The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW - WANTED new WINGNUTS

Fran

• Administrators

Getting the idea of PH-GEO, let`s put in this topic all the planes or subjects that we love to see in WnW kit!!

For me:

The HP 0/400

Fokker Dr 1

Felixstowe F.2A

AEG G.IV (It`s COMINGGGG)

Blackburn R.T.1 Kangaroo

and the big bang, the holy grail::

Zeppelin-Staaken R.VI

Albatros D.I

Albatros D.II

Albatros D.III

Albatros D.III OEFFAG

Albatros W.4

Albatros C.III

Halberstadt CL.II

Halberstadt CL.IV

Roland C.II Walfisch

Hansa Brandenburg W.12

Rumpler D.I

Dornier D.I

Junkers D.I

Pfalz E.I/E.II/E.IV

Pfalz D.III

Pfalz D.VIII

Friedrichshafen FF33

SiemensSchuckert D.III/D.IV

Fokker F.1/Dr.1

Fokker E.V/D.VIII

............................................................................. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

I really can't think of anything.... The Camel is being developed, right? I think I should start finishing them.... At the moment I'm Dave's replacement... His warehouse stock is slowly finding it's way to my adress. With some bleed-off to the Jeroen's, Jim, Umlaufmotor and AIR Modeller too, of course... nosmile.gif

There are a couple of British types that need to be done and my guess is since TVAL has'em, I think we will too: 1. BE2c and BE2e. There are more differences between the two sub-types than their wing plans as described in the data files.

The other British type I would hope to see is the Sopwith Strutter in both English and French variants and 1 and 2 place configurations.

French types that I would like to see are the Voisin 3 and the Breguet 14B2 and 14A2. If anyone has seen Harry Woodman's excellent build of the Hi Tech kit, you will appreciate that the 14B2 has a lot of complexity and can be built with bottom viewing shutters open.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The more I think about it, the one aircraft that I would love to see more than any would be a Friedrichshafen G.III.  I have read that the German bomber triad of 1917-1918 was, for the most part, the AEG G.IV for short-range, the Friedrichshafen G.III for medium-range and the Gotha G.IV/G.V for long-range attacks.  Well, we already have the Gotha G.IV. and the AEG G.IV is coming.  So, maybe WNW will bless us with the third part of the triad someday.  A bomber pilot can always dream!

• 3 weeks later...

The biggies I'd love WnW to do are:

Spad XIII

Sopwith Camel

Fokker Dr. I

Those three are the ones I grew up with having fond memories (and frustration) with the 1/28 Revell kits of the same make.  If these three were to get the WnW treatment, I'd be sliding everything off the desk to build at least five of the Dr. I's, two Camels and probably three or four Spad XIII's.  I know that at least two of the three are already available as 1/32 kits but in one case I'm not keen at hacking and slashing plastic to make parts fit ( I usually end up hacking and slashing fingertips) and another is getting hard to find at a decent price.