Dave J

Soo.... What did you just get???

Look what the correos (post) was dropping today. I bought some hours of lifetime (modelling time) for some extre Euros and recieved the already assembled Tracks from AK. That will make the future build of my Dragon T-34/76 or my SU-85 from Miniart a lot more relaxed :).

P1130923.thumb.JPG.f57437199ff000a4ec63f5d4d2e5081c.JPG

Cheers Rob

Pardelhas likes this

Lately, my new purchases are mostly flight gear related. Again......today i received my newest acquisition.....

A brand new ZsH-5A helmet with KM-34 oxygen mask.

ag4XVRvl.jpg

Not only the helmet and mask was included in the deal, also the wooden store box, and the accessoires that where included in the box, inclusief the certificates with the production date and the moisture indicator.

3JjMdHjl.jpg

EfnaeZNl.jpg

rq8dDpIl.jpg

Greetz

Danny

GusMac and JonathanReed like this

Very cool Danny. Another 'head' for the cabinet!

My Russian is non-existent but all the extras look a real bonus.

Thank's, same for me, don't understand anything of the Russian text, but some are translated by a Russian guy, so i know the meaning.

GusMac likes this

Very nice Danny, your collections is certainly growing. I received my blank Spitfire instrument panel last week (scale 1.1), that will represent a RNethAF Mk IX. Spent some time yesterday screwing in the original instruments. Would make a nice display at home.

Cheers

Cees

Hi Danny, nice haul.

the meaning of the russian might be a warning message, that you could gain hallucinations by viewing at the torquise cockpit color for more than an hour :D, but my russian is a no show as well.

@Cees, cant wait to see a 1:1 Spit scratch build, that would be a first and truly Large Scale Modelling ;).

Cheers Rob

Very nice Danny, your collections is certainly growing. I received my blank Spitfire instrument panel last week (scale 1.1), that will represent a RNethAF Mk IX. Spent some time yesterday screwing in the original instruments. Would make a nice display at home.

Cheers

Cees

Indeed, a little bit at the time. Wow Spitfire IP, very nice, pic's please.....

Hi Danny, nice haul.

the meaning of the russian might be a warning message, that you could gain hallucinations by viewing at the torquise cockpit color for more than an hour :D, but my russian is a no show as well.

Thank's Rob,

:lol: indeed that could be a real bummer if you sit in such a cockpit hihihi.

Greetz

Danny

Eh no, this is just my own pleasure (just as the Hampden and Halifax cockpits, although due to size they couldn't be placed in our apartment :(:lol:). The panel will be placed in the "study" and all instruments are safe.

Cees

Ah, nice. I can imagine a Halifax cockpit could cause a bit of domestic discord!

By safe, I take it you mean all radium dials, etc have been decontaminated. Interestingly we now use Radium-223 as a treatment for patients with prostate cancer.

Hi Gus,

Ah well, she knows me . :wub:   For every luminous (radium) instrument there was also a fluorescent (intended for UV light) version, just a matter of seeking out the ones you want.

Health is a serious matter.

Cees

GusMac likes this

Thanks Cees, that's interesting to know. I didn't realise they did fluorescent versions as well.

The radium dials have been a bit of a hot topic here in Scotland as they have found radium contamination on Dalgety Bay beach as the nearby Donibristle airfield was used to dismantle many old airframes at the end of the war and a lot of the dials were just buried. Unfortunately, as is often the case, the politicians making the most noise about it are the ones with the least understanding of the actual radiation protection issues. 'Don't eat the sand' would be a good message - bit like Frank Zappa and the yellow snow! 

Wingco57 likes this

Next in my collection : HGU-55/P with green MBU-12/P mask. Belonged to a pilot of 311 Squadron Volkel based Netherlands Air Force.

7UYhTWNl.jpg

CgBAjall.jpg

yMWXt58l.jpg

GS1iOPnl.jpg

bpcQ15El.jpg

Greetz

Danny

GusMac likes this

The 'Head Hunter' claims another scalp!

Very cool Danny, these must take up quite a bit of display room. Where do you get the polystyrene heads by the way?

The 'Head Hunter' claims another scalp!

Very cool Danny, these must take up quite a bit of display room. Where do you get the polystyrene heads by the way?

Indeed, another victim for my trophy chamber.:D

They take less display room then a 1/32 model, but still i'm out of display capability for the moment. The heads are from a local shop which sells mannequins for fashion stores.

GusMac likes this

I suppose it's more of a height issue with these, rather than the area they take up, Danny. Think volume rather than floor plan!

Do you have a photo of them all together in the cabinet?

DannyVM likes this

I suppose it's more of a height issue with these, rather than the area they take up, Danny. Think volume rather than floor plan!

Do you have a photo of them all together in the cabinet?

You hit the nail on the head, height is indeed more prominent than volume. Still those Ikea display cases do fit for the job.

ABAuQbrl.jpg

GusMac likes this

I'm a weak man, I have to admit it. I made a deal with myself, not getteng me a "Dottie Mae" from Eduard, because I already have a 1/48 Jug Limited Edition with some add ons like barrels, a resin engine and HGW stencils, but then there was the Jug for less than 60€, and I was not enough a man to resist. So here she is , the result of that weak moment and will be build with the only addition of some Master Barrels. I'm feeling bad about feeling good ;)

Cheers Rob

P1140051.thumb.JPG.a1e0f08602a65b9d2b92bf82fb0bcef1.JPGP1140052.thumb.JPG.2cffe356f36d8e47c0a184e562da6143.JPG

GusMac likes this