The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Well, it really comes down to what one expects from the kit. If you are mostly an airplane guy and just want to try a few armor kits as a lark and a palate-cleanser and you only expect it to look the part when finished, then they serve their purpose. I have been spoiled by building a lot of Dragon and other manufacturers who are better in terms of accuracy and tooling. These Italeri kits in particular are tie-ins to the World of Tanks game and are more a cross-marketing gimmick to try and get WoT fans into modeling. News flash: a lot of them already are and also buy newer kits.

Anyway, saying that I do have a couple of Italeri kits, but only because they are the only game in town for certain items, like the 1/35 German Schnellboot. I mean, if you seriously had to choose between Italeri's Bergepanther or Takom's there is only one choice you can make that won't make you the subject of ridicule. I am also a little biased from having one of their awesome 'magical melting tire' kits that ate a sprue of an Opel Blitz.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Not on sale, but I rarely see Dragon in Sydney. I snapped them up.

1Gjxfw.jpg

Cool! I've got the AIMS conversion to build this in 1/32 using the Revell A-4 kit. 

Carl

• Like 3

1 hour ago, [CAT]CplSlade said:

Well, it really comes down to what one expects from the kit. If you are mostly an airplane guy and just want to try a few armor kits as a lark and a palate-cleanser and you only expect it to look the part when finished, then they serve their purpose. I have been spoiled by building a lot of Dragon and other manufacturers who are better in terms of accuracy and tooling. These Italeri kits in particular are tie-ins to the World of Tanks game and are more a cross-marketing gimmick to try and get WoT fans into modeling. News flash: a lot of them already are and also buy newer kits.

Anyway, saying that I do have a couple of Italeri kits, but only because they are the only game in town for certain items, like the 1/35 German Schnellboot. I mean, if you seriously had to choose between Italeri's Bergepanther or Takom's there is only one choice you can make that won't make you the subject of ridicule. I am also a little biased from having one of their awesome 'magical melting tire' kits that ate a sprue of an Opel Blitz.

Cheers. I checked the WoT decal sheet to see if normal decals were inside. I was happy to see they do.

Some models like the 1/72 aeroplanes and perhaps tanks are for future birthday presents for young students.  

I recall you mentioning Dragon armour in the past. I have been looking carefully at the shop for Dragon kits I want to build. They average about 100 bucks here so I am awaiting just the right subject. :)

Carl, I couldn't resist. Same story with the Ju-188.

ICM will likely bring out versions of these older kits. I always liked Dragon.

• Like 3

On 3/4/2020 at 2:06 AM, DocRob said:

Well I have been a little nervous the last weeks and modelling was a little stagnant, but now I'm a happy guy. Yesterday I got my new ride, definitely LS. One of the last JK Wranglers with hard- and softtop near as new.

Cheers Rob

IMG_6888.thumb.JPG.57790975e5354414c5c27f9a9562b059.JPG 

Nice ride Rob , congrats. ! :)

image.png?w=500&c=1

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

I recall you mentioning Dragon armour in the past. I have been looking carefully at the shop for Dragon kits I want to build. They average about 100 bucks here so I am awaiting just the right subject. :)

If you are interested in Panthers or Tigers, look at the pricing for RFM, Takom, or Meng near you. They are comparable to Dragon and are often cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In another thread, I mentioned how weak I was, piling up a number of « must buys » on my 2020 shopping list.

Well, I got the first of those, a rather smallish box, that fits nicely on my bench :rolleyes:

i-S2Mg3Jn-600x450.jpg

Me very happy :wub:

Hubert

• Like 12

10 minutes ago, Sir Desmond Glazebrook said:

Hubert, 20% off at Hobbyco Sydney. 

Were you just in Sydney??? I could have sworn I saw you in the Queen Victoria building. 

No, home in Portugal. Patricia and I envision going down under for our 10th wedding anniversary, but that’s not before 2023 ;)

Hubert

• Like 5

What did I just get? Hopefully, not Coronavirus...

I am off to the Doctor today to be tested. Two weeks ago, a University Student returned from China having quarantined for a fortnight in Dubai. He eventually fell ill and reported to Hospital, and was confirmed as having Coronavirus. During that week, I made 6 deliveries in that suburb to Students moving into flats to start University for the year. Neither Queensland Health nor the Australian Government will confirm his name or address due to privacy reasons. 

Their advice was I had no reason for concern, as I was not sick and had not been Overseas. Coincidentally, on Tuesday just gone I had my yearly Cancer procedure, so I also visited my GP, the Hospital, a Pathology centre and Pharmacy... All traditionally full of sick people. Then on Friday, I started showing sore throat and having sneezing fits, and experiencing a strong chemical taste/smell (such as if you've ever had an MRI for instance).

The symptoms have lessened since, but I am still going to get tested. At work, I deliver to and am in close contact with up to 50 people daily. I work closely with 20 other Drivers who each do the same. The consequences of me infecting the public or fellow workers are staggering. 

A Doctor in Melbourne last week went to work and even visited a Nursing Home while sick, and tested positive for the Virus. Part of being professional in your work is ensuring that you do all the right things. To me, what you do away from the Truck is just as important as securing the load and keeping to speed limits.

Oh, but at least I'm sorted for toilet rolls!

IMG_20200308_154525.thumb.jpg.9d3d61bee69b6343799b89f731b618cd.jpg

Steve

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1