The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

ICM 1/48 He-111 H-6 N.Africa campaign-Finnished

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2022 at 12:34 AM, KevinM said:

Just got it in last month with the CR-42 Falco from ICM.I have on hand the mask and Eduard pit for enhancements.Pics....:)

I also got this last Christmas after doing their Ju88 North Africa, really enjoyed it and I am a convert of ICM. Looking forward to the build…….the mask set would be an idea I think……

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

The pig(86)is complete and I can start on this one!The work tonight started in the bombbay and LG area and started moving forward to the copit been a joy thus far already started adding the PE.The colors for the interior looks to be RLM02 once most of the pit is glued and areas that need scraping for PE are completed will lay the paint then apply the colored PE.;)

He-111 001.JPG

He-111 002.JPG

• Like 5

A little more PE and some color seat and column are not glued.I will be moving into other areas of the plane for the build seeing I HAVE no seatbelts 1/72,1/32 and 1/24 no 1/48 coming viva SprueBrothers along with a Hase 1/32 George.

He-111 001.JPG

He-111 002.JPG

• Like 5

The belts are the way will be here Sunday.I have glued all the glass for the sides and built the rudder pedals area that was an interesting part but went together like clockwork come to expect that now from ICM becoming a big Fan!;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

This has been a time consuming build PE wise while only two small frets almost 100 piece count lotsa lotsa little boxes then orientation to the kit really having to trust Eduards sheet.I tried to crop and enlarge guys but they changed GIMP and have yet to get it to save the changes it is what it is.;)

He-111 005.JPG

He-111 003.JPG

He-111 008.JPG

• Like 7

Looking good. I have an ICM HE-111 lurking in the stash. I just need to knuckle down and start building again.

I will be using this thread as a reference for sure. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KevinM said:

This has been a time consuming build PE wise while only two small frets almost 100 piece count lotsa lotsa little boxes then orientation to the kit really having to trust Eduards sheet.I tried to crop and enlarge guys but they changed GIMP and have yet to get it to save the changes it is what it is.;)

Looking good Kevin. Eduard has their manuals on their homepage as PDF file. You can zoom in as much as you want with theese.

For example this is the link to their 'nose interior' set. There is an embedded link for the instruction sheet.

He 111H-6 nose interior 1/48 - Eduard Store

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long time since I posted last and I almost ditched the build but fought my way through.The first photo is for Phil he said he had one in the stash.I had to add filler because I messed up when inserting the copit assembly into the R/side of the fuselage and not notching the wing spars all the way snug,it throws everything out of alignment.I got the spare to move up some with lavish amount of liquid glue being applied and needle nose pliers but it was not enough.So,I had to whittle down the spar up front on the R/side some to get the wing to align with the fuselage gap up top R/S gap on the bottom L/S all's good now.I did the wings out of wonk to the instructions building them and adding the cowlings for the engine and the engine just does slide her way in Nice Frigg'in Fit it was!I think if I had paid more attention to those spares no filler live and learn keep that in mind Phil.;)

He-111 003.JPG

He-111 001.JPG

He-111 002.JPG

• Like 8

Kev

Nice progress and looking mighty good. Glad you didn't bin the kit. I looked at the instructions where circled but I didn't see where it noted to actually notch the wing spars. Am I missing something?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Am I missing something?

With the Fuse in hand Peter their are notches in the wing root area for the spares to lay into when I did the r/s I barley intersected the fuse w/spar and I must of checked the fit 10X it was perfect.I guess I was tired that night wanted to let the fuse sit overnight to dry and it did for days all's good now.;)

• Like 2

Kevin, thanks for the heads up. I’ll make a note of this and drop it into the box so that will remind me when I get to it. The build is coming on nicely and I’m looking forward to starting mine. Glad you retrieved the build looking forward to the next update……

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/12/2022 at 9:22 AM, KevinM said:

With the Fuse in hand Peter their are notches in the wing root area for the spares to lay into when I did the r/s I barley intersected the fuse w/spar and I must of checked the fit 10X it was perfect.I guess I was tired that night wanted to let the fuse sit overnight to dry and it did for days all's good now.;)

Kev

So glad it worked out and all is well now

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Thanks 1

This aspect of weathering is new to me but it looks like it might just work.I primed with Tamy 1200 and painted upper with Africa Sand 1942 MM and the lower RLM 78.I then panel lined with Italian Sand MM and blotted inside the panel a little on upper surfaces and kinda hard on the sides of the fuselage.The next clor was yellow zinc in the panels with some frosting overall not alot mainly tailplanes nothing is precise.The last color was white all upper surfaces first in the panels then a little more of a frost than the yellow.I will lay the Africa 1942 tomorrow night after work see you then.;)

I couldn't wait :lol: I might of been a bit heavy on the last coat we'll see after the gloss is laid more weathering to come on top.;)

On looking at the pics I think next time no panels maybe just the colors save a wash for the panels might allow the other colors to come through since you are not trying to cover the panel lines?

He-111 001.JPG

He-111 002.JPG

He-111 003.JPG

He-111 004.JPG

• Like 7

I like it a lot Kevin and I don't find it has too much contrast. With masks removed and decaling, the eye is more distracted and with a pronouncing weathering all will look good.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1