The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Yeah, this one rolled in fast. It was bad enough that we even got warnings on our cell phone about it maybe 10 minutes before it hit.  Sue and I were out walking and just made it home. 

Unfortunately 2 people were killed by falling trees during the storm. 

• Sad 3

On the lake where we live, it seems the hills, trees and lake itself hamper the storms abit. But we have had sevrral inches of rain We have unbelievable amountsof lightning. Some of the storms had gusts up to 40 mph. Some areasaround us have had damage from the wind....harv

• Like 2

New today from Tamiya ; their  MATILDA MK.III/IV "RED ARMY" (35355)

I remember their earlier 1970's Matilda release which I built while recovering from

back surgery while in college. I think there were some scale issues with it or something

but it seemed fine with me. This re-tooled version looks pretty good. I chose this version

for the workable tracks. I didn't know the "Reds" used Matildas honestly.

DSCN0635_kindlephoto-1748347.jpg

• Like 8

Today, this beauty arrived. It's a reedition of the Tamiya Renault RE20, which originally appeared 1981 on the market. My edition has Cartograph decals and luckily there is no tobacco ad missing, cause there were none. No decals for the tire markings are included, but they are engraved on the rubber tires, same as with the Brabham kit.
Plastic looks fine in the box.
I'm not the biggest fan of these turbo charged monsters, but these LS Tamiya kits are too good to let them pass. They will release two more Tyrells soon, one is the six wheeler. I'm eagerly waiting for a re edition of a McLaren MP4, 5 or 6 in 1/12. The second hand prices for these are crazy.

Cheers Rob

IMG_0077.thumb.JPG.a6eb754a47efa1218538fc00657a841e.JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Today, this beauty arrived. It's a reedition of the Tamiya Renault RE20, which originally appeared 1981 on the market. My edition has Cartograph decals and luckily there is no tobacco ad missing, cause there were none. No decals for the tire markings are included, but they are engraved on the rubber tires, same as with the Brabham kit.
I'm not the biggest fan of these turbo charged monsters, but these LS Tamiya kits are too good to let them pass. They will release two more Tyrells soon, one is the six wheeler. I'm eagerly waiting for a re edition of a McLaren MP4, 5 or 6 in 1/12. The second hand prices for these are crazy.

Cheers Rob

Nice one

And yes te mlaren mp4/6 is going crazy prices on the internet.

I have one and found it for a good price.

Maybe i will pick up the six wheeler.

Mark

• Like 7

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Never built a car kit but I do fancy this one. I'm the opposite Rob and a huge fan of that era of turbocharged 'loony' cars. Just crazy power with the ground effect made for far more interesting racing than you get now. Haven't watched F1 for 10 years as I just got totally turned off by the contrivance and artificiality of it, plus the lack of actual racing!

• Like 6

1 hour ago, GusMac said:

Never built a car kit but I do fancy this one. I'm the opposite Rob and a huge fan of that era of turbocharged 'loony' cars. Just crazy power with the ground effect made for far more interesting racing than you get now. Haven't watched F1 for 10 years as I just got totally turned off by the contrivance and artificiality of it, plus the lack of actual racing!

With you 1000% Gus……..where is Murray when you need him……

• Like 5

21 hours ago, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Rob

So glad you Renault arrived already. My on line vendor has not received their shipment yet and I'm on the list for one. Looking forward to you starting one of your Tamiya 1/12 scale kits. I still have my Ferrari 312T to finish yet.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 5

On 5/27/2022 at 11:02 AM, DocRob said:

Cheers Rob

Nice kit Rob. 

Tamiya does the MP4/6 in 1/12. If you do get one, check out the Top Studio detail sets for the kit. They are mind blowing. But are easily double the price of the kit. 

Model Factory Hiro does the MP4/4 in 1/12. It has working pistons. You can even get the engine as a separate kit from them.

Carl

• Like 5

4 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice kit Rob. 

Tamiya does the MP4/6 in 1/12. If you do get one, check out the Top Studio detail sets for the kit. They are mind blowing. But are easily double the price of the kit. 

Model Factory Hiro does the MP4/4 in 1/12. It has working pistons. You can even get the engine as a separate kit from them.

Thanks Carl, I know about all these, but I feel myself not ready for a MFH kit and if I am, i guess it will be an vintage Alfa with spokes. I hope for a Tamiya reissue of the MP4/6, because I'm not willing to pay the crazy prizes for the kit. Top Studio sets are indeed super detailed, so maybe some of them will be considered, but not all, having a price tag of 400 Euro for the all inclusive set.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

Nice going. Going to be an exceptional project as is Kai's. Looking forward to this build in the not too far future. 

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

First going to finish the viggen and lancaster.

After that maybe tornado time

Mark

• Like 4

On 5/30/2022 at 3:55 AM, mark31 said:

Thanks Kai for getting me in to this 😄

Light set for the tornado

20220530_095234.thumb.jpg.5eb1c170dc0749740795952747087e1c.jpg

Mark

I need to get a lighting set for my 1/20 Strike Valkyrie. It's big enough that it seems not having it would be odd.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Finally got my Cheetah conversion from Scaleworx.

PXL_20220601_194059257.thumb.jpg.2c2d11aaa60c28e9d434b1dd1aad33b4.jpg

Took a while but it's not like I was worried the stash was going to run out. 

If it's anything like the quality of the Cheetah C set I used you're in for a treat Carl.

John is about to release a full resin kit of the Mirage F1 which is also mighty tempting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1