The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Me109 G-14 AS possible from Revell G-6 kit?

nmayhew

The short answer is "no" Nick,

Not without major surgery. The Hasegawa G-14/AS boxing will get you closer, but still needs modification to the rear spine, under-cowl bulges and some minor re-scribing. If you're not in a hurry, the better option may be to wait for Revell to release a dedicated version from their G-6 moulds.

S

• Like 1

Boooo

:)

Fair enough, and thank you

However, let's put it another way: if one was *theoretically* happy with the Hassy G-14 boxing (thinking of the Hartmann whitewash box art), is the Revell kit of a similar level?

I am guessing it's on a par ie 'looks like' but quite a few detail issues; the spine shape I am not so sure about - is the Hassy one ok on this?

Anyway, thanks again

I think I will wait

• Members

Boooo

However, let's put it another way: if one was *theoretically* happy with the Hassy G-14 boxing (thinking of the Hartmann whitewash box art), is the Revell kit of a similar level?

I am guessing it's on a par ie 'looks like' but quite a few detail issues; the spine shape I am not so sure about - is the Hassy one ok on this?

Anyway, thanks again

I think I will wait

Nick,

I think the finished products will come out looking pretty similar to each other, dependent oh how much A/M you want to invest in.  Replacement Beule are mandatory on the Revell kit.  I had some in the spares box, if you don't then you're looking at having to purchase the Alley Cat set or wait for someone else to do them.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Hasegawa G-14 and a replacement spinner, it will look very much the part and go together with minimal fuss and muss.

The Hasegawa 109G-14 kit is not a G14AS. If you like the Hasegawa 109G-10 rear spine you could use that kit provided you had a set of small wheel bulges to make 14AS . Of course if it takes a while for you to finish, Revell will probably release a 14AS.

Mike Horina

• Like 1

Boooo

Anyway, thanks again

I think I will wait

If you are wanting to build Eric Hartmanns Bf109 in winter wash  Consider this, the Hartmann winter wash Bf109 has been questioned whether its a G6 or G14.  There are no clear photos that identify G6 or G14.  A log entry 4 Feb 1945 indicates Hartmann is flying a G6.  You know these guys did lots of field modifications, especially during the last few months of the war. 

Hartmann G6, February 1945

If you want to do a Hartmann winter wash I truly feel you will be accurate with a G6.

Nick

If you're talking about 'Yellow 11', then the Revell kit is perfect... Has all the correct ports in the right places. Just need to fill a couple and move the port cockpit air vent. A2Zee set has everything that you'll need to do it up...

Here she is:

12331177925_751fc4a00f_o.jpg

Matt

• Like 1