The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW Sopwith Pup RNAS - "Betty"

Moses Prahn

• 3 weeks later...

And, rigging is done! Took a touch longer than anticipated, but was able to get the last line glued in place just a few minutes ago. I will get her out to the photo table for some real shots, but in the meantime, here is an in progress shot as well as a look at the rigging wrapped up. Still have a couple of things left to do to be able to call the Pup officially completed, but this is about as near to the home stretch as it gets!

I prepped the top wing with all of the rigging lines that attached into the bottom wing. For the lines starting from an anchor point on the bottom wing that I used turnbuckles on, I secured one end in the bottom line, and then left some slack to work with and ran the line through the micro tube, then the anchor, back through the micro tube, without gluing in place. With the extra line I was able to line everything up, and secure the anchor into the top wing right before I glued the top wing in place. this allowed me to simply pull tight, glue and snip the excess line. Saved a ton of time, and allowed me to avoid having to work in the tight quarters between the wings!

FA669B06-952B-4BE6-8DC5-C258027F427E.jpg

A couple of the scrap pieces are still lying on the mat, which are a little distracting. I am pleased with it!

2E10F14B-89FA-4D0F-82DA-E8B4C79760F5.jpg

2265886B-0815-4547-A83B-E7AA7D816A8E.jpg

560EA816-F78E-4FAB-8097-45A09CE864EA.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally calling the betty done! I may make a handful of touch-ups down the road, but for now, she is ready for display. Once the rigging was on I made my final adjustments to the rigging, and put the prop on. Not sure if I am going to secure it with glue - as it is a solid fit as is, and may be handy to be able to remove if I ever need to get past it to make any adjustments, or heaven forbid - repairs. I am posting a coupld of pics here, and the full suite will be in the completed builds section.

Hope you have enjoyed this adventure with me. For a build that had many, many firsts for me as a modeler, I am very happy with the way this turned out. There were a ton of lessons learned along the way, and the next WnW kit will be eagerly anticipated.

DSC_3825.jpg

DSC_3812.jpg

DSC_3802.jpg

DSC_3801.jpg