The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

10 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Well Gaz …

I’m a few hundred kilometres away from the kits now … but I guess I’ll find out about any issues when I start building them … it’s still looking to be a much easier task than building the dragon kit!!

Rog :)

Rog...  I'm talking about holes that could have been made with a 1/35 scale152mm gun.  Not about blemishes that can be fixed with a lick of putty.

191005932_1185946651872074_8975416649748

188833106_1185946665205406_5165205739467

188341013_1185946668538739_3020721312814

• Like 3
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Rog...  I'm talking about holes that could have been made with a 1/35 scale152mm gun.  Not about blemishes that can be fixed with a lick of putty.

191005932_1185946651872074_8975416649748

188833106_1185946665205406_5165205739467

188341013_1185946668538739_3020721312814

ok Gaz I get your point buddy  … but

A/ I now own the models so whatever is in - or not in - the box is mine to deal with now  …

B/ what can I do about it 100s of kilometres away from them while working?? … And most importantly …

C/ when I do get back to them in 2 weeks from now -  what do you suggest I do about it exactly?!?

The above comments might sound a little harsh or like I’m annoyed but I’ve had a running battle trying to deal Davey Byrden’s constant poo-poo-ing and negativity which approaches levels that would send the average modeller suicidal.

Providing the tracks go together as indicated and your Joe-average modeller can fix any issues that may present themselves in assembly … the kit is accurate enough for what I need it for … much cheaper and less complex than it’s Dragon counterpart - with a better track assembly type (now that Dragon are using those crappy DS tracks) and with more “extras” included in the box .., If Dragon hadn’t dropped the ball by removing the Premium kits from the market - I would suffer the additional expense and  and count the additional attention to accuracy as a bonus.

I looked at the video review on Andy’s Model Headquarters … there didn’t seem to be any manufacturing issues there - just a few whinging Dragon fanboys like Davey in the comments  … but I will flick through the box when I get home before I start my Pz.III build thread and see if there’s any issues.

Cheers

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

ok Gaz I get your point buddy  … but

A/ I now own the models so whatever is in - or not in - the box is mine to deal with now  …

B/ what can I do about it 100s of kilometres away from them while working?? … And most importantly …

C/ when I do get back to them in 2 weeks from now -  what do you suggest I do about it exactly?!?

The above comments might sound a little harsh or like I’m annoyed but I’ve had a running battle trying to deal Davey Byrden’s constant poo-poo-ing and negativity which approaches levels that would send the average modeller suicidal.

Providing the tracks go together as indicated and your Joe-average modeller can fix any issues that may present themselves in assembly … the kit is accurate enough for what I need it for … much cheaper and less complex than it’s Dragon counterpart - with a better track assembly type (now that Dragon are using those crappy DS tracks) and with more “extras” included in the box .., If Dragon hadn’t dropped the ball by removing the Premium kits from the market - I would suffer the additional expense and  and count the additional attention to accuracy as a bonus.

I looked at the video review on Andy’s Model Headquarters … there didn’t seem to be any manufacturing issues there - just a few whinging Dragon fanboys like Davey in the comments  … but I will flick through the box when I get home before I start my Pz.III build thread and see if there’s any issues.

Cheers

My point was:  If they sit in your stash for a year or two, it might be too late (for whatever reason) to ask for a refund or replacement parts. 

• Like 6

Just arrived after it's trip from Australia - Shipping times were very good 2.5 weeks including a 3-4 day stay in LA for customs, at a very reasonable cost.

The Tempest is going to be built right after the P-39 :(. Would just love to dive in right now

Keep 'em comin

Peter

BLqBaT.jpg

• Like 11

That's a pretty good version of a real ugly head right there...

Dolman Miniatures do a 90mm version, and also a white metal 1/35th scale 'Wild Bill'. Not as faithful as their recent Aces figures unfortunately.

http://dolmanminiatures.com/figures-90mm/15-wild-bill.html

6 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I'm their only son in law so does that make me their favourite by default?:D

No...

You could still be constantly compared to an old flame who dated your Wife 10 or 20 years ago who's only redeeming quality was his Engineering degree that you didn't sit for.

It's a thing. It could happen. Probably...

S

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

No...

You could still be constantly compared to an old flame who dated your Wife 10 or 20 years ago who's only redeeming quality was his Engineering degree that you didn't sit for.

It's a thing. It could happen. Probably...

S

Thankfully Sue's parents haven't compared me to any of her previous boyfriends or ex-fiance. And conversely, mine haven't done that with her. 

In all honesty, both Sue and I think that our folks are just relieved that we each found someone  to get married to. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Thankfully Sue's parents haven't compared me to any of her previous boyfriends or ex-fiance. And conversely, mine haven't done that with her.

That's because they're all obviously reasonable people Carl, which is always a good thing when it comes to Families.

Although, if they were privy to what goes on down in that basement... :ph34r:

S

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wumm said:

Why is that Cat carrying a purse?

And don't say...

"Because he has no pockets."

S

Actually it's a cat bib. It's supposed to help reduce their chances at catching birds. Supposed to anyways. 

Doesn't impede his skills at catching rats and mice though. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

What is wrong with catching birds, they have an unfair vertical advantage to began with LOL

The only thing wrong is he's quite exceptional at it. So it helps to level the odds a bit 

Domestic cats kill a high number of wild birds so we're just trying to minimize his impact there. 

It also helps identify him as he wanders the neighbourhood.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1