The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/48 GWH Mug-29 9-13. Maybe The Ghost of Kyiv. Каворкник

• Administrators

She’s on her gear, so now we do some dirtying up, although according to a certain LSM member who knows many people in the local area and happens to speak a version of the local dialect, the digital birds didn’t get real dirty.  They were painted, prepped, and were usually shot down after a short number of missions. 
But we do see light at the end of the tunnel here. 

9ABDD575-063A-4665-B9D5-5BB40D8AE034.jpeg

B5D40E86-FBFC-412A-A76D-6DCCE4F1FE0D.jpeg

E34E27ED-6481-43B2-A767-3759B2348D8F.jpeg

• Like 6

Very nice with the digital camo Ernie. I wonder, how the Mig will look weathered, the camo suggests cleanness somehow. Interesting to see the interrupted yellow lining on the Ukrainian coat of arms on the tail. Like with many Russian planes, they seem to use reusable masks for spraying them on.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

• Administrators
14 hours ago, DocRob said:

Very nice with the digital camo Ernie. I wonder, how the Mig will look weathered, the camo suggests cleanness somehow. Interesting to see the interrupted yellow lining on the Ukrainian coat of arms on the tail. Like with many Russian planes, they seem to use reusable masks for spraying them on.

Cheers Rob

Rob, I’m not even sure this digital scheme needs roundels. There are multiple versions of the various National insignia and fin emblem.  I saw a picture of one with the broken border, so I used that.  There are even smaller emblems used as well.  It’s pretty wide open, so I just chose the one I could surely authenticate. 

I DO need to dirty it up a bit, yet, and hang some missiles.  The nose seems a bit blunt as well.  Hmmm.  
I have the various pitot and static ports, static wicks, LERX, , canopy, etc to install yet, but we’re getting there.

The nose gear taxi light took a long ride somewhere out of my tweezers, so it’s looooong gone. I’ll need to hopeful.f find something that looks close enough to substitute. 

The build could have been done a month ago, but I threw my back out, so I’ve been laid up in dry dock…

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I’m kind of slow rolling this now, waiting for some oil paint smudging to dry.  Nothing big here, just some minor dirt and grime in the corners and coves, and a bit of a general overlay to remove the shine and harshness of the freshly applied digital camo.

02269EBB-5D9C-4253-B191-4F2C12320992.jpeg

6B3819F3-7CCD-440B-B349-9B0D81E613D9.jpeg

B4300E61-EF6B-465E-869A-366A10AA1B96.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...