The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Czech Model F-80C up

For some reason I wanted to build another one of these even though it is a "HIGH CUSS FACTOR" build. Just a glutton for punishment I guess. LOL As you can see I've replaced some of the kit parts with nicely detailed True Detail parts which are much better than the kit parts although they do present some fit problems, especially the cockpit tub and the main wheel well assembly. I remembered to have my Dremel ready and a fresh blade in my Xacto knife, fresh putty and some fresh super glue ready to use! Since I had built one of these a few years ago I knew what to expect so it holds no surprises for me. Onward and upward as they say!

4-11-22 001.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice there. 

I've only built the T-33 version and have to agree that they're not a shake and bake kit. But I still enjoyed it. 

Carl

Coming along but not without some "bumps in the road". Even with all the headaches it does build up to be a good looking model. I think most of the problems come from using the after market resin cockpit and wheel wells. However, since I used the same after market stuff on my 1st build, I really don't know if there would be as many problems just using the crummy kit parts. You would still have the poor fit of the intakes to deal with  no matter. As for me, I'll willingly suffer the problems presented by the resin parts as opposed to using the corresponding kit parts. :)

• Like 6

On 4/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, JohnB said:

For some reason I wanted to build another one of these even though it is a "HIGH CUSS FACTOR" build. 

You got that right John.  Mine ended up in the dumpster.  :lol:

Jerry

On 4/11/2022 at 2:21 PM, JohnB said:

4-11-22 001.jpg

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, k5ikl said:

You got that right John.  Mine ended up in the dumpster.  :lol:

Jerry

This one has come very close to ending up in the trash bin too. I've put too much effort into it though to admit defeat so I'm still working on the SOB. I'm gonna beat this bas--rd into submission if it takes til next month! LOL 🤪

Here's a couple of shots for today. Using a length of elastic to raise the wings for some dehidral works for me. CA glue is a must for this build.

4-13-22 001.jpg

4-13-22 002.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Wingco57 said:

Looks great john. Forget the frustration and enjoy the modelling.🙂

Indeed. Most of the frustration is past now I think (fingers crossed). Thanks!!!:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think it will go well with my previous build of "Evil Eye Fleagle" done before the teeth markings were added. :) As a side note, I built that one BEFORE the decals were available. I used my laser printer to make my own. :)

1-copy 3.jpg

1 - Copy.jpg

1-copy 2.jpg

Beer City Special and Evel Eye Fleagle.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2