The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

So. I've gone and done a decent amount of overtime in the last month and now i have (that'll be had now) some free cash to spend on myself.

So as mentioned in Jeroen's thread i've ordered a nice Brassin Fw190 F8 BMW801 set.

Also ordered Brassin Fw190 A8 cockpit set, AIMS Ju88 C6 Dayfighter resin set and Ju88 Fighters decal sheet.

• Like 8

This Meng Rolls-Royce armoured car arrived in the mail today. 1/35 large scale? Well, not in this case.

It's going to build up small. I've heard that a truly accurate 1914 model can't be built from this model due

to things like the turret being too tall and staggered vision slits etc. Well, anyway, I'm going to build a 1920 pattern version but without the sand tires. They are nice, but I don't like the look of them. Instead,

I've purchased some resin replacement 1920 disc wheels. I'll show them when they arrive. I haven't

built anything in awhile. I'm working on getting my workspace organized. I'm not sure if I'll get back to the

Renault Ft or do something else. Anyway here's a picture of the Meng kit. It really looks a nice kit.

IMG_20210318_2231268_rewind_kindlephoto-22709946.jpg

• Like 9

10 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Anyway here's a picture of the Meng kit. It really looks a nice kit

Wow, took me straight back to a Wilbur Smith novel I read in my youth, Cry Wolf. would be great to see this built!

Cheers

Kev 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Jackster said:

Wow, took me straight back to a Wilbur Smith novel I read in my youth, Cry Wolf. would be great to see this built!

Cheers

Kev 

I looked up Cry Wolf on my Kindle. It's available as an E-book from Amazon for $ 9.99. Looks like an interesting read as do Wilbur Smith's other books.

• Like 4

Nice haul Bill, The Hansa Brandenburg is a beauty and great to build, the Pfalz, I missed to buy and this is one of two or three WNW kits, I'd still like to add to my stash. Well the Pup, never had real feelings for her, but you will make her a masterpiece.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

:omg: my stash has just reached 15.............

but seriously..........new purchase all for under £30.00.......looking through the sprues RFM are going to give Dragon a run for their money. The mouldings are very sharp and detail looks in some case better than Dragon. Fit who knows.....Also even at RRP they are two thirds the cost of Dragon.......I’m excited about RFM coming to the market......Also it has an engine but no interior......

99824050-E818-426A-BF39-A31E99E2620A.thumb.jpeg.d4767d0bd9d0d46369443d3ca7644ee8.jpeg

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Straight from the Ukraine! Looking it over it appears to be really 1st class. Excellent detail, etc. I will likely do the silver finish.

Please WIP this strange looking flying thingy. It looks like it has been part in the notorious films of the Sharknado series :D.

Cheers Rob

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Please WIP this strange looking flying thingy. It looks like it has been part in the notorious films of the Sharknado series :D.

Cheers Rob

LOL Rob! When I get around to building it I will do a WIP for sure. Certainly is a strange looking bird. :)

• Like 6

On 3/18/2021 at 5:17 AM, AlanG said:

So as mentioned in Jeroen's thread i've ordered a nice Brassin Fw190 F8 BMW801 set.

You'll not be disappointed Alan...

It's a stunning piece of miniature engineering, from the details to the way it all fits together.

Just picked up for my example...

Some Hobby Design 0.8mm resin connectors (yes, I know they're meant for scale model autos, don't judge me). I'm needing to replace the spark plugs on my '801 motor, and want to see if I can make these fit for purpose.

IMG_20210327_191653.thumb.jpg.9543c8f3659b27ed664967361359df8c.jpg

Time will tell...

S

• Like 7

(Insert Grace Randolph meme here) Soooooo ... Package number 4 arrived today - Yeppers that's Sunday here in WA ... BNA Modelworld have this weird obsession with using couriers for interstate shipping. I have no idea why since on their e-Bay web page they advertised Australia Post ... Consequently, instead of arriving inside the usual week and a half this package took 3 weeks. Note to fellow Aussies ... avoid using Aramex/Fastway (or Sloway as I prefer to refer to them).

euKklw5.jpg

Ok ... I'm impressed with Border Model ... I like their style ... Some may not and that's ok ... but I decided I'd like to get into their kits of the back of a really good look at their in box reviews ... (Insert G.R. "Soooooo") I grabbed these 5 ...

Out of all 5 ... This is the likely first build ... as it would be for the Kursk setup I'm looking at. Ironically it's also kit number 1 in their lineup.

btl7hTX.jpg

For some odd reason they skipped a Pz.IV release for kit number 2 and went for a modern Leopard ... I skipped that one and went for kit number 3 ... and earlier model short barrelled F.1 ...

ZxCfJUJ.jpg

I don't know whether the idea for the Leopard was a pre production aberration or theirs ... but pretty much everything since that kit (including their up coming 1/35 aircraft) has followed the WWII line ... and kit number 4 follows a more logical sequence - An F.2 / (early) G ...

Z3034e3.jpg

The next of Border's kit releases (number 5) looks at the peak of up gunning / up armouring / up spec-ing of the Pz.IV - the Ausf.H ... with 4 bonus "chaps" included in this kit ...

nKG8KRX.jpg

And the final version of the Pz.IV which was partly an attempt at lightening the vehicle to give it more speed and agility - the Ausf.J ...

amI4cpG.jpg

Once the Border Tiger.I kit hits the shelves here along with the Mk.III Crusader ... I'll snaffle another purchase ... meanwhile I'll halt here and start working out a dio template ...

Rog :)

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Rog, are you going to do a WIP?

That's the plan with the Kursk Dio :) ...

Just setting a few things up here at home ... In the next day or so I'll be starting some assembly with the Pz.III Takom kits ... and drawing up my dio plan on butcher paper ...

Rog :)

• Like 5