Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dave J

Soo.... What did you just get???

1,137 posts in this topic

Thanks Steve

Although, looking through the box, I'm going to have to email him a bunch of questions and for some directions as my skill set leaves me unsure on how to proceed with a lot of it.

Rog :)

It goes without saying,

Happy to help with advice should you need it with the G-6 kit.

S

It goes without saying,

Happy to help with advice should you need it with the G-6 kit.

S

I may actually take you up on that at some point ... I have a couple of questions I'll need to ask John first - mainly about his kit bits ... it appears (according to instructions) that I'm going to have to scratch a couple items for the conversion ...

Rog :)

Just had the postie drop by with these goodies for the HKM Mosquito:

BE4A9991-BC94-47C5-AA1F-55B495D3D39A_zps

Gotta be happy with that!

Its a very nice set, I think you'll enjoy it.

Okies ...

Time for another post smile.png

First up ... something I've been chasing for quite some time ... not LSPs ... but my favourite Sensha-Do team from Oorai - Team Anglerfish!!

Max Factory posable figurines ... about 1/12 scale ... I've got their 1/12 Panzer IV.D on backorder as well - due end of October!

Miho Nishizumi (Commander and school captain), Yukari Akiyama (Loader) , Saori Takabe (Radio Operator), Hana Isuzu (Gunner) and Mako Reizei (Driver)

IMG_0959_zpslwfkqcwy.jpg

IMG_0960_zpshvqkgx9w.jpg

Next is the new Zoukei-Mura SWS Ta.152H-0 ...

IMG_0961_zpsohg8akfs.jpg

Been looking for another 1/24 Trumpeter Hurricane for a while (I have the Mk.I) ... but only for a decent price! ... and thanks to a fellow LSP'er ...

IMG_0963_zpsscceitob.jpg

... and because it came in a package deal ... and you can never have enough Spitfires, 109's or 190's on the shelf ...

IMG_0962_zpsxr4o7iwf.jpg

I already have one of these ... but because it was the same price as the package deal and a fellow LSP'er is going to need one for a Bf.110G-4 conversion due out in the not too distant future ... I thought it would make a nice gift!!

IMG_0964_zpskbjrfxai.jpg

*** EDIT *** ... I didn't include this at the time because ... 1) I didn't order it - I thought it was a mistaken inclusion and 2) I thought I'd have to return it ... after all, modern jets just aren't my subject!

IMG_0965_zpsniaydnxm.jpg

BUT ... after a PM exchanged with the original owner ... it turns out that the box was just protection (and camouflage!!) for this!!

IMG_0966_zps2yqtakqw.jpg

More later ...

Rog smile.png

Colin, Pardelhas and Verbeek like this

Well after completing my D-13 build, I am beginning to see a D-11 build somewhere in my future.  Very nice set produced by Montex, resin castings are excellent.

IMG_0321_zpsdo6y15iy.jpg

Colin and Verbeek like this

Birthday present to me. Been saving for almost 3 years side change and crv (recycling aluminum cans) money. Was working an elementary school when I started this adventure so a little "trash diggin'' paid off.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Verbeek and Iceman like this

Raffle Prize at the Hobby Expo!

20150827_100637_resized_zpsyl0o0yt8.jpg

It's new, it's Tamiya, it was free!- can't go wrong with that.

The new Panther D looks like a top kit too. After perusing one in the flesh I'll have to give in before long.....Only thing that's still being questioned at the moment are the odd rear engine deck cooling grills....One spiral, one straight? weird. The big "T'" must have got information from somewhere....

But, it's Tamiya. Would buy one in a blink.

Regards,

Dan M

Birthday present to me. Been saving for almost 3 years side change and crv (recycling aluminum cans) money. Was working an elementary school when I started this adventure so a little "trash diggin'' paid off.

IMG_0604.jpg

IMG_0605.jpg

Congrats! Best AB out there in my opinion - I've got one that I scored gently used, and it's my go-to for a lot more of my work than I'd care to admit!

UPS dropped this off today, along with a few needed supplies. 

IMG_20150826_185255-X3.jpg

I've only had a chance to glance in the box - but DANG. The surface detail on this one is gorgeous. On par, and quite possibly better than, KH's OV-10 Bronco. Really, really glad I dumped those Special Hobby P-39s now. If this one builds half as good as it looks, it's a winner.

Artful69 and Verbeek like this

Still not much modelling for me.
To much back pain.
I just can sit a little, but I have to sit with my back right up.
So, great for reading some great books who I just have buy.
Here the reading corner and the new books

IMG_20150827_130301_zpsmny9d3ue.jpg

IMG_20150827_130423_zpsklyb6ezy.jpg

wackyracer likes this

I built the Special Hobby's one so they would come out with this for you. ^_^ 

They're definitely two different kits...and the Kitty Hawk is a LOT fussier in terms of parts count and layout. 

Had a chance to look through it last night in more detail, and a few things stood out. First, it's got rivets on the cockpit doors which are nowhere as fine as the ones on the wings/fuselage. Almost like the gun doors on Trumpeter's P-47, but not as bad. But the P-39 didn't have rivets on the doors so it's a simple fill job.

Second, it's got a LOT of open panels. Some should be pretty easy to leave closed, but others won't be unless the thing fits to Tamiya standards. So this one might be one where it's just best to build the thing cracked wide open. Fortunately the detail within is pretty dang nice.

Third, a lot of the open panel options cross right over where national insignias go, but there aren't any pre-cut provisions for the decals, so if going that route it'll be a lot of fun to place-and-slice, and I guess hope that the open panels can at least be placed and taped to facilitate that. 

Aftermarket-wise, I think the biggest adds would be 1) fabric seatbelts, 2) tires and 3) guns. But to be honest I haven't look at the guns in detail - just making assumptions there.

​Usually, but not always. Once I started using metal after market barrels, especially ones for AFV type kits, kit supplied ones never measured up.

I knew this would happen.  I've been wanting to build the 39 for eons and finally started it and opening up things while scratch building and WHAM!  New kit! LOL

Oh well learning and having fun with the Special Hobbies /Revell kit anyway.

Thank for sharing!

Was in Akihabara for the first time in several months so I did a little damage:

• 1/32 Hasegawa Fw 190A-5/U7, special edition with Hermann Graf figure and resin supercharger intakes for the cowl
  • 1/35 Tamiya Panther G, Late Production
  • 1/35 Tamiya Sd.Kffz 234/2 Puma, (updated kit with PE)
  • Mr. Color US Aircraft interior Color Set
  • Gaia late war German AFV Color Set
  • 1/32 Z-M Pliot and Ground Crew Set (2 pilots, 1 mechanic)
  • Kabuki Tape

DSC01651_zpse9pqzrmo.jpg

Well after completing my D-13 build, I am beginning to see a D-11 build somewhere in my future.  Very nice set produced by Montex, resin castings are excellent.

IMG_0321_zpsdo6y15iy.jpg

Hope your castings are better than the three I purchased.  All three suffered from massive shrinkage and nothing fit.  I'm working on my own D-11 parts to use on my build.

This one was delivered this afternoon. Great, because the pilots will convert to the bomber version! Plus I'll see if I can make castings of the throttle assembly, reel antenna winch and the radio set to use in the HK kit.

DSC01521.jpg

Verbeek and wackyracer like this