The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

A good friend has recently fallen in love with the StuG III. So much so, that he's been buying a bunch off ebay! In one of the lots was an Sdkfz. 250/1, which he's not overly fond of, but knew I've been thinkiing of doing some sort of German halftrack. Since he's been picking my brain on diorama building, he gave the 250/1 to me as a sort of "payment" for my knowledge. :D

20140731_063750-1_zpsffokex7q.jpg

• Like 1

Great pick ups guys

Rick: I doubt you'll be seeing any aftermarket for the 410, or any other HPH kits for that matter

Just no money in it with such a minuscule production run

:(

agree with you Nick, perhaps some scratch building may be in  my future.  I just secured a Grey Matter DB603

Love that 410 Rick. There is one in a museum not too far from me in the UK at Cosford. If you need any particular detail shots let me know, any excuse to walk round there and I'll take it! ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris I appreciate the assist offer.  Will take you up on that when needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Not LSM scale... But I have been wanting one of these for ages... Finally got one!

81F0o3tTLEL._SL1500_.jpg

And now you'll also have to buy all those PE sets for the latticeworks beneath the flightdeck... ;)

Besides an incredible amount of Barracuda sets for the Mustang, Corsair and Spit I/II I succumbed to Z-M's Ta 152H at the IPMS USA Nats this week... Still not sure how to get that thing home...

P1140173.jpg

• Like 1

Bench time will be a premium these next two weeks.  I did get some goodies today with more on the way.

081114_Luft600L_Tank.jpg

CMK's new release Luftwaffe 600L drop tanks.  Will use on my Mistel2 FW190.

BTW, I have an extra set.

081114_Tiffy_Stencils.jpg

Some stencils for my MDC Tiffy.

Guest DannyVM

yes yes yes.....this morning at my doorstep...........

DSC_0090_zps1a346df5.jpg

Thank's to Grant Lovett (Arrow&Wolf) his fabulous and fast service. wow.gif

m0152.gif

Greetz

Danny

Well ... With my first overseas trip done and dusted in May this year ... It was back into acquisition mode for me!! ...

I changed tack slightly during June-July with a few reference books being put onto order ... Since I don't usually go after this kind of thing It was a bit of an eye-opening experience trying to chase down books no longer in print!! ... While all this was going on - My Birthday arrived! - and with it, as per usual, my boss' email asking me to select a gift ... There IS a $$ limit on these kinds of things - but he doesn't mind going over marginally if he can ... I dunno how much it cost him ... but I ordered this:

IMG_0169_zps543d1f56.jpg

And at the same time ... I rang Frontline, my Aussie supplier, and ordered these (a couple were on back order and only arrived last week) ...

Much said about the inaccuracy of the kits below ... but they can't really be faulted on detail, fit and finish!! ...

IMG_0171_zpscc3bfd27.jpg

IMG_0173_zpsf938338f.jpg

IMG_0170_zpsd4ed3620.jpg

... as well as the Airfix Typhoon - which only just arrived at about the same time as my backorders. In a brief nod to "Canopy-gate", while this one has the tiniest distortion at the top ... it is nothing to really cry about - at least nothing to get me figged in calling Hornby to get a replacement!!

IMG_0174_zps0ced7806.jpg

Meanwhile ... Just prior to my kit's being mailed ... my reference books arrived! ...

IMG_0176_zps4c462603.jpg

IMG_0177_zps7ca7dd71.jpg

IMG_0178_zpsb0c9d639.jpg

IMG_0179_zpsaa9e5f81.jpg

I especially like the 3 Vol Fw190 and 2 Vol Bf109 Refs!!... Still in the hunt for a good Spitfire (all Mks in one book!), Hurricane and Typhoon/Tempest ref in Hardcover ... but they can wait a bit now while I get my tennis gear organised for the coming summer!!

That's all just for now, while I clear a bit of shelf space for these and future purchases! ...

Rog smile.png

• Like 3

Received my masks from Paul Paul Grivas at Kronos Model Aircraft Vinyl Paint Masks today for my upcoming Revell 1/32 Hawker Hunter build.
If you're interested in some super vinyl paint masks for your next or current build contact Paul at pgrivas@cox.net. Paul creates these fantastic masks for 1/48, 1/32 and 1/24.
Highly recommended!!

A1354C60-579D-472A-9997-D5CF1BB957AD_zps

• Like 1

Nice stuff, all! I bought this one...:

Did you chop the box art off, lol??? ... otherwise it's looking a little flat!

I got one shortly after release, nice kit ... and the only one since the other has disappeared indefinitely!!

Rog :)

Love shopping. Got the Meng Merkava. Looking forward tp getting the Voyager tormentor pe aftermarket set. Speaking of which......also received the Meng track set for their Leopard 1A4 and the camo paint mask for same by J's Models.

file-132.jpg