The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Soo.... What did you just get???

Dave J

Having lurked on here for long enough picking up tips, etc, it's time to take George's words to heart and get something on a wip. Here it is - a bit of a minority interest one being a modern jet but it's what I like. Will be essentially OOB except for Aires KM-1 seat. Will use the Montex canopy masks and the LindenHill decals. They're for a slightly later model (MLD) but should be able to modify the arabic numerals to get what I want. Plan is to do one which was shot down over the Beqaa Valley during Operation Mole Cricket 19 in June 1982. The follow up (already ordered) is the Tamiya F-15C to do #802 flown by Moshe Melnick which shot this down.

Apologies for the quality of the photos, I'll have to improve this before the build thread starts!

DSCF3897_zps93920bd2.jpg

DSCF3899_zps99db81c6.jpg

Gus

• Like 1

After helping a friend get back into model building, he has been building a stash by purchasing ebay lots. The plus side, is the things that he has no interest in, he gives to me.

My latest toy

20140920_081151_zps0wcwpyrw.jpg

Should be interesting. The diorama wheels are already turning.......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

Today i scored these, at the IPMS convention at Affligem, Belgium.

Two issues of Aces High magazines.

Gunze Mr, Surfacer 1000 white primer.

a sprue cutter

and some grass for my diorama regarding the Roland.

DSC_00902_zps1d15ff58.jpg

Those Aces High magazines are very nice to read, and the work that is shown in the artyicles is top work.speak_cool.gif speak_cool.gif

Greetz

Danny

Guest DannyVM

Today i went to a IPMS convention, and several exhibitors sold them there, so i bought the two examples. But i'm sure there are enough online stores who sell them to.

Here in Belgium Domino sell them (that's the exhibitor where i bought the two examples):

http://www.domino.be/main.php?action=firmaprods&type=productendvd&fabrikant=342&fabrikantnaam=ak_interactive&categorie=29&categorienaam=Book%20/%20Catalogue&pagina=1

and also Plastic Modelbouw:

http://www.plasticmodelbouw.nl/product_info.php?products_id=22438&osCsid=6df5d7a7ca1a315371d970074011c610

I see that issue two is sold out, but issue one is still in stock.

Greetz

Danny

And now ... I have something to add ... biggrin.png

First up - The last of a set of Classics Publications books I had on order - These are getting very hard to find ... I hope the new mob at Crecy start doing reprints of some of the other stuff soon ...

IMG_0332_zps2fe1fb41.jpg

And today ... a Parcel is delivered from Czechoslovakia ...

IMG_0326_zpse7e87e2f.jpg

Unfortunately the Belgian chocolate had a hard time from some evidently warmer weather through France, India, China and Singapore sad.png ... Shape issues resulting!! ... Fortunately none of the taste was lost biggrin.png ... and the kit, of course, is awesome!!

IMG_0330_zpsfba9ec4b.jpg

Of course ... It's always a good idea when buying O/S, to buy "in bulk" if possible, and save on freight ... so I grabbed a couple of correction kits on the list ...

IMG_0328_zpsb1bc6937.jpg

IMG_0329_zpsfd11e936.jpg

... As for the kit ... a fellow LSPer and I have something rather special in store for this one!! biggrin.png

Regards

Rog smile.png

Nice scores Dodger...

Particularly like the '410, wish I was able to have one. I'd be all over an IM version should some nice Model company choose to release one.

S

Working in conjunction with some contacts in Belgium and UK for a fully detailed AM add on kit involving a rather large protuberance from the nose ... probably a while away on that one ... also have a nice new and detailed G4 conversion (Bf110) in the works ... I'm just on logistics, supply and finance for these though ... But if you you want to modify a Dragon Bf110 to get some of that Schrage Musik happening?? ... You might be in luck into the New Year Steve :)

Rog :)

Sounds great Rog...

So long as there's not too much resin involved. A bit here and there I can get away with, but a whole kit made of the stuff like the HPH Hornise would give my Oncologist fits if she were to find out what I was doing in my spare time.

S

Working in conjunction with some contacts in Belgium and UK for a fully detailed AM add on kit involving a rather large protuberance from the nose ... probably a while away on that one ... also have a nice new and detailed G4 conversion (Bf110) in the works ... I'm just on logistics, supply and finance for these though ... But if you you want to modify a Dragon Bf110 to get some of that Schrage Musik happening?? ... You might be in luck into the New Year Steve :)

Eh??

That's come out of the blue hasn't it?

Is this a G conversion for the (excellent) DML kits yes?

The kit is expensive here in Europe (often see it dirt cheap in USA) so it will be interesting to see the price of the conversion...

Definitely interesting though!

Please do share all the news / info you have for this

Cheers

Nick

Eh??

That's come out of the blue hasn't it?

Is this a G conversion for the (excellent) DML kits yes?

The kit is expensive here in Europe (often see it dirt cheap in USA) so it will be interesting to see the price of the conversion...

Definitely interesting though!

Please do share all the news / info you have for this

Cheers

Nick

Not quite from the blue Nick ... lol ... at least for me ...

