The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 19 July 2017 at 9:09 AM, mikester said:

When Amazon had their big "Prime Deal Days" a couple of weeks back I scored 4 Revell Bf 109G-6s and 4 Fw 190F-8s for $76, delivered!  Really didn't need them but just too good to pass up at a little over $9 a kit!

boxart.jpg

FW_190_cover.jpg

Both kits are crap, I think u got ripped off paying 9$ each

• Members
5 hours ago, Mark 'ozzy' Ostler said:

I've built three Revell 109s and while not perfect by any means I'd disagree with the "crap" assessment.  Haven't built the 190 yet but from what I've seen it's a decent kit and a reasonable starting point.

Bf109g10_IVJG01_Blue_1.JPG

bf109g6_black4_5.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mark 'ozzy' Ostler said:

Surely you're joking Oz' ... ???

$9 is a steal ... even without shipping being included in the price ... I would've pulled the trigger and on-sold them at double or more.

The F-8 is pretty decent - and probably better than the Hase' kit... and the G-6 is no worse than the Hase' or the Trumpy kits - in that they all have their fair degree of errors and WTF moments.

At any rate ... at $9 a pop - that is serious bang-for-buck!! ...

Rog :)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Being born in West Berlin with the Wall around, I was more than delighted to see that Uschi van der Rosten has this part of (my) history in their shelves, at least until now, because I got No. 10 of 10, which indicates it's the last one. The Berlin Wall was teared down and thanks to Alex I got the last !/35 reminder.

The wall will be the background of my entry to the Resin-GB, a Sci-Fi, What-if or whatever non-serious Dio with some russian Smurfs and a strange hovering vehicle.

The Box with intriguing Boxart

P1130427.thumb.JPG.d5d6a54577f913296683420e4933e4da.JPG

And that's included, not the Tamiya colors of course or did you think the Wall was yellow :lol:?

P1130429.thumb.JPG.43c72dbb71b399c3f2d9a851554a1073.JPG

Cheers Rob

• 1 month later...

My score from a local convention today.

This will be converted to a Belgian Mirage VBA.

JWFTd0Sh.jpg

And this tool was so cheap i couldn't resist it.

tpBX8lOh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

• 3 weeks later...

Hola (the few) Ladies and Gentlemen,

not much time for modeling or even the forum in the last two weeks, but I have to share that scoop.

I got the Eduard P-40N and the graphic novel by Hugault and Yann called "Angel Wings" on the same day. You might guess which version I will build.
One little advise for others who purchase the kit. Remove the nice embossed metal print at first thing, because it is heavy and you have to hope that there is no damage done to the sprues. On my one the windscreen was loose from the sprue, but not scratched, phew, I hate polishing clear parts :)

Cheers Rob

P1130628.thumb.JPG.e811011d542bc4a23b09b5259a437f36.JPG

P1130629.thumb.JPG.b9cdcd1e1f48da9bfe19810973a1d6c2.JPG

Today, the postman brought me a long time wanna have. Not model related, but sure as h""ll aviation related.

HGU-2A/P 'Ramshorn' with MBU-5/P oxygen mask. This type of helmet is starting to become very rare to find, so i couldn't resist when i got the chance to buy it.

WZ6pmrLh.jpg

RbgJ2nwh.jpg

It's getting even more interesting, because not only is this helmet a unique piece of aviation history, it is also equipped with a nuclear flash gold plated visor to prevent blindness of the pilot.

This helmet belonged to a German F-104 pilot in the sixty's.

k07pRtTh.jpg

Xsm2naKh.jpg

AJmwVLCh.jpg

A nice add-on for my growing collection of aviation head gear.

1OFwQIGh.jpg

2ffTqh9h.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Hi Oz,

I have just recieved the package and had a rough sighting of the sprues, looking for damaged pieces. So no schedule for building the warhawk and no reference material besides the comic book ;). Actually I'm waiting for some internal and external PE-stuff from Eduard to add to the bird.
I haven't thought about riveting this one, do you think it is really necessary?

BUT you are on your way with the "Ruth A" (another lovely scheme) and I have not seen a single picture, Did I miss the WIP?

Cheers Rob

Very cool Danny, especially that gold visor.

Thank's mate:thumbsup2:

This is supposed to go to doc Rob, sorry Danny if it's ended up in your email! Cheers. Oz

No problem mate, no harm done.:D

Hi Danny,

that is a really cool helmet, specially with that gold mirroring "themonuclear protection" thing :D.
Is this one of the helmets you will present together with a corresponding Jet, and if so, which one?

Cheers Rob 

Thank's Rob, 

indeed, but i have to think about it. This helmet is German issued, so that means it has German modifications. It's very hard to modify it back to a U.S. issued helmet so, time for a little brainstorming. Also, this helmet is authentic, if i should try to paint it or do something else it becomes custom made, and the value would dive instantly, so i think i gonna leave it like it is and search for a German subject to build. 

Greetz

Danny

22 hours ago, DocRob said:

Hi Oz,

I have just recieved the package and had a rough sighting of the sprues, looking for damaged pieces. So no schedule for building the warhawk and no reference material besides the comic book ;). Actually I'm waiting for some internal and external PE-stuff from Eduard to add to the bird.
I haven't thought about riveting this one, do you think it is really necessary?

BUT you are on your way with the "Ruth A" (another lovely scheme) and I have not seen a single picture, Did I miss the WIP?

Cheers Rob

Hi Rob, no WIP on this one, might post a photo later, will start on rivets tomorrow before I pre shade panel lines. Photo bucket a pain in butt but will sort something. I've finally landed a D-9 wulf from Hasegawa, just waiting for resin parts to turn up, so the P40 is on the workbench currently. I like this kit, the undercarriage looks great, primed wheels etc and ready to go. I like the decals that you've got for yours, the skull looks really mean and the white spinner looks the part too! Is that what your building? Cheers  Oz

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Made a last run to Yokohama to stock up on Gunze supplies before I move back to the USA, about $150 worth of Mr. Color paint and assorted goodies.  I've been eye-balling the 1/32 Tamiya F-4C for forever and with only a 6050 yen price tag I finally pulled the trigger.  Have to do Colonel Olds' SCAT XXVII.  Also a something a little different, 1/72 Dougram Bigfoot that I'll do as Battletech universe Battlemaster, been wanting this one for a long time.

f4c.jpg

bigfoot.jpg

Guest DannyVM

Yesterday i received my new addition to my humble growing collection of flight helmets. A ZsH-3 flight helmet with KM-32 oxygen mask. Compleet with leather winter liner and throat mic. Only the com cord is missing on the Ho mask, but that will be taken care of within a few weeks.

jfmr7Agl.jpg

XUkRwdnl.jpg

Qvtff8fl.jpg

OHT9lb0l.jpg

The leather helmet is the winter type, which is added with wol inside.

1iz6ydCl.jpg

hf7m7fnl.jpg

Even the original glasses and the throat mic was there.

lqvHBBtl.jpg

This helmet will be put on display together with a Trumpeter MIG 21UM Mongol.

But at the moment it stands proud together with my other 3 U.S. made  or better said two and one licence build Israel helmets

xlEkRQCl.jpg

lTjLAHvl.jpg

Greetz

Danny