The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

On 2/24/2022 at 5:40 AM, Artful69 said:

While I know that, at some point, I'm likely to get lynched for not starting a build thread with all the Kursk gear I've been building up - I have to say that it can't be helped ... I haven't really had the time to relax and do a lot of build work ... mostly because I'm catching up with other, long overdue, chores or looking for my next job.

I HAVE, however, had time to hunt around for some more gear to add to the collection ... 

As I am inclined to do, with the sort of purchases I make, I build up a few "rewards" points with a variety of local (meaning Australian) outlets ... and along with some sort of periodical sale late last year, it netted me this:

DekZoy2.jpg

Sometime late last year a couple of things happened at around the same time ... I saw the latest movie about The Battle Of Midway and Infinity model advised that it was going to be releasing 32 scale Val's and Kate's this year ... that definitely got the creative ideas flowing for Pacific war subjects ... so I snagged these around Christmas time from one of my main suppliers ...

UsYV8Cx.jpg

GYuVTin.jpg

Apparently the Avenger will need some small modifying to turn it into the correct variant for Midway - have a really nice example of a build bookmarked for this purpose - though no build thread :( ... and the SBD will need some small decal adjustment for Best's kite ... Thach's Wildcat will happen curtesy of this kit which I had to go to a previously unused suppler for ... 

Vl73x2U.jpg

- eventually - as I ordered special decals from an AM supplier in the US ... which were promptly returned to the sender by USPS! Not all that happy with the moron either, who - 1/ instead of asking if I'd like the refund first (as opposed to waiting for restrictions to ease - and reattempting postage) - 2/ refunded me the amount - less fees which, along with the currency transfer, incurred me a loss ... and then 3/ blamed MY COUNTRY for HIS COUNTRY'S shipping restrictions!! (insert some VERY profane words here!!) 🤬

*** IF anyone knows where I can get some 32 scale Decals (or masks) for Thach's markings OUTSIDE the USA ... please give me a heads up - TIA ***

To "bulk out" the order for the free shipping ... I grabbed some Grenadier figures to use - because you can never have too many different poses :)

1dQ8nWZ.jpg

KUxnLy1.jpg

At around the same time I used some more reward points to pre-purchase this monster ... The Das Werk 1/16 StuG ... Because the PzKpfwIII chassis is my favourite :) ... It just arrived at the post office yesterday ...

U5UHMsA.jpg

It also gave a profile that I'll put to use for my TAKOM 35 scale StuG ...

mjpACAt.jpg?1

While I was looking around to source the new Great Wall Hobby P.40 ... I ended up reading a little about the Ki.43 Hayabusa ... Although completely different, it used the same philosophy in design and was commonly referred to as the "army Zero" ... looking around online for one proved to be a bit of a headache though, as it seems Hasegawa is rolling back production on 32 scale AC models. This prompted another splurge in buying ... Particularly Hasegawa Kits!! ... but also others ...

This order, from a local supplier, arrived yesterday also ...

I wanted the StuH.42 for the Kursk gear and also, maybe, I may have use for the Marder.I ... The Hasegawa George happened to be in stock along with a couple of sets of Master's phenomenal turned brass ...

HjuNJDk.jpg

6bHPvBQ.jpg

UNR8rNE.jpg

1riF2nf.jpg

There is another order from a local supplier that is stuck in the traffic jam due to train line damage that recent el-weirdo weather conditions caused. So that one will be posted here once it arrives ...

Meanwhile I got busy internationally :) ... Ordering kits out of Japan or Hong Kong (from local manufacturers in the region) is usually much cheaper that buying them here ... there's a catch though (isn't there always??) ... Shipping is prohibitively expensive IF you are only buying the one kit!

If you are buying in bulk, however ... shipping is a boon! ... the shipping cost per item decreases exponentially ... most times ... Apparently Japan has followed the USA's example of "banning" certain countries ... although there ARE workarounds with certain global couriers.

I've got a couple of orders still inbound from Hong Kong along with the delayed package ex-east coast ... but this one arrived from Plaza Japan today ...

SzEIHwo.jpg

With a little "thank you" note and gift :)

EuAzcr5.jpg

... And a few Hasegawa Kits ...

zLqxk9J.jpg

CyKZDyU.jpg

vgnqanp.jpg

Along with this re-release of an old kit that fascinated me when I first saw it a couple of years back ...

ll7S36l.jpg

Thats all for now ... more to post later

Rog :)

Rog

Now that's one fantastic haul and could be part of the reason there is a world wide shortage. Enjoy and looking forward to a few build threads.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Somehow I've managed to misplace my Chopper mitre cutter that one uses for cutting styrene. How, I have no idea. 

Anyways, I stopped by the LHS as it was next to a Home Depot I had to go to. I picked up some Evergreen strip for the Lancaster on my bench. Wandering around I noticed they carry RP Tools and had their Mitre cutter in. I've wanted one for a while but:

1)- they're not that cheap 

2)- I already had The Chopper 

But not being able to locate said Chopper u guess was enough impetus to buy one. That and it was cheaper than online. 

PXL_20220228_184845177.thumb.jpg.4b99a44926c7cec9d89415ef08d01837.jpg

This is one nice piece of kit. 