Part of my acquisition budget (configured in February this year) has been allocated for the HpH Me410 in either Late Sept or during Oct this year so pretty much on schedule! ... Also, I went looking for a G-4 conversion for a Dragon Bf110 ... Long story short, the only one out there USED to be good originally but the company that owns the moulds now is as dodgy as a $3 note ... anyone lucky enough to get one gets a crap conversion for drug money investment! ...

Now I'm not a super modeller ... hell, I can't scratch my a** let alone scratch BUILD ... My eye for detail is good - better than some ... but no-where NEAR like our studious friend up there, Steve ... or Edgar ... or (insert appropriate expert here!). But I do possess a decent skill set ... team builder, vocabulary, entrepreneur (I can see potential or a good idea miles away!) ... and I can find where to go and get whatever I want easily ... and so lastly - cash! :) ... 

Sorry to go all Jennings Heilig 'Black-Ops' on you here ... but at this point there is only a certain amount of info I can share ...

The G-4 project was tabled about early June if I recall correctly - and after some initial discussion, my contact in UK (who shall remain anonymous - but is well known and respected within the community) agreed to put together a conversion for a DML kit as long as I handled logistics and supply. Also he wouldn't be able to start until some time in November because of previous commitments. I will supply the DML kit (although which one I'll be using for the 'base' kit is still undecided) ... and would have been supplying brass antennae for it if I could have got GMF to come to the party - but after 6 weeks of trying, I gave up!! ... I sourced from a couple of willing participants, some decent drawings and some dude even threw in the old conversation set so we have a 3D comparison for the crafting process. I have no timeframe for completion of the project - but once this guy gets committed to a project he's usually all over it ... suffice to say that his work is top notch as far as resin AM add ons go!! - TENTATIVELY 1st Qtr next year?!? ... no promises yet though ... the 410 project will be slated slightly after that one :)

• Administrators

Just had a parcel from MPM.

These included:

1:32 Special Hobby Bristol M.1C 'Wartime'
1:32 Special Hobby Bristol M.1C 'Chequers and Stripes'
1:48 Special Hobby Supermarine Walrus
1:48 Special Hobby Fairey Firefly

1:48 CMK He 177 Wheel bay set

1:48 CMK He 177 engine set

Reviews soon!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nice, Ralph! That kit looks fun! One of these times we'll actually get coordinated and say hello at HobbyTown... :)

I had two deliveries last week. I finally got my HK B-17 (it was back-ordered so long I was starting to worry) and (in a box that looked like it'd been drop-kicked a few times), the Signifier 1/48 Grumman Goose resin/PE kit I found on eBay

Now if only the Eduard stuff I ordered through HobbyLink Japan would arrive, I'd be happy...

After having a very good month at work (and I capped another good one this month, thankyou Bank of Japan!) I rounded out my Tamiya 1/32 collection with these:

sam_0882_zps3a729da5.jpg

sam_0883_zps9b48bfbd.jpg

Doll and bike not included though....

:D

sam_0884_zpse245891b.jpg

I got the A6M2 Zero awhile back so this rounds out my 1/32 Tamiya stuff - but I will definitely get the F4U-1A when it comes out - would love to do a FAA version and probably the Spitfire IX or XVI.

The two figures are 1/16 Tamiya that I've added to two others I've bought (Afrika Korps crewman and Wehrmact crewman) some of which I'll use in my upcoming 1/16 HB Tiger build.

Oh and here's some others I got about a week ago - again, went nuts when I know I dont have the time or skills to start half of these in the next year!

My first start at diorama stuff, I will keep adding to this lot:

sam_0864_zps333e430d.jpg

The Meng kit looks bloody awesome - my LHS owner also chucked in the Eduard PE and masks. The Eduard 109 is a cracker too:

sam_0875_zps80accbb5.jpg

Some more 1/48 Tamiya "filler" kits - got some bagged kits for a bargain:

sam_0876_zps544f3fa7.jpg

I already have the FAA Avenger, but I bought another for a FAA diorama I'm planning - and the Meng 410 is a beauty. I just bought the Hasegawa Henschel 129 with the 75mm cannon to pair this up:

sam_0877_zps1f57d12a.jpg

Another Meng monster - the Char 2C - this is huge:

sam_0880_zpsb8465f0b.jpg

Last night on ebay I was able to score the brilliant 1/16 Tamiya Kubelwagen kit - the Afrika Korps version with Rommel and driver figure - will show piccies when it comes from Japan in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

My Tamiya 1/32 stash grows with this arrival today:

sam_0885_zps60fac6eb.jpg
Sorry about the reflection....it also includes the clear parts for the cowling:

sam_0886_zps358ba66e.jpg

3 marking options - here's the foldout for one of them:

sam_0887_zps9a4ce1c6.jpg

My 3 year old daughter wants me to make "Skipper" from Planes - she immediately recognised him when I unboxed it  - but I have no idea what I'll do when I eventually get around to this beautiful kit! The detail is breathtaking...
  • Like 1