Miniart European Tramcar, with crew and passengers, in Ukrainian colors ... grime and rust is the new pink ...

Well, I think I can call the undercart done, painted, weathered and grimed...

Not so with the main floor, where I stalled my painting efforts pending regluing some parts which had gone unglued, and replacing at least one part which has chosen to pursue her life with the carpet monster rather than staying with the rest of the family ...

IMG_2664-600x450.jpg

IMG_2665-600x450.jpg

Using airbrushed MRP tire black, dope linen, red oxide primer, exhaust soot, plus some washes from AK, Mig and Tamiya, and finally some Molotov chrome, I think I pretty much nailed the look I wanted for the undercart, and feel pretty smug about it. Well, tell me what you think and if I can still do some things different.

I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

IMG_2670-600x450.jpg

IMG_2671-600x450.jpg IMG_2669-338x450.jpg

IMG_2667-600x450.jpg

Hubert

• Like 6

Hurbert

The undercarriage assemblies look so good; weathering is neat, to the point, yet shows the effects of a working Tram. Sorry to read that one part left home and is gone for good. Is it going to be a difficult part to scratch out and replace?

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Hurbert

The undercarriage assemblies look so good; weathering is neat, to the point, yet shows the effects of a working Tram. Sorry to read that one part left home and is gone for good. Is it going to be a difficult part to scratch out and replace?

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

Thank you Peter. No, the loss is more annoying than difficult to scratch a replacement …

Hubert

• Like 2

The chassis is looking great and very realistic to my eye. What I can't spot on the pics, are oil residues, which can be seen on every rail bound vehicle. I often add them to mechanical parts with a gloss finish in contrast to the duller parts.
The short wheelbase in relation to the long chassis looks interesting, clearly allowing to follow curved rails better.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DocRob said:

The chassis is looking great and very realistic to my eye. What I can't spot on the pics, are oil residues, which can be seen on every rail bound vehicle. I often add them to mechanical parts with a gloss finish in contrast to the duller parts.
The short wheelbase in relation to the long chassis looks interesting, clearly allowing to follow curved rails better.

Cheers Rob

It’s actually there, but I think I can enhance it more.  The blue background and the iPhone picture don’t go well together to show the nuances I see IRL. Still, I will take your advice and make the oil grime more visible.

Hubert

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...