PXL_20220228_185039353_MP.thumb.jpg.1f5cd10c3fc961a4ea89db7c8132a727.jpg

Got home and the post woman had a package for me. Like Rog, I'm finding Tamiya kits are starting to go up so I finally got a Tamiya Mustang for hopefully using on the Turbo Cavalier conversion.

PXL_20220228_192242598_MP.thumb.jpg.ab3766a5ccc2143e6c359cbf24372bff.jpg

Also had some cement and paints in the same order. 

PXL_20220228_192215765.thumb.jpg.79727bd296afbbaa4cfd4a83fe3113da.jpg

PXL_20220228_192156480.thumb.jpg.78fe82563f6081abf0699ea00a83343d.jpg

Mostly blacks for the Lancaster. Hope it's enough. 

Carl

Edited by BlrwestSiR
Fix typo
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

But ot being able to locate said Chopper u guess was enough impetus to buy one. That and it was cheaper than online. 

The Rp-Toolz one is worth it, Best cutter in town.

Cheers Rob

• Like 6

I went to the local hobby store today to find something for the upcoming group build and this is all they had. T-71B is probably the most common tank out there and has been for several decades. Just need to find some decent pictures. 

DA31A7E4-C0E3-437E-91B2-DD18DAD89E89.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/28/2022 at 3:18 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

Somehow I've managed to misplace my Chopper mitre cutter that one uses for cutting styrene. How, I have no idea. 

Anyways, I stopped by the LHS as it was next to a Home Depot I had to go to. I picked up some Evergreen strip for the Lancaster on my bench. Wandering around I noticed they carry RP Tools and had their Mitre cutter in. I've wanted one for a while but:

1)- they're not that cheap 

2)- I already had The Chopper 

But not being able to locate said Chopper u guess was enough impetus to buy one. That and it was cheaper than online. 

PXL_20220228_184845177.thumb.jpg.4b99a44926c7cec9d89415ef08d01837.jpg

This is one nice piece of kit. 

PXL_20220228_185039353_MP.thumb.jpg.1f5cd10c3fc961a4ea89db7c8132a727.jpg

Got home and the post woman had a package for me. Like Rog, I'm finding Tamiya kits are starting to go up so I finally got a Tamiya Mustang for hopefully using on the Turbo Cavalier conversion.

PXL_20220228_192242598_MP.thumb.jpg.ab3766a5ccc2143e6c359cbf24372bff.jpg

Also had some cement and paints in the same order. 

PXL_20220228_192215765.thumb.jpg.79727bd296afbbaa4cfd4a83fe3113da.jpg

PXL_20220228_192156480.thumb.jpg.78fe82563f6081abf0699ea00a83343d.jpg

Mostly blacks for the Lancaster. Hope it's enough. 

Carl

Carl

Some mighty nice supplies arrived plus the Tamiya Mustang, sign of the times I guess as prices just continually keep rising for everything.

The RP Chopper Toolz Chopper does look so much more tool like and has some nice features from what I see as compared to either the NWSL or Micro Choppers Choppers, of which I had both but now, just the one from Micro Mark.

I do have the RP Toolz products and find 100% quality: The Hexagonal Punch Set RP-HPD.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 7

I am absolutely blown away by the shape and detail. Truly 21st century kits. Plus, Mug-29 and FW  are my favourite, notwithstanding the fact that the Su-27 is probably the sexiest flying machine EVER :) LIKE "EVER"  :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

On 3/10/2022 at 3:18 PM, Martinnfb said:

This landed on my table from Texas. Thank you Ernie!!!

byee 1/32 jets. ;)  

41C74A52-95E6-4AA0-AC5A-6355713DB308.jpeg

3112EDAF-274F-4159-A3CF-8F9A36265FEC.jpeg

2BDA68C5-4865-410E-A34C-F9F0A8805A66.jpeg

11BA6C34-719A-4F8B-914B-D5E2483A938B.jpeg

Well, that pushed me over the edge. I've just ordered the Slovak Mig-29. Hopefully it won't arrive until I'm back from visiting my sister in Wisconsin. Don't need any porch pirates snagging it. 

Carl

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Bomber_County said:

hopefully not anymore stress

Probably a lot more now. Going to be a farm manager. So the buck stops with me now. But i also get bigger bonuses lol

Got the IV for a very good price inc del off evilbay. Much cheaper then i had seen it anywhere else. Andy's Hobby Headquarters gave it a very good review and i really liked the zimmerit decals. I'm not into making my own zimm like i'd have to if i had bought the Borders kit.

• Like 3

This came today: A Copper State Models Belgian Minerva Armoured car in 1/35

scale. Looks like a nice kit. Also have an Austin armoured car from Miniart coming.

Just had a look in the box; Very nicely packaged, A thick instruction manual with lots of text and photos, finely molded parts, and great detail.One thing however, this is going to be a small model when built up. 

DSCN0479_kindlephoto-49335580.jpg

• Like 5

15 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

This came today: A Copper State Models Belgian Minerva Armoured car in 1/35

I have the same in stash along the Romfell and some 48 and 32 planes from CSM. Great kits and the instructions are even better than these from Wingnut Wings :2c:.
I bought some French equipment and a resin figure of a Belgian soldier along the Minerva.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4