The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Got some deliveries today:  

From Polish maker IBG Models I got their 75mm French Field Gun Mle  1897.

Opening the box reveals a truly diminutive model; with tiny ,delicate-looking parts and

sub- microscopic photo etch. Also included is a small decal sheet that has some of the

tiniest stencils I've ever seen. I find it cool that the maker has bothered to include these!

People will remember that Alfred Dreyfus was accused ,among other things, of revealing

secrets regarding the development of this iconic gun. I also got today several bottles of Tamiya semi-gloss clear----this time from their acrylic offerings.

DSCN0563_kindlephoto-20174881.jpg

DSCN0561_kindlephoto-18018240.jpg

• Like 6

Just ordered this little beauty. I know it's not LSM as it's 1:48 but i was going to make the "Russian Knights" version but that is SOOOO not going to happen now. So i ordered the Foxbot Su-27 digital camo mask/decal set instead straight from Ukraine. Been conversing with the shop owner there and he says it may take a little extra time getting to the UK because they are having to send everything via Poland. But i'm cool with that. Just feels nice to put some money into their hands at this time.

Image 1 - Foxbot 48-047A Sukhoi Su-27P, Ukranian Air Forces, digital camouflage 1:48 decal

Also been talking to Robert from Schatton Modellbau. And just ordered this lovely conversion too. Could be quite a busy year for me lol

Boxart German Bordkanone BK 5 cm 3209 Schatton Modellbau

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

From Polish maker IBG Models I got their 75mm French Field Gun Mle  1897.

Nice Haul, there is even a classic cocktail named after this gun, the 'French 75'

Cheers Rob

• Like 7

12 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice Haul, there is even a classic cocktail named after this gun, the 'French 75'

Cheers Rob

Got to try that some time😀 The recipe:

1. In a cocktail shaker, combine gin, lemon juice, and simple syrup; fill with ice, and shake vigorously.
  2. Strain into a chilled Champagne flute or highball glass (partly filled with ice, if preferred).
  3. Top with sparkling wine until filled. Garnish with a lemon twist.
  • Like 5

Got this today: From Miniart, their 1/35 scale Avro 671 Rota MK.I RAF.

I've been thinking about buying one of these autogyro kits for some time and,

given current circumstances, I decided now was the time. Miniart offers French, German,

and Spanish versions of this aircraft; both military and civilian. I was for either buying the

French version or this one. I chose the Avro built one; liking its painting choices the best.

This looks like a great kit and I'm looking forward to building it. I'm leaning towards building the version with the trainer yellow lower fuselage.

Screenshot_20220416-170232_kindlephoto-14724492.png

Screenshot_20220416-170326_kindlephoto-14665534.png

Screenshot_20220416-170454_kindlephoto-14803256.png

Screenshot_20220416-170426_kindlephoto-14847962.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, harv said:

I thought about getting something like this a few years ago....harv

Well Harv, even though I've had the kit for only a little while, I would say I would recommend it. It is smaller than I thought and although lately, I've been having troubles with my eyesight, I don't think I'll have trouble building it. I'm currently using 2x magnified

Glasses with led lights on them on my current build and it's in 1/16 scale! I find 1/35

scale models always look larger in their YouTube reviews! Anyway, I think its a pretty cool model and as always, I like unusual subjects.

• Like 4

Got these today:

From ABER, their Russian D-10T 100mm tank barrel for T-55 (35 L-07) and 

from StAR DECALS their 35-1338 Tanks & AFVs in CUBA 2 both for 1/35 scale.

There is also a decal sheet from STAR that offers markings for pre- Soviet vehicles, mostly U.S, but also a British Comet tank. I may purchase that one as well as its pre-Castro apparently. My dad was born in Cuba, he would prefer that.

srd35c1338.jpg

i5159.jpg

Screenshot_20220418-155529_kindlephoto-71589816.png

• Like 6

Some sci-fi and movie stuff.

PXL_20220423_000047205.thumb.jpg.af92d61ccff263e53a729a13e93aa14b.jpg

This is an all new kit by Hasegawa and not a re-box. 

PXL_20220423_000022823.thumb.jpg.8e05a926416fd75cbb63b33a20f38539.jpg

I missed out on the Tumbler when it was first issued so when BanDai just reissued it with the new Batmobile I grabbed it. I think the new Batmobile looks a Dodge Charger and would fit into one of the Fast and Furious films nicely. 

