The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

Well it is RFC, I would hope so. Won't get to it for a bit, but maybe. It has markings for Billy Bishops ride in there which I will definately do!

I’ll also be doing Billy Bishop’s ride.  A true Canadian hero.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

It has markings for Billy Bishops ride in there which I will definately do!

Being Canadian and living near to Billy Bishop airport, I approve of your markings choice.:thumbsup2:

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

You remember when CBC tried to destroy his reputation?

And they did exactly the same thing to Bomber Command and the 8th AF.

Oh yeah, hard to forget that. 

And how Bomber Command got left out at the end of the war.  Took forever for them to finally get a proper memorial too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HubertB said:

Agree on the box art. I remember my teenage days, when the box art alone could make me want to buy a kit ...

Hubert

I remember those days to, we didn’t have in depth reviews or WIP to inform the purchase as you said the box art and what you knew about the subject....

• Like 3

+3 on the boxart!

I used to cut out nice box art and out it up in my room as a kid. I really liked the Hasegawa ones done by Shigeo Koike. I still remember coming across their '73 Trans Am. Looked absolutely stunning. Then I saw the small plastic by Monogram label. Nearly bought it just for the box art.

• Like 3

• Administrators
5 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Got some cash from family so I have ordered some 3D printed accessories for my 1/2700 Star Destroyer. Now just to wait for them to arrive. 

Carl

Hi Carl. 

Do you have the link? I also have a Star Destroyer!! :D 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, smitty44 said:

Santa loves me......

20201227_124129.jpg

That is a great kit, the only reason I didn’t buy it was that I have a Deagostini Studio Scale Millennium Falcon in my stash. Be very careful with weathering and paint, these do not like enamel and oil washes or paints, a friend of mine found large cracks in his after he used a wash.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, 1to1scale said:

That is a great kit, the only reason I didn’t buy it was that I have a Deagostini Studio Scale Millennium Falcon in my stash. Be very careful with weathering and paint, these do not like enamel and oil washes or paints, a friend of mine found large cracks in his after he used a wash.

I missed out on a Deagostini Falcon that went for $500. Have you picked up any of the upgrades for that beast? 

As for the Bandai plastic not reacting well, the big one I've heard is not to let any of the turpentine or enamel thinner pool on the model when doing washes especially on bare plastic.  Lacquer paints (Mr Color, Tamiya) are okay.  I've built a number of their Star Wars kits and haven't had any adverse affects and used  Gunze's panel wash on it. 

Here's my 1/144 Falcon

IMG_20200713_155954-600x501.jpg IMG_20200713_155938-600x450.jpg

This is their 1/350 Falcon getting attacked by a giant space cat, my first try at a Bandai Falcon.

IMG_20190718_205114-600x450.jpg

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I missed out on a Deagostini Falcon that went for $500. Have you picked up any of the upgrades for that beast? 

Yes, I have been collecting stuff for a few years, I can’t even remember what I bought, but I’m probably going to order more from the above company, I like their engine light kit as well as their cockpit with figures.

• Like 4