Welcome to Large Scale Modeller

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dave J

Soo.... What did you just get???

1,175 posts in this topic

:omg: ordered yesterday, and today delivered at my doorstep:punk:  That's what i call fast service.

SU7CIhLh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

avro683 likes this

2 hours ago, James H said:

I got this in York today ...

Pity it isn't 1/32 eh? ... Any particular reason it's advertising the 'other place' in the top RH corner?

Rog :)

On 15/04/2017 at 1:43 AM, Artful69 said:

Pity it isn't 1/32 eh? ... Any particular reason it's advertising the 'other place' in the top RH corner?

Rog :)

:lol:

Wingnut Wings Ship's Camel and, although perhaps not appropriate here, Airfix 1/180 HMS Prince. Lovely. 

Edited by avro683
Extra text
DannyVM likes this

Generally, when we westerners think about science fiction in video media ... most will tend to relate to the 'Big 3' - Star Trek ... Star Wars ... and Battlestar Galactica.

Of course there are the various peripheral TV series ... Babylon 5 was a hit ... Farscape ... and a favourite of mine - the cancelled TV show - Firefly.

Star Trek's original series started up in 1966 and ran for 3 seasons ... the animated series ran in 1973-1974 ...

I mention this only because my favourite SF series first came on air in 1974 ... and Star Trek is the only major SF series that precedes it.

Of course there are others, such as Doctor Who ... but I'm referring to series that are almost solely futuristic / space orientated ... 

The favourite that I speak of Space Battleship Yamato ... a multilayered 'space opera' produced in anime ... 26 episodes long at about 30mins per episode.

The plot (set in 2199) is awesome ... the characters are multidimensional ... and although some of the sequences stretch belief and defy the laws of physics - in reality, no more so than many other western based SF or fantasy genre movies or series.

The music score is also terrific. Sequels came and went ... and movies ... all before Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica.

The Americans got hold of the series under licence ... and because of the politically correctness of the period, changed the 'war sensitive' names of characters and vessels - and removed a couple of episodes.

It came out as 'Star Blazers' ... and that, as a kid, is how I first came across it. I didn't realise how badly the Americans had stuffed it all up until I got to see the original, in Japanese audio, with English subtitles.

After a live action flick made in 2010 (in Japan) ... which was largely unsuccessful due to the overly cramped and convoluted nature of ramming a 13 hour 'epic' story into 2 hours, they decided to re-make the original series.

Released in 2012, Space Battleship Yamato 2199 uses updated animation techniques ... A few small things have been changed along the way ... some characters have been gender swapped very cleverly (e.g. Akira Yamamoto), omitted or expanded to create a richer feel to the storyline ...

After seeing Vaughns build of the Bandai kit based on the Yamato from the 2012 remake ... I was inspired to grab it at some point ...

The delay in release of the HK Models Lancaster has given me the perfect excuse opportunity ... 

At 1/500 scale it's over 660mm long and will make an impressive display!

IMG_1053_zpsfojbhsdq.jpg

One of my favourite sequences in the series is the launch scene for the attack on the Gamilas advance base on Pluto ... where the ship based fighters are launched from the hangar deck.

The kit has a few extras but you need to get the expansion pack in order to fit the hanger deck ... or keep it as a separate display ...

IMG_1048_zpsrcndbjcl.jpg

Im unsure whether there are other 1/72 scale shipborne craft besides the below offerings ... but if I can find them, I'd love to get a larger scale 'Seagull' and Type 100 2 seater reconnaissance craft to go with them.

Melda Deitz's distictive ruby red Gamilian Czvarke ... is also a desired kit!

Tactical officer Susumo Kodai's Cosmo Zero (alpha 1)

IMG_1049_zpsxdywkuty.jpg

Ensign fighter pilot Akira 'Rei' Yamamoto's Cosmo Zero (alpha 2)

IMG_1050_zpsugtuorle.jpg

Lieutenant Saburo Kato's Cosmo Falcon (Flight Leader)

IMG_1051_zpsovgfriwj.jpg

Ensign Hiroki Shinohara's Cosmo Falcon (Flight 2IC)

IMG_1052_zps5tw4h5ph.jpg

Looking forward to seeing the next series - Yamato 2202

Rog :)

Sweeet!  I love the Japanese approach to SciFi...  

