The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

This should be titled..."what i haven't got". My Tamiya A34 Comet kit

Has been stuck at the Chicago ISC facility since Thanksgiving... Customs apparently.

I've never had this problem with Hobbyeasy, BNA, or hobbylinc Japan before.....Why now?

I'm told by USPS customer service that they can hold the package from 2 weeks to 45

days. I'm thinking of ordering the kit from Tower Hobbies if it's available from them before then. Mad as a wet hen at this.....well, disappointed Anyway.

Please note: the package made it to Chicago from Hong Kong in just 3 days

After that, it's been sitting in Chicago...... Sitting, static, no movement... Nada.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

8 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

This should be titled..."what i haven't got". My Tamiya A34 Comet kit

Has been stuck at the Chicago ISC facility since Thanksgiving... Customs apparently.

I've never had this problem with Hobbyeasy, BNA, or hobbylinc Japan before.....Why now?

I'm told by USPS customer service that they can hold the package from 2 weeks to 45

days. I'm thinking of ordering the kit from Tower Hobbies if it's available from them before then. Mad as a wet hen at this.....well, disappointed Anyway.

I wonder if I'll get mine before you then. Just ordered it from my LHS for pick-up which I'll do on the weekend. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Me:  Honey, where can I get head?

Her:  Canada! 

Yep...  a long way to go...   But I got some.  From those fine people at Ultracast.  

All Luftwaffe 1/32 scale pilots.

IMG_1612.thumb.JPG.c023a3c970d97671d3bacc43ceb18667.JPG

I take it they did the two at the right specially for you Gaz, knowing they were going to Oz!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I managed to find myself the old Return of the Jedi boxing MPC 1/50 X Wing. I had built one as a kid and was looking for it again. On the hunt now for others I missed as a kid like the Star Destroyer, walkers, tie fighters and Y wing.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, BradG said:

I managed to find myself the old Return of the Jedi boxing MPC 1/50 X Wing. I had built one as a kid and was looking for it again. On the hunt now for others I missed as a kid like the Star Destroyer, walkers, tie fighters and Y wing.

A lot of those kits are being re-released by Round2. They're also doing some updates to help fix/correct some of the kits like new side panels for the MPC Millennium Falcon. There's a new 1/32 TiE fighter coming and the Razorcrest just came out. 

Carl

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

How true and I am in a secured, secret hiding place - one unopened bottle.

I've got s few of those stashed away as it is a nice match for AMT-4 and I stocked up while they were still available in the UK.

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 2

Just now, BlrwestSiR said:

A lot of those kits are being re-released by Round2. They're also doing some updates to help fix/correct some of the kits like new side panels for the MPC Millennium Falcon. There's a new 1/32 TiE fighter coming and the Razorcrest just came out. 

Carl

I will keep and eye out for them. We did get some re released star wars kits down here in Australia, including the ATAT walker and a few others. I really should pick up the big revell ATAT though.

• Like 3

On 11/29/2022 at 9:03 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Reply to the Piasecki H-21 kit.  It’s 1/48 but a nice looking kit and quite large. I’ve read horror stories about the greenhouse bubble not fitting, but mine does.  This’ll be a neat build. 

261323C1-21A1-4E4E-A250-2C252914900C.jpeg

A1DABE30-4374-4C35-849D-9BE4BFB7B70D.jpeg

DCD5C756-469D-48BD-A6BC-09E31FF37BDA.jpeg

D4FBBA59-EB61-4B07-931E-8B9C940E35D2.jpeg

On 11/29/2022 at 9:03 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Reply to the Piasecki H-21 kit.  It’s 1/48 but a nice looking kit and quite large. I’ve read horror stories about the greenhouse bubble not fitting, but mine does.  This’ll be a neat build. 

261323C1-21A1-4E4E-A250-2C252914900C.jpeg

A1DABE30-4374-4C35-849D-9BE4BFB7B70D.jpeg

DCD5C756-469D-48BD-A6BC-09E31FF37BDA.jpeg

D4FBBA59-EB61-4B07-931E-8B9C940E35D2.jpeg

That looks like a seriously cool kit!.....I'm going to look into that one. I hope you do

a build thread on that one...and give your impressions on fit, build, etc. Very interesting,

I'd like to build a helo .....'built a Soviet naval helicopter years ago...an ESCI kit. Yes, THAT long ago! The new Takom and Meng Apache kits are very tempting.....but that weird

"Flying Banana" has a lot of appeal... A banana peal....ha, ha, well, never mind...bad pun, my bad.

• Like 3