• Like 6

The Su-25 got my attention after viewing some footage of an Ukranian Airshow.

The A-7 II is something I was looking for the last months. But this one had a reasonable price.

Just like the the F-22 from I Love Kit. A friend owed me a favor and this is it. I don´t know if its worth the retail prize. But after the first look, there is not much thats better than the Hasegawa kit. Except the ammo.

20220419_193609.jpg

20220422_184012.jpg

canvas.png

• Like 7

Got these today: From Hobby Boss their Skoda PA-II turtle in 1/35 scale. I've

been looking for either the Hobby Boss or Takom kit of this bizarre vehicle

for some time with only the Hobby Boss Kit available at this time. This my first

Hobby Boss kit and I think it looks pretty good. You know a vehicle is weird-looking

when you need a  molded-in arrow to tell you which end is the front! The kit offers two

sets of rubber tires, photo etch, and decals for a few different versions.

I also got a set of rubber brushes (silicone) from Mig-Ammo. They're used to apply

pigment and paint to models like a rubber stamp. I have an armored car kit from Copper

State Models that has fine script on the radiator grille that I couldn't think of how to paint

until I saw these. We'll see how that works out.

DSCN0579_kindlephoto-240280785.jpg

DSCN0578_kindlephoto-240114014.jpg

amm7606_1_kindlephoto-240217095.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Let us know how those rubber brushes work out. I could see them be very useful for many things. 

Carl

Will do.

Until then, here's a video from the Mig-

Ammo YouTube channel explaining

how rubber brushes are used to apply pigment.

• Thanks 4

7 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Will do.

Until then, here's a video from the Mig-

Ammo YouTube channel explaining

how rubber brushes are used to apply pigment.

Thanks for showing the rubber brushes, I will try them with pigments, as I can see the benefits. But mostly they could be a tool, I was looking for since a long time, for applying decals. Should be comfy to push on decals with these, to get rid of water or air bubbles, trapped under the decal.

BTW, I love the Skoda turtle, such a nice, steam punk like design, but the camo will be a challenge.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Thanks for showing the rubber brushes, I will try them with pigments, as I can see the benefits. But mostly they could be a tool, I was looking for since a long time, for applying decals. Should be comfy to push on decals with these, to get rid of water or air bubbles, trapped under the decal.

BTW, I love the Skoda turtle, such a nice, steam punk like design, but the camo will be a challenge.

Cheers Rob

Thanks.

The Turtle kit also has a panzer grey option as used by the Germans that I'll probably

do, but the Austrian police camouflage version looks tempting; using the silly putty method may help with that. I saw a modeler online use a Sharpie to make the thin, black,

demarcation lines between the colors.

• Like 5

These came in the mail today:

Decal sheets from Star Decals.

First, is their decal sheet 35-C 1337 Tanks & AFVs in CUBA 1 🇨🇺 ; featuring 1/35 decals for

a  M4A3E8 HVSS Sherman, A34 MK1B Comet,  M3A1 Scout car, Staghound  MK1, M8 Greyhound, and a M3A1 Stuart. I'll go for probably, the Sherman.

Also in 1/16 scale, is their sheet 16-003 Leningrad Front T-34 m/1943. This is  for a white

wash camouflage T-34/ '43.  I have a Trumpeter 1/16 T-34/ '43.

srd35c1337.jpg

srd16003_kindlephoto-53933635.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2022 at 2:26 PM, belugawhaleman said:

I saw a modeler online use a Sharpie to make the thin, black,

Maybe use a Gundam marker for the lines? They're made by Gunze and come in different widths and colours. 

• Like 4

On 4/24/2022 at 7:26 PM, belugawhaleman said:

Thanks.

The Turtle kit also has a panzer grey option as used by the Germans that I'll probably

do, but the Austrian police camouflage version looks tempting; using the silly putty method may help with that. I saw a modeler online use a Sharpie to make the thin, black,

I never thought it through completely, but wouldn't it be possible to paint the entire turtle in black, using a Molotow masking pen for masking the demacration lines and then spray the camo. If the Molotow masking pens adhere well enough, it should be possible. It was my first thought for a  French Schneider tank, but then I changed my mind and will built it as Spanish Republican tank.

Cheers Rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1