The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nose surgery for a Trumpeter P-51B

57 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Even doing a kit bash nose job like this your work is not only impeccable but fast. 

Carl

Thank you Carl. It looks to be coming along okay now (knock on wood!). :) I think the Revell nose will be a even better subject to use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

I take it John you have some decals? That's a pretty crate!Had to look it up.......

44-10947_8144_ce1.jpg

Yes I do have some decals. Deacon Hively's a/c, 4th FG. OD/Gray w/invasion stripes. Taken from a old Aeromaster sheet, re-scaled to 1/32 and printed out on my laser printer. :)

Hively.jpg

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Good call... the nose looks like a perfect fit and a much better choice then the Tamiya nose.

Nice choice for the markings as well.

Thanks Peter. The Revell nose is much better in several ways. The plastic is not nearly as thin and flexible as the Tamiya which is a big help in checking fit, etc. Seemed the Tamiya parts were always moving out of place when I was handling the kit and trying to get everything sorted out. Another thing is there's no need for the engine to be mounted which is a big help also. Just all around mo betta! :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

It's a good feeling when things fall together rather then fighting an uphill battle.

Yes it is Peter. Still a ways to go on this one but I think I see a light at the end of the tunnel. :)