The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Infinity Models SB2C up

John

Agreed about the IP, really does make no sense. I could buy it if they included masks for the gauges and dials bit it's still a lot of extra work.

Yup, I have a Whirlwind in the stash as well and looking forward to building it down the road.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Agreed about the IP, really does make no sense. I could buy it if they included masks for the gauges and dials bit it's still a lot of extra work.

Yup, I have a Whirlwind in the stash as well and looking forward to building it down the road.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Maybe we could start a group build on the Whirlwind LOL!!! Just kidding!!!!!!! 🤣

• Like 3

I was looking at the RESIN@detail 1/32 Helldiver cockpit set and I was wondering if any of you have ever used it or even have it? How about some input? :) $49.95 & free shipping looks workable, etc.

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

wish I could help out but I've never used any of the RESKit 3D detail parts, so I don't have a clue - but I have to say, they do look exceptionally detailed and well done.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Agreed Peter. The instrument panel in particular looks much better than the kit one which hardly resembles the real thing. I'm considering ordering one of these but hate to put out nearly $50 for more "stuff" for this kit.

• Like 2

No specific experience on this set, John, but a VERY positive one on their Saab J-29 detail sets. Plus an outstanding customer service. In short, I am now sold and a fan of Resin2detail !

Hubert

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, HubertB said:

No specific experience on this set, John, but a VERY positive one on their Saab J-29 detail sets. Plus an outstanding customer service. In short, I aam now sold and a fan of Resin2detail !

Hubert

Thanks Hubert! I found a Helldiver pilots seat w/belts by them on ebay a few minutes ago and ordered it. We'll see how that works out before I bite for the full set. :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Resin2Detail is very impressive stuff. I've got their Lancaster seats and the detail is incredible. 

That's good to know Carl, thanks. I look forward to receiving the Helldiver seat. Looks like it'll be a good addition to the model.

• Like 2

Finally have the instrument panel done. It's not exactly like the real thing but I'll settle for it. :) I used Airscale instruments as the kit supplied items were next to worthless.

6-5-22 002.jpg

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Super good looking IP and easily the right choice. What a shame, Infinity's IP was useless and for what the kit costs, that's unexceptable.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

Thanks Peter. I just wonder at this point what else is "inaccurate". So far all looks okay though. :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

That's a very nice IP there John and like Peter said, too bad you had to resort to AM to do it. 

Carl

Thank you Carl. We do what we have to do sometimes. LOL :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

No question, you'll find out soon enough 😉

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Been doing some test fitting and, as Andy mentioned, the bulkheads needed trimming for the fuselage halves to go together satisfactorily.  No sweat now but could have been a problem if I had all the parts in place, etc. Thanks Andy! :)

John

What a shame, Infinity should have upped their game on the kit and not stripped it so they could offer the details as AM sets. I'm hoping the DH Vampires that are soon to be released are much more detailed straight out of the box..

My money is riding on you that you'll bring the Helldiver way past the standard of what it should have been.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

What a shame, Infinity should have upped their game on the kit and not stripped it so they could offer the details as AM sets. I'm hoping the DH Vampires that are soon to be released are much more detailed straight out of the box..

My money is riding on you that you'll bring the Helldiver way past the standard of what it should have been.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

I look at the cockpit and it just doesn't look "right". Maybe it's just me but I think it needs something. Maybe I should have ordered the RESIN2scale complete set but I just didn't want to fork out $50. I expect when the seat gets here it'll add a lot to the "look" (fingers crossed). 😉

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JohnB said:

Test fitting the cockpit.

6-7-22 001.jpg

Very nice indeed John, I would suggest gluing the engine firewall and the rear turtle deck in place and use those two references for getting the fuselage halves to close before going to much further. There is an awful lot of trimming and adjustments needed to get things to close up. 

Regards. Andy 

• Like 4