The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Squadron has Tamiya's 1/48 Mosquito and service vehicle for $35. I am tempted. What do people think of this kit?

Paul

I picked it up this morning. I've seen some great builds of it. I know a few people have complained about it in the past for petty reasons, but it's supposed to be great, and the included truck is supposed to be a gem. I'm happy with it, I can't wait for it to get here.

Guest styrenedemon

Grabbed one of these today. Great looking kit from my initial look in the box. Too bad Revell didn't feel the need to throw in an instruction book. Hopefully I can find it online or something. 

4436E848-687F-4890-8761-4814815365DD-144

• Like 1

Guest styrenedemon

That's KoJo. I actually found the right one last night online. This is the first time I've ever had a kit missing anything. Makes me wonder how common it is.

Would love to know how you get on with it .. It looks as though there's an paint flow setting knob on the end, that's what I'm interested in. I'm thinking of finding a new airbrush with that kind of feature. Also, I'v never read any observations on a side feed brush so, if you don't mind giving some feedback on those elements, plus the trigger, I'd be glad to read them.

• Members

Would love to know how you get on with it .. It looks as though there's an paint flow setting knob on the end, that's what I'm interested in. I'm thinking of finding a new airbrush with that kind of feature. Also, I'v never read any observations on a side feed brush so, if you don't mind giving some feedback on those elements, plus the trigger, I'd be glad to read them.

Grant, I've got a Grex Tritium GS airbrush with this configuration and it is quite simply the best airbrush I have ever owned.  Nothing but good things to say about it.

Grant, I've got a Grex Tritium GS airbrush with this configuration and it is quite simply the best airbrush I have ever owned.  Nothing but good things to say about it.

Thanks Mike  -  I'll definitely look into Grex, I've seen the brand but I seem to have largely ignored them; because of being "star-struck" by Iwata and H&S I suppose.  Again, many thanks for the suggestion.

Also, Jeroen in my early days of return from the wilderness strongly suggested the Tamiya pistol grip style of airbrush ... I'l re-visit that as well but I don't think it has a paint settling knob thingy.

• Members

Hmm. I had a Grex Tritium TG and as great a brush as it was, I HATED the trigger mechanism. Massive carpal-tunnel like shooting elbow pains from balancing the trigger. But I know others who love the things.

I will say, though, Grex makes great brushes. Triggers aren't for me, but I've got their Genesis XN gravity-fed number and it's as good or better than the Iwata Eclipse.

I had about a two week learning curve where I didn't like the trigger but now a conventional airbrush feels funny to me.  I'm a Grex guy for life!

Guest styrenedemon

My ModelMania 2013 "haul."Kind of a disappointing year. I went in hoping to snag 3-4 1/32 kits. I had the Tamiya Spit, Hasegawa P-40, Dragon 110 and 109 (or eduard), Trumpy P-38, and the ZM Skyraider on my list. As you can see I only found an Eduard 109. I could have spent $1000 on 48th stuff, but I am a LSM convert. I did get some stuff on the top of my 48th list though, but called it quits at 4. I won that Italeri turd in the raffle...so glad I didn't buy extra tickets too...the choices were BLECH...

E30C5A9A-B49E-438D-A560-28F9E87CAEAA-202

Actually sat outside the auditorium and ordered a kit on my phone, but I'll let that be a surprise since it's my next LSM project and will be LOADED with some AM.

Guest styrenedemon

That's one 32nd kit I did see yesterday, Dave. Sadly, I don't have much love for any Russian hardware...armor or aircraft. However, that did look like a killer kit. I'll be watching for the build...you know...when that other monster is done. 

• Like 1

That's one 32nd kit I did see yesterday, Dave. Sadly, I don't have much love for any Russian hardware...armor or aircraft. However, that did look like a killer kit. I'll be watching for the build...you know...when that other monster is done. 

I not a fan of Russian stuff too... But the La 5 and Yak 9 would be on my list for sure!

Just ordered some resin goodies for it too!

Trumpy's MiG-3 is definitely one of their better kits - all any any of the builds I've seen of this have been positive. Personally, I love the lines and looks of this and have been eyeing the on in stock BIG time.

Continuing my quest to improve my photography, I bought a couple to things that might help - one of these LED lamps to use either on the camera or (and an extra bracket was bought) on a light stand:

image_zps3fd7dccd.jpg

And a reflective table which includes a cream sheet and stands on four acrylic, magnetised legs :

995e1ebc-ef51-4ae4-88bd-38b6def320d8_zps

• Like 1