The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter P-51 "American Beauty"-Finished

28 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Same with Floquil

Still got about 20 or so bottles no silver but yea Ernie excellent paints and last forever like the old Humbrol.;)

As far as the SNJ's Ernie go steal from the crime lab at you local PD from what I understand it's what they use for fingerprints.;)

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Hard to come by anymore..........https://ipmsusa.org/reviews/Products/snj_starter_kit/snj_starter_kit.htm

Now what I am using is the powder in a small jar up front.;)

snjcolors.jpg

Interesting.  I don't believe I have ever heard of them before.   Ahh well.  No point in getting too interested.  Since They are hard to get already.  My 35 year hiatus from modelling has left me underinformed.

• Like 3

Well Guys talk about a load of crap come the decals the decal placement by guide is wrong the box art is correct :wtf:It's going to look nice and pretty but not accurate by any frigg'in means F@#%'in Trumpter:hsmack:.I had to go and recheck against the "Flying Dutchman" I just keep going :wtf:I will post more on Wednesday with some pics and explanations if I can type that long:brickwall:

Ernie is there room for company in your corner?:wtf:

• Like 4

Their are issues with the decals most will not notice some areas like the "Flying Dutchman" I should of opted for painting?I call it a conspiracy by Trumpter:P but she will look the part.I may explain the issues if my fingers can type that long one you see with the WW door!:unsure:

P-51 002.JPG

P-51 005.JPG

1664449428_P-51006.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• KevinM changed the title to Trumpeter P-51 "American Beauty"-Finished
1 hour ago, JohnB said:

Well done

Thks John just trying to find some more mojo ATTM.I was looking through the better part of 250/300 unbuilts and kept thinking finish some others(started)?So that may be the case had to do that a while back.;)

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KevinM said:

Thks John just trying to find some more mojo ATTM.I was looking through the better part of 250/300 unbuilts and kept thinking finish some others(started)?So that may be the case had to do that a while back.;)

I know what you mean Kevin. I have a couple hundred unbuilt also and usually have a hard time deciding on "what's next". 🤪

• Like 3