Infinity Models SB2C-4 Helldiver.

Ernie, I LOVE what you did with the seat belts, such a refreshing change from the perfectly crossed ( airline passenger style ) lap belts that EVERYONE does, I have seen a lot of operational aircraft and have never seen lap belts always so neatly crossed on the seats, your rendition is much, much more realistic... they look spot on !

• Like 2

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Ernie, I LOVE what you did with the seat belts, such a refreshing change from the perfectly crossed ( airline passenger style ) lap belts that EVERYONE does, I have seen a lot of operational aircraft and have never seen lap belts always so neatly crossed on the seats, your rendition is much, much more realistic... they look spot on !

100% agree, Jeff, and thanks!  I try to achieve the haphazard look on every build, but it’s not always successful.

However, I can’t take credit on this one because the seat is the Resin2Detail seat with the belts already molded in place. 

• Like 4

• Administrators

On and upward.   Plenty of fitting, sanding, and lots more fitting.  This fuselage is cut almost into pieces. 
But, we slowly make progress. The only thing secured in place are the cockpit sidewalls and the cockpit bulkhead. One piece at a time, we hopefully will get there, without goobering up the entire thing. 
And then, thank you Airscale for your amazing 1/32 WW2 Navy and Marines instrument decals. 
Some placards should liven it right up….

718BCA1B-2C86-4767-BE2D-5504D05FFFF1.jpeg

AAE4CD2C-F983-48D4-89A5-782C130A9C23.jpeg

DA205B7F-8815-4D53-A41C-A938FEBB5BA8.jpeg

8024904E-6B62-42CD-BB07-47D7DFCEF8D4.jpeg

7E8167C5-BD3C-4D00-BFD4-70EB6BC03CA6.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators

The fit of some of the parts in quite, ummmm,… vague.  Add to that the the butchery of the fuselage, and there is a fair bit of creative scratchbuilding needed here. 
The fit of this bulkhead is, what I like to call a “good humor suggestion”.  As in I find myself glancing around to see if Im on Candid Camera. 
So I think it will be easier and quicker to simply make a new bulkhead out of card stock and go from there. 
Not that I’m surprised. This IS a SHORT RUN kit, and it is advertised as such. I’m convinced an absolutely stunning Helldiver can be created here, but it’s going to be a bit of work.  This is the kind of kit I truly enjoy.  I actually get bored with the almost snap title Tamiya kits, as my one and only Corsair can testify. It still sits, forlornly waiting for my love. I really should finish it, as the hood stuff is waiting; the finishing. 

84EC9D72-6649-4AE3-AB23-69A1FA849383.jpeg

D07CDE16-18E0-4B5E-BD2B-4CF4C194201B.jpeg

39E1208C-6445-4926-AB7F-1800675816A9.jpeg

• Like 4

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Some impressive work there Ernie. 

The paint on the Corsair is different too. Is it one of those half and half rebuilds that occasionally showed like Little Miss Mischief?

The Corsair is destined to be a very early Bitdcage with badly beat paint. It will still have the earlier blue and grey scheme, two color, not three. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1