The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

2 minutes ago, GusMac said:

Cuuute!

Big feet, if he grows to fit those, he's going to be pretty big Carl.

I know but Sue picked him so I don't want to scare her. 

He's 9 weeks old on Tuesday and I think he's around 15 lbs already. He was one of three in the litter which partly explains why he's so big but we'll find tomorrow at the vet what they say. 

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Bill_S said:

Last one. Til the next one.

I have this one too and I'm really eager to built it, but the rigging...
I also have among other goodies for the FE.2b these figures, which I plan to use, as they are the most dramatic duo in resin history :D.

The Fighting Fees Pilot/Gunner for Fe.2b, Wings Cockpit Figures RFC07 B (scalemates.com)

Cheers Rob

• Like 8

Got a great deal (at least I think so) delivered today:

HKM  Lancaster Mk.I / Mk.III / Dambuster kit,  Master Model gun barrel set,  Eduard Brassin wheels,  Big Ed sets 1 & 2, Kits World general markings, and Kits World Lonesome Lola markings.

All for $370.00 ...... with shipping included.

I'm happy !!

I was shocked at how big and heavy the box is.

-Scott

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Black Friday killed my wallet , but would I happen to buy all these kits (and some colors) another day, I would file bankruptcy by now :D.

The more I see (and have) of the Copper State Model kits, the more I love them. Plastic looks perfect, the subjects are right down my alley and the manuals are the best in business :2c:, even better than WNW ones.

IMG_9537.thumb.JPG.610c233faf3b1afe753ed96cc81460a4.JPG  

I read somewhere, that the Romfell looks like a Steam Punk Bat Mobile and it does. I'm not sure, I build it as a replica or go the Steam Punk way, which was my initial idea, when I saw it announced.

IMG_9538.thumb.JPG.3e7658d597a8342c310baf7633677d03.JPG

Uhuuu, 48 scale, stone him. I couldn't resist, The Tomcat, the Romfell added with some RC colors and shipping was less than the Tomcat normally costs, I couldn't let this pass.

IMG_9540.thumb.JPG.3f6a408a07e91002ac7029ad7beee2c4.JPG

Finally something else. A demanding car kit, with a simple paintjob (only base color), but delicate decals, which plaster the whole body, sometimes with multiple layers.

IMG_9539.thumb.JPG.0cfe0fc179a50e51400d04469b60546b.JPG

Cheers Rob

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Nice assortment of kits there Rob. I've heard that Belkits are nice but to watch out for the instructions as they can be a bit unclear.

I've done a couple cars where the paintwork has been just decals. Some work best when you use a hair dryer or a cloth dipped in hot water to get them to fit around curves and creases. 

Carl

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice assortment of kits there Rob. I've heard that Belkits are nice but to watch out for the instructions as they can be a bit unclear.

I've done a couple cars where the paintwork has been just decals. Some work best when you use a hair dryer or a cloth dipped in hot water to get them to fit around curves and creases. 

Thanks Carl, I browsed through the kits and yes, the Belkits instructions seem to be a bit confusing. I used a hair dryer on decals before, but never used hot dampened cloth. I may try that, as it sounds completely reasonable. Luckily the decals are printed by Cartograph.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

21 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

don't tease me marine ! :)

but-the-tank-taster-memes-c859dce2149584

Love pictures like that but always wonder if the crews have spines left after that lands. Not sure the shock absorbers are quite up to that sort of impact! 🤕 

• Like 1

On 12/16/2021 at 9:29 AM, DocRob said:

Black Friday killed my wallet , but would I happen to buy all these kits (and some colors) another day, I would file bankruptcy by now :D.

The more I see (and have) of the Copper State Model kits, the more I love them. Plastic looks perfect, the subjects are right down my alley and the manuals are the best in business :2c:, even better than WNW ones.

IMG_9537.thumb.JPG.610c233faf3b1afe753ed96cc81460a4.JPG  

I read somewhere, that the Romfell looks like a Steam Punk Bat Mobile and it does. I'm not sure, I build it as a replica or go the Steam Punk way, which was my initial idea, when I saw it announced.

IMG_9538.thumb.JPG.3e7658d597a8342c310baf7633677d03.JPG

Uhuuu, 48 scale, stone him. I couldn't resist, The Tomcat, the Romfell added with some RC colors and shipping was less than the Tomcat normally costs, I couldn't let this pass.

IMG_9540.thumb.JPG.3f6a408a07e91002ac7029ad7beee2c4.JPG

Finally something else. A demanding car kit, with a simple paintjob (only base color), but delicate decals, which plaster the whole body, sometimes with multiple layers.

IMG_9539.thumb.JPG.0cfe0fc179a50e51400d04469b60546b.JPG

Cheers Rob

Rob

Nice score on Black Friday - all interesting and Evidence of a very varied modeling diet. I have three 1/48 Tamiya F-14 Tomcats in the stash and one already built and those in the stash we’re all purchased with Quinta Decal Sets as well. I’ve started an F-14A kit as I’m now on a slight hold with my Mustang waiting for painting and finishing supplies to arrive. 
I’m hoping to start a build thread today for the Tomcat as I have been tinkering with the kit on and off while in the various hold periods for the P-51.

The Nieuport does look tempting but my record with kits with two wings and rigging is: zero completed.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1