Jump to content

Infinity Models SB2C up


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Peterpools said:

John

'A thing of beauty'. Just hard to believe a kit can have so much that is poorly molded, fit issues galore and it just never seems to end.

John, you have nerves of steel and I'm betting a 40ft trailer had to show up in the last few days with cases of new 'cuss factors'.  I could never, ever have gotten as far as you have and mine would have been long ago donated to the recycle plastic bin that goes out on Wednesdays.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

 

Peter, it is the build from hell as there is actually nothing that fits nicely and the clean up required for each part is pretty soul destroying to be honest. I'd take s nice early 70's Tamiya kit any day over this one!

John, you really are doing an amazing job and I salute you!

Regards. Andy 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

'A thing of beauty'. Just hard to believe a kit can have so much that is poorly molded, fit issues galore and it just never seems to end.

John, you have nerves of steel and I'm betting a 40ft trailer had to show up in the last few days with cases of new 'cuss factors'.  I could never, ever have gotten as far as you have and mine would have been long ago donated to the recycle plastic bin that goes out on Wednesdays.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

 

Thank goodness for CA glue and Zip Kicker. 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, monnthebiff said:

Now that really sucks John and a hard-core rework needed to get the fit!

Regards. Andy 

Not pretty but at least now it "fits".

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, monnthebiff said:

Peter, it is the build from hell as there is actually nothing that fits nicely and the clean up required for each part is pretty soul destroying to be honest. I'd take s nice early 70's Tamiya kit any day over this one!

John, you really are doing an amazing job and I salute you!

Regards. Andy 

Thank you Andy, I appreciate the kind comment. :)

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

You will never cuss another Trumpeter kit now…….or perhaps you will…..

LOL Phil! Making no promises but certainly not as much cussing as this monstrosity. 🤪

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Amazing work - I'm glad you're winning the war and hopefully the Helldiver will go down the line quietly from here on in. 🤞

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. This one has been a struggle from day one and continues to be so for the most part. Next I will attach the underwing rocket stubs and bomb racks before (can you believe it!!!) PAINTING the GSB.  After that I'll attach the landing gear but the gear doors have no locating points as a guide. And of course the instructions are vague and no help at all. 🤪 I plan to use the plastic kit flaps for now and MAY get around to the PE ones later. I'm just not up for that additional hassle right now. 😄

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Good call. Just finish this beast and let the PE flaps slide until another day down the road.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

LOL That's the plan for now. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

The A Team: "Just Love it when a plan comes together" 

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Indeed Peter. The issue was in doubt a couple of times though!!! 🤪

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Installing the rear glass and life raft cylinder. I found it to be too long. It needed to be shortened so it wouldn't hit the forward bulkhead and jut out into the gunners compartment.  Just another thing to "fix" (at least it's a easy fix).

6-18-22 001.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Installed. (The broken glass piece was already broken when I got the kit. I'll do some work on cleaning that up but it won't be too visible when the sliding portion is in place.)

6-18-22 B 001.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JohnB said:

Installing the rear glass and life raft cylinder. I found it to be too long. It needed to be shortened so it wouldn't hit the forward bulkhead and jut out into the gunners compartment.  Just another thing to "fix" (at least it's a easy fix).

6-18-22 001.jpg

Now that is disappointing,  something so simple...

Regards. Andy 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, monnthebiff said:

Now that is disappointing,  something so simple...

Regards. Andy 

Yes, you'd think they would have been able to get that little thing right. 🙄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, JohnB said:

Installed. (The broken glass piece was already broken when I got the kit. I'll do some work on cleaning that up but it won't be too visible when the sliding portion is in place.)

6-18-22 B 001.jpg

John

It just doesn't stop. No question, this has to be the kit from hell!

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

GSB is looking mighty good and running out of paint, what else would you expect?

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. I'm a big fan of GSB and I'm sure this beast will look good in that color. I'll go re-fill the paint cup in a bit and continue with the painting. I expect to have all the GSB done today. :)Then I can attach the wheels and embark on the wheel covers which look to have a pretty high cuss-factor since there are no locating pins or attachment points and the instructions are very vague. Typical!!!🤪

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...