The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

• Administrators
On 9/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, DannyVM said:

Not really model related.........ooohhh well, maybe a bit because we can't do without :rolleyes:

The postman just delivered my new ordered office chair.:unworthy: The old one was FUBAR all the way. Leather was teared, and air pressure was lost all the time without any manipulation.:wallbash:

eD6IZAUl.jpg

So finally, i got myself a new one.

7S0yd3Hl.jpg

I will need it, when i look at all the post's that will appear, and for sure, when i look to all the likes that Harv will give to this bunch of model related gent's

Greetz

Danny

Those chairs are awesome. My office chair is 7 years old and hasn’t missed a beat. The arms are tired but that’s it. Before this one, I went through a chair every year. Well done, Danny. Great choice!

56A72950-6B60-46B0-9E41-2E8B3E403044.jpeg

B222175D-E36B-40A7-9CE7-631A34ED823E.jpeg

• Like 2

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Always wanted to try building one of those wooden ship models. Just don't have the courage I guess.

Carl

This one has an ABS hull. You'll built up a ply skeleton and then add the deck planking and fittings. 

FAR easier than a regular wooden boat/ship.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Yeah don't get Harv mad at you. He'll go all crazy ninja on you. I've seen him in action. He annihilated that display of Brawny Paper Towels in Wal Mart.  OK, I admit it, he actually sideswiped them with his handi scooter power chair, but I'll never tell that embarrassing story..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

Danny, excuse my ignorance, but what is that green thingie on the picture ?

The green cylinder contains a pill, like a painkiller pill, only this one contains a sort of acid which will react when it comes in contact with water. 

Now, the purpose of this WEA device is when a pilot need's to eject above water, or he need's to ditch into the water with his plane, and he's not able to remove his mask from his face by hand, the WEA device will automatically remove the mask from the pilots face once it will come in contact with water. The spring will be automatically released so the release mechanism of the mask will react.

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

That is brilliant , Thank You for explanation Danny. 

With pleasure Martin. If i am correct i think it's a German invention, and it was standard issue on German jet pilot helmets. These day's almost every Western country use the WEA bayonets.

With pleasure Martin. If i am correct i think it's a German invention, and it was standard issue on German jet pilot helmets. These day's almost every Western country use the WEA bayonets.

In case you may be looking for/or interested in a Luftwaffle HGU-55/G, a good friend of mine has one on sale.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

So, Goose's was dysfunctional ? :)

maverick-holding-goose-in-water-after-fl

Goose didn't have the WEA Martin, in those day's WEA wasn't invented yet. But i got your point there Martin, nice notice mate.

18 hours ago, Ivan Ivanovich said:

In case you may be looking for/or interested in a Luftwaffle HGU-55/G, a good friend of mine has one on sale.

I'm all ears Ivan......Tell me....