Jump to content

Soo.... What did you just get???


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, harv said:

Returned from my trip and found this Beaty on the porch.....harv

20210603_113942.jpg

My one got here on Monday. Still haven't looked in the box but seeing Cees' build its definitely purty.

Carl

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

IMG_8841.thumb.JPG.b3d592582048ee0641e7b027380eec17.JPG

  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DocRob said:

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

IMG_8841.thumb.JPG.b3d592582048ee0641e7b027380eec17.JPG

Nice catch Rob as it looks very cool. 

Good thinking on the stencils as well. :lol: Must admit the number of stencils on Phantoms has always made me a bit wary of building one. However, if HKM ever produce their 1/32 Spey one......

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

IMG_8841.thumb.JPG.b3d592582048ee0641e7b027380eec17.JPG

I picked one last month. It is indeed a very nice kit. They've got a more standard scheme Kai coming next. 

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Nice catch Rob as it looks very cool. 

Good thinking on the stencils as well. :lol: Must admit the number of stencils on Phantoms has always made me a bit wary of building one. However, if HKM ever produce their 1/32 Spey one......

The amount of stencils on a Japanese F-4 is a bit mind boggling. Here's the kit one. 

69111502_PXL_20210608_2208181082.thumb.jpg.423548114018c42edaef2b4d2d8ebb8e.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I picked one last month. It is indeed a very nice kit. They've got a more standard scheme Kai coming next. 

I've seen yours and it raised my interest. I'm aware of the more plain future boxing, but it was the disco glitter livery, which sealed the deal.
 

4 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Have I been an influencer……….heaven forbid……..Rob you will love the ZM, yes the stencils did take a long time but quite therapeutic……..at sometime I might just do another F4 from ZM…….the tolerances are similar to WnW a paint coat will through it off…….

It seems like you have to adopt to a new role :D, LSM Head of Advanced Influence or HAI in short, reads nice on a business card. Actually I like being influenced and got my  purse drained, at least model wise :rofl:. The F-4 could easily be my next build, lets see.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 2
  • Haha 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, DocRob said:

Today, among some long awaited vinyls, the postwoman brought me that beauty, a Japanese version of the F-4E in it's final livery from the Japanese Airforce in 2020. 
Why, some of you might ask, will you buy a ZM F-4 with the Tamiya one on the shelves soon. I got three reasons:
- First and most important, I couldn't resist the disco inferno paintjob with glitter decals, luckily printed by Cartograph
- I wanted a long nose Phantom, because I have a F-4B boxing from Eduard with all AM and who knows, if and when Tamiya decides to produce one.
- Lastly, because the kit got a lot of praise, not the least here from Phil here.

All that turned out enough to counter the arising stencil drama, where at least, I wouldn't discover if they are wrongly orientated, being Japanese ;).

Cheers Rob

IMG_8841.thumb.JPG.b3d592582048ee0641e7b027380eec17.JPG

I also got the kit and man those decals.

I purchased mine to do a two-tone ocean black panther scheme now will do the kit DECALS!!!!  I hope they re release this kit

it’s sold out fast

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...