220325_184547852.thumb.jpg.9cfc9401e316bdecc0cc1595bfc99f52.jpg

I've now attached the front section to the kid wing area above the bomb bay. Not much will be seen here so it's fairly basic and I've left it as such. 

PXL_20220325_191125492_MP.thumb.jpg.67d892a64db8e8e79b9f571754fafb7c.jpg

Lastly I've added one sidewall of the bomb bay. 

PXL_20220325_185626991.thumb.jpg.1086b8014da9290f99b63827dd5aff4c.jpg

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bill_S said:

Great work so far, Carl! I got the Dambuster conversion for mine as well. Are you aware Iconicair also makes a correct nose blister for the Dambuster?

http://www.iconicair.com/bombaimers/

Thanks Bill! 

I've got the corrected blister as well. I need to eventually get the bulged bomb bay doors for my other Lanc. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...