Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dave J

Soo.... What did you just get???

1,174 posts in this topic

More extras for the HK Mossie.

Exhausts look stunning!

20150909_130408.jpg

I noticed that HK doesn't include the inner exhaust shrouds. I have no idea if these were removed in the field or not like the shrouds on P-51 Mustangs...

263649d1401154708t-mosquito-exhaust-5-pi

The shroud on a 6-stack 2-stage Merlin set-up:

Mossie9.jpg

Julien Dixon

Well, maybe not 'LSM' size but calling for some serious decalling and decorating skills...

So, very much LSM quality potential, I'd say.

You actually get almost all the black and yellow as a decal, but I'll probably mask and paint most of it. I've done something similar with the black and yellow striped F-104 a few years ago.

Got myself a Citadel basic paintset today. During lunchtime visited a games workshop and met some nice guys there. They showed me the paint and left not emptyhanded. Working in the centre of Amsterdam has it's uses.

Cees

GusMac likes this

Hi Cees, is that the one on Rokin? Spent some time (and Euros) in there with my son when we were over a couple of years ago.

Excellent staff and good selection of stuff, or so my son said.

Cheers, Gus

Hi Gus,

Nay, Rozengracht, it is close to the Rokin (give or take a mile) but behind the Royal Palace at Dam Square.

They have a set of washes too, I was shown some projects they were working on and it looked great. And nothing

is done by airbrush. Just a quick primer with a spraycan and the rest with the hairy wand.

Cees

Hi Cees, yes I think I got my east and west mixed up. We were staying on the Herengracht which is about midway between the two. From memory, there was another one over the other side of town as well.

Gus

Wingco57 and Wouter like this

... The only thing I wish for now is a half-serious flue-attack so I get to read the 300 pages undisturbed in bed... -_- ...

Go the 'Man-Flu' ... ham it up ... you'll be right ;) ;)

Looks like there's some Walrus references in there!

Rog :)

Even though I'm terrified of a resin kit that big and involved I really envy you right now. I expect a WIP as soon as you return home!

Ahhh, yes. But then you'd have to scratch everything. In the HPH Catalina

nearly all structures in that photo are already present - you just change the order of them...  :D

Your logic is infallible.

Well I was well behaved at Telford.... I should of spent lots more.... But I have to think of my luggage on the way back to NZ

So I got a Fly Wessex, Takom Whippet and Aries Pit for the 262..

Pardelhas likes this

My haul was modest, I got the Haynes Manual on the Bristol Blenheim, and the HK Models Mosquito B IV.

So will start hacking it apart to make the prototype soon. Not into Dark side modelling, save me a lot if money

Though.

Cees

Pardelhas likes this

Mmmmm, what did I get?

THESE:

Just HAD to get one of these to build a Russian machine!

629432-16807-24.jpg

This little kit was a gap in our HpH review list:

hph-mig-15.jpg

After chatting to Kuni from ZM, he arranged to have this put away for me:

947886-10518-93.jpg

A nice pit for a future project:

Screen%20Shot%202015-11-10%20at%2017.20.

An ÜBER F-104 Starfighter decal set from DACO. 6 sheets and over 700 decals for German/Bavarian machines. Thanks to Erik for sorting this for me :)

DAst16a.jpg