Welcome to Large Scale Modeller: The home of the large scale military model builder. 

Sign in to follow this  
BradG

Hasegawa 1/32 Israeli P-51D

I had this kit laying in the stash for years. Dad bought it at a swap and sell for the drop tanks and then gave it to me, but it was missing the spinner. Fortunately Wumm was able to send me a replacement and Iain sent me some decals for Israeli Mustangs he wasn't going to use which probably saved it from being turfed into the bin (because I don't normally build older kits). I scribed some surface detail including dzus fasteners and knocked back all the raised rivets and panel lines. I did consider putting a resin cockpit in, but for the price, it just wasn't worth it. It's not a bad older model and although being surpassed by the Tamiya offering, if you're on a budget you can generally pick this kit up for 20 bucks at a swap and sell. As for white 19, it was shot down by ground fire over the Sinai peninsula in October 1956.

P1010007_zps635f1e2c.jpg

P1010010_zps7e23e285.jpg

P1010015_zpse3f77a75.jpg

P1010013_zps190c8fc3.jpg

P1010011_zpsdc0f4318.jpg

P1010019_zps4ce06f43.jpg

P1010014_zpse8d01f2c.jpg

P1010009_zpsbaf06e12.jpg

• Like 2

Great work Brad! Really nice build.   Nice paintwork. 

Agreed.. it's not a bad older kit.