The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Not really a recent purchase. I was going through my AM bin trying to find some seat belts. Found them but also found I have a lot of Master Model brass details. I need to do a better job of cataloguing my stash.

PXL_20210310_234542946.thumb.jpg.fec380e4881cbdd2a62322f0155cd077.jpg

I also found in the same bin a parking ticket. Possibly my first. :D

PXL_20210310_234914120.thumb.jpg.50bea8e8d76bd3c84831f0ea150db246.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

It took more time to get to my tiny island, than the original would have needed for the trip, but finally my Vanguard Models Duchess of Kingston arrived. The immense delay was caused by UPS, seemingly not being able to handle the Brexit shakes well.
The box contents oozes quality out of every pore. This kit looks so much better right out of the box, than all other wooden ship kits, I have seen.
The only question is, do I start right now,....

Cheers Rob

IMG_8458.thumb.JPG.e2cdc7062ddcb190d2cdc98d8c599e01.JPG

• Like 10

12 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Not really a recent purchase. I was going through my AM bin trying to find some seat belts. Found them but also found I have a lot of Master Model brass details. I need to do a better job of cataloguing my stash.

PXL_20210310_234542946.thumb.jpg.fec380e4881cbdd2a62322f0155cd077.jpg

I also found in the same bin a parking ticket. Possibly my first. :D

PXL_20210310_234914120.thumb.jpg.50bea8e8d76bd3c84831f0ea150db246.jpg

PAY that ticket soon , Carl, because if Toronto is ANYTHING like this little town, those parking tickets mature like savings bonds.... used to........ before you know it, you'll have to sell the car to pay it out.....:rofl:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

PAY that ticket soon , Carl, because if Toronto is ANYTHING like this little town, those parking tickets mature like savings bonds.... used to........ before you know it, you'll have to sell the car to pay it out.....:rofl:

It's paid already thankfully. The city is linked to the province with regards to parking tickets and won't let you renew your license plate until they're paid. A friend found this out the hard way when he went to renew his plates and found he had $1200 in outstanding parking fines. 

There's no statutes on them either. So the fines don't expire. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

It's paid already thankfully. The city is linked to the province with regards to parking tickets and won't let you renew your license plate until they're paid. A friend found this out the hard way when he went to renew his plates and found he had $1200 in outstanding parking fines. 

There's no statutes on them either. So the fines don't expire. 

That sounds just like here.....

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DocRob said:

It took more time to get to my tiny island, than the original would have needed for the trip, but finally my Vanguard Models Duchess of Kingston arrived. The immense delay was caused by UPS, seemingly not being able to handle the Brexit shakes well.
The box contents oozes quality out of every pore. This kit looks so much better right out of the box, than all other wooden ship kits, I have seen.
The only question is, do I start right now,....

Cheers Rob

IMG_8458.thumb.JPG.e2cdc7062ddcb190d2cdc98d8c599e01.JPG

Now that you have rigged WWI biplanes, you’re fit for a period ship, Rob :D

And you are right, Chris Watton’s kits are the WnW of wooden period ship kits.

Hubert

• Like 5

The first package arrived in my Latest series of acquisitions ...

GQ9cspv.jpg

I finally snaffled the Revel boxing of the Dragon Bf.110C ... There are some markings for a B.o.B bird (the main reason for the purchase of this kit) plus the added bonus of not having to constantly compare the Dragon instructions with the errata sheet i have on standby from the last effort.

FKiqoSf.jpg

And then the first couple of a series of Takom kits For a "Kursk" project ... These "Blitz" kits should do the job nicely! ... 

44RwI8q.jpg

Three more packages inbound ... 2 are modelling related 

Rog :)

• Like 7

15 hours ago, HubertB said:

Now that you have rigged WWI biplanes, you’re fit for a period ship, Rob :D

And you are right, Chris Watton’s kits are the WnW of wooden period ship kits.

Hubert

I think you are right, but I was  too much in the Lozenge business lately, that I'm afraid, I decal the hole hull with plank wood decals instead of using the supplied pear wood :D.

The comparison with WNW is obvious, they are simply top shelf in every aspect, like Vanguard Models.

Cheers Rob

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Landlubber Mike said:

Rhetorical question?  Of course!

Of course, it seems obvious, but the rest of my stash threatens to take over the power in my house. Let's see who wins :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Today box number 2 arrived ...

bUNBIKc.jpg

I had forgotten exactly what I ordered apart from these ...

71fTnSo.jpg

Because I wanted to depict a platoon on the march I needed a few of the same sort and as stated previously these "Blitz" kits seem to be the right kits for the job ... Decal variation for the tank numbers will be provided via a Dragon kit of the same ilk with an oversupply!! ...

KDhk3JD.jpg

I need a Tiger for that Kursk dio (and a Pz.Kfpw.IV Ausf.G) ... But this one is not it ... The markings in THIS box are for Whittmans tiger (options are for both at Kursk and later) ... after seeing the Tiger kit Border is about to release in the not-too-distant future ... AND with the markings for 2 Kursk vehicles in the right unit (S.Pz.Abt 505) - the decision to hold on the Tiger acquisition FOR THE DIO was made ...

This Tiger is a Rye Field Model kit that was on sale with a decent discount. As you can see ... The box is fairly chunky ... This is because the kit contains a full interior AND alternative clear parts for the upper hull and turret ... It will make a great solo display piece ... although without using the markings ...

*** Interlude: I've never felt uncomfortable building or displaying German arms for WWII (or Japanese for that matter) ... even with the crooked black cross thing on the tailplane of aircraft or on flags draped across tanks for IFF. A military arm or weapon is just that - regardless of the regime. However I draw a line at assembling and displaying anything SS related - the politically fanatical wing of the military ... which is why this tank will be displayed without Whittmans makings when it is done. ***

BdKGLEw.jpg

7hEsNob.jpg

I feel that you can never have enough figurines laying about for Panzer crew or auxiliaries ... so I grabbed a couple of boxes that caught my eye. The Tamiya one has 4 complete figures and 4 torso only  :)

Gjpq0lI.jpg

vFUtT3k.jpg

Rog :)

• Like 9

22 hours ago, harv said:

Man, I wish I had your modeling budget ...harv

lol ... I wish I had my modelling budget!!!

22 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Isn’t that a fact, what’s the stash sitting at now Rog.......

Lost count ... know I can go in the stash room and get petty much whatever I want whenever I want though :)

• Like 2