The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Hey oz,

i paid €122 taxes and shipping included. They have cheaper kits and more costly kits. I wish i could afford all of them. For the moment i just look at the boxes i own, i don't dare to start one, yet. :D 

Grtz free

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Just ordered these two beauty's from WETA. Expected delivery date 25/05/2017.

cJmzRxJh.jpg

wamHvxMh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Finally.......i got one......:punk: 

For a long time now, i've searched for a HGU-26/P  jet pilot helmet  in white color complete with MBU-5/P oxygen mask. It's not easy to find a nice example of this 60's-70's era head gear, so i kept searching for one. Now, a good friend of mine had a very splendid bone dome almost in a new state. A few years ago i asked him if he wanted to sell this helmet to me, but he had difficulty's to get distance of it, which i understand completely. Today i got great news from him that he was ready to sell, so i jumped in my car and drove to him and bought the head gear set for a more then reasonable price.

So, this is it :

L4g5hGPh.jpg

HwWr0P7h.jpg

NBvmI3Vh.jpg

My TAMA HGU-55/P will have company now with his predecessor.

qPNVn1zh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Got these from my wife and kids for the big 'five-oh' a few weeks back but it's taken a bit of time to get things organised. In the middle of house renovations so time to do anything non-essential is at a premium, so work has basically ceased on the F-16.

DSCF4179.thumb.JPG.3e61bdca1a4ad476b801aa63ee0f8e2c.JPGDSCF4184.thumb.JPG.04ae1acf3210df9c685bc30dd86805d5.JPG

Cabinet is the Malsjo from Ikea which went together very nicely and sits well with the other furniture in the spare bedroom. One problem with building 1/32 modern jets is that they're generally huuuge, so the Detolf is just no use and we had to go for this one. The F-15 and Mig-23 are in there but there's plenty of spare space - at my current rate of building I might fill it before I'm 60!

DSCF4181.thumb.JPG.b95272393a40d21423179454fa1928a5.JPG

The kit was from the kids (although I told them to get it at Jadlam as the price was so good) and the AM I picked up with some of the money I was given. Think I've got all I'll need and on a quick look through it looks like it'll be a fun build

• Like 2

Guest DannyVM

This morning i got some goodies prior for my 23e 'Devil' Squadron jet pilot helmet project.

zxTTNMXh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Danny, are you going to put custom art on the helmet?

grt free

The visor cover of the helmet will be painted like the helmets worn by their pilots of the 23e 'Devil' Smaldeel when they flew the Starfighter.

Here you see Cdt. Depypere with the 'devil' helmet on.

nwtHj4Gh.jpg

Kris Depypere privat collection

Greetz

Danny

Nice, now i see your masks in the background. Looks like you are wel prepared. If the helmet was on display before, take care with wax resudue left over from cleaning with pledge or similar. This can realy wreck havoc with your paints. A good silicone degreaser should remove most of it. 

Grtz free

Guest DannyVM

Nice, now i see your masks in the background. Looks like you are wel prepared. If the helmet was on display before, take care with wax resudue left over from cleaning with pledge or similar. This can realy wreck havoc with your paints. A good silicone degreaser should remove most of it. 

Grtz free

Thank's for the tip Free:thumbsup2:

The most of the visor cover is all ready painted, and no problems appeared during painting. I will post a WIP in the "Non LSM WIP and Completion" section of the forum.

Greetz

Danny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Today i received the new published Mirage 5 book. I all ready took a quick look inside and i must say i'm very impressed by the sheer quality of the book. This book put's the operational history in perspective of the Mirage 5BA/BD and BR in Belgium Air Force service. It count's 450 pages full of interesting info and lot's of photo's.

VhTm5Dkh.jpg

ko10Nqzh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Few weeks ago it was to hot to do some work, so i got on a spending spree.

My PayPal account is still recovering :D

spendingspree.jpg

I now have 62 days of vacation before me, so lets hope i can use some of them to do some modeling.

grtz free

• Like 1

Guest DannyVM

My score from today's visit at Domino model shop....

A long time wanna have....

Ns6gDhAh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Nice pick up Danny. What are you going to build it as?

Mind you, the dog doesn't look too impressed by it! :lol:

Thank's mate, i don't know yet, maybe i use the kit decals, but i'm tempted by the Zotz decal sheet part 2 VMFA-451 "Warlords"

At the moment i'm collecting info about the aftermarket possibility, and after i'm back from the holiday's i order them and then time to start this baby.

Indeed, Shiva, didn't bother very much about this nice great kit 

Greetz

Danny

• Members

When Amazon had their big "Prime Deal Days" a couple of weeks back I scored 4 Revell Bf 109G-6s and 4 Fw 190F-8s for $76, delivered!  Really didn't need them but just too good to pass up at a little over $9 a kit!

boxart.jpg

FW_190_cover.jpg

• Like 3

11 hours ago, mikester said:

When Amazon had their big "Prime Deal Days" a couple of weeks back I scored 4 Revell Bf 109G-6s and 4 Fw 190F-8s for $76, delivered!  Really didn't need them but just too good to pass up at a little over $9 a kit!

SCORE!!!!

Rog :)

• Like 1