I keep hoping to find some models from the Last Exile series...  I'm jealous!

On 6 May 2017 at 0:50 AM, spliffsecond said:

IMG_3843.jpg

missed out on the first series, i could not resist to preorder.

Been sidetracked on the corsair by something else will post soon

grtz

free

Hey oz,

i paid €122 taxes and shipping included. They have cheaper kits and more costly kits. I wish i could afford all of them. For the moment i just look at the boxes i own, i don't dare to start one, yet. :D 

Grtz free

Finally.......i got one......:punk: 

For a long time now, i've searched for a HGU-26/P  jet pilot helmet  in white color complete with MBU-5/P oxygen mask. It's not easy to find a nice example of this 60's-70's era head gear, so i kept searching for one. Now, a good friend of mine had a very splendid bone dome almost in a new state. A few years ago i asked him if he wanted to sell this helmet to me, but he had difficulty's to get distance of it, which i understand completely. Today i got great news from him that he was ready to sell, so i jumped in my car and drove to him and bought the head gear set for a more then reasonable price.

So, this is it :

L4g5hGPh.jpg

HwWr0P7h.jpg

NBvmI3Vh.jpg

My TAMA HGU-55/P will have company now with his predecessor.

qPNVn1zh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Pardelhas and GusMac like this

Got these from my wife and kids for the big 'five-oh' a few weeks back but it's taken a bit of time to get things organised. In the middle of house renovations so time to do anything non-essential is at a premium, so work has basically ceased on the F-16.

DSCF4179.thumb.JPG.3e61bdca1a4ad476b801aa63ee0f8e2c.JPGDSCF4184.thumb.JPG.04ae1acf3210df9c685bc30dd86805d5.JPG

Cabinet is the Malsjo from Ikea which went together very nicely and sits well with the other furniture in the spare bedroom. One problem with building 1/32 modern jets is that they're generally huuuge, so the Detolf is just no use and we had to go for this one. The F-15 and Mig-23 are in there but there's plenty of spare space - at my current rate of building I might fill it before I'm 60!

DSCF4181.thumb.JPG.b95272393a40d21423179454fa1928a5.JPG

The kit was from the kids (although I told them to get it at Jadlam as the price was so good) and the AM I picked up with some of the money I was given. Think I've got all I'll need and on a quick look through it looks like it'll be a fun build

Pardelhas and coolboxx like this

This morning i got some goodies prior for my 23e 'Devil' Squadron jet pilot helmet project.

zxTTNMXh.jpg

Greetz

Danny

Danny, are you going to put custom art on the helmet?

grt free

The visor cover of the helmet will be painted like the helmets worn by their pilots of the 23e 'Devil' Smaldeel when they flew the Starfighter.

Here you see Cdt. Depypere with the 'devil' helmet on.

nwtHj4Gh.jpg

Kris Depypere privat collection

Greetz

Danny

Nice, now i see your masks in the background. Looks like you are wel prepared. If the helmet was on display before, take care with wax resudue left over from cleaning with pledge or similar. This can realy wreck havoc with your paints. A good silicone degreaser should remove most of it. 

Grtz free

Nice, now i see your masks in the background. Looks like you are wel prepared. If the helmet was on display before, take care with wax resudue left over from cleaning with pledge or similar. This can realy wreck havoc with your paints. A good silicone degreaser should remove most of it. 

Grtz free

Thank's for the tip Free:thumbsup2:

The most of the visor cover is all ready painted, and no problems appeared during painting. I will post a WIP in the "Non LSM WIP and Completion" section of the forum.

Greetz

Danny

Today i received the new published Mirage 5 book. I all ready took a quick look inside and i must say i'm very impressed by the sheer quality of the book. This book put's the operational history in perspective of the Mirage 5BA/BD and BR in Belgium Air Force service. It count's 450 pages full of interesting info and lot's of photo's.

VhTm5Dkh.jpg

ko10Nqzh.jpg

Greetz

